Air Saddle vs. Fusion Saddle

Old April 19th 05, 03:25 AM
Moogs

Default Air Saddle vs. Fusion Saddle

I'm sick of getting rashes on my inner legs, so I've decided to upgrade
my saddle. I'm riding a 20" Sun, there won't be any problem with this
saddle, right:

http://www.unicycle.com/Shopping/shopexd.asp?id=627

Also, I'm wondering what the difference in Fusion vs. an Air Saddle is,
is it worth the $40 upgrade? Thanks a lot guys, I want to get this
bought tonight so it'll hopefully ship tomorrow

--
Moogs
Moogs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9535

Old April 19th 05, 03:44 AM
cyberpunk

Yes and no, I don't belive the seat will attatch to your post, so you
will need to purchase a new seatpost, I'm not sure what the diamater of
the seatpost is for a sun but its probably a 22.5 you might want to
measure it to see though.

As for the air vs. fusion saddle, the air saddle isn't really nessecary
unless you ride for long periods of time, or if only the best will do.
It is much more comfturble, but I ride a regular KH style seat, and i'm
fine, I don't experience any chaffing.

--
cyberpunk - lvl Four Unicyclist

Quick Press ctrl+W
cyberpunk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8923

Old April 19th 05, 03:47 AM
onewheeljoe

I own an air saddle and I just converted my fusion saddle into an air
seat also. I've read a few people's posts who say that you sacrifice
control with an air seat. I'm sure that is true to some extent but the
air seat is way more comfortable. Way more... and I definitely still
feel totally in control of the uni.

Its a pretty easy conversion to make and you can probably do it yourself
and save some money if you have a sewing machine and a drill. You have
to decide if you want to part with the $40 or if you want to get crafty.

--
onewheeljoe - Former Cyclist
onewheeljoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7357

Old April 19th 05, 03:57 AM
Denali

Isn't the air saddle a converted fusion saddle??...I'd recommend that
for max comfort especially for distance riding....
There should be some cream/gel stuff for preventing rashes as well...

--
Denali - Heil Denali
Denali's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9085

Old April 19th 05, 05:39 AM
Spunkydeadcat

I have a 26" sun that I put a KH saddle on it will fit fine I'm sure.

-pip

--
Spunkydeadcat
Spunkydeadcat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9728

Old April 19th 05, 10:36 AM
john_childs

I'm pretty sure the Sun unicycles have the standard 4 bolt seat mount
that looks like 'this'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=271). That style of
seatpost will fit the KH seats, along with Viscount, Schwinn, Semcycle,
and many others. It will fit almost everything except for the Miyata
seat and those evil Savage seats.

Go with the KH Fusion seat (the version with the removable seat cover).
Ride that and see how it feels. Later you can easily convert the Fusion
seat to an air seat if you want. No need to pay extra to have it done
for you. More than likely the stock Fusion seat will be just fine and
you won't need to bother with an air conversion.

Another thing you can do with the Fusion seat is fiddle with the shape
of the foam. Since the cover is removable you can get at the foam and
cut the foam into a different shape or make the foam thinner or anything
else that strikes your fancy. There are several people here riding KH
Fusion saddles with the foam custom cut for their preferences.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com

Old April 19th 05, 01:13 PM
munipsycho

john_childs wrote:
*Another thing you can do with the Fusion seat is fiddle with the
shape of the foam. Since the cover is removable you can get at the
foam and cut the foam into a different shape or make the foam thinner
or anything else that strikes your fancy. There are several people
here riding KH Fusion saddles with the foam custom cut for their
preferences. *

Can we get some pictures posted of this process of customizing the KH
Fusion Saddle, and the of outcome?

I'd like to see what it looks like on the inside, and when finished.
And especially some good "how-to".

(Maybe it should be a new thread!)

--
munipsycho - CrashTestDummies are us.

=====================
The UniSkills Assessment: www.munipsycho.com/uniskills_2.jsp

I can fly too. But I can only fly down.
-Little Bear

Imagine all the people
Riding on one wheel.
J. Lennon. (paraphrased)
munipsycho's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9589

Old April 19th 05, 03:11 PM
jl0r

Even with a comfortable seat, after 40 miles, I get chafed.
Others have turned me on to what we affectionaly call 'Butt Butter'
(http://tinyurl.com/2m3lb)
Also some people prefer Bag Balm or Udder Cream. This weekend is the
100k IronMan, almost all the Cokers will have one of these on.

--
jl0r
jl0r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4497

Old April 19th 05, 03:57 PM
john_childs

munipsycho wrote:
*Can we get some pictures posted of this process of customizing the KH
Fusion Saddle, and the of outcome?

I'd like to see what it looks like on the inside, and when finished.
And especially some good "how-to".

(Maybe it should be a new thread!) *

I don't have any pictures of such a modification. I don't even have a
KH Fusion saddle yet. However, when I do get a Fusion saddle I'm very
likely going to trim a wedge out of the nose of the saddle to make it
flatter (less of a "U" shape).

GizmoDuck trimmed the foam down to make the seat less thick. He's using
that seat on his Coker. He's got pictures of the end result somewhere.
Some trials riders have also done the same to make the seat easier to
grab and hold for seat out front jumping.

I'd like to see pictures of the inside of a KH Fusion saddle. I'm
curious to see how the saddle is put together, how the bolts fit, what
the stiffener plate looks like, etc.

Old April 19th 05, 04:57 PM
jagur

john_childs wrote:
*I'd like to see pictures of the inside of a KH Fusion saddle. I'm
curious to see how the saddle is put together, how the bolts fit, what
the stiffener plate looks like, etc. *

i had a fusion seat for about 3 days before i ended up trading it
off.

i didnt take a pic's but i opened it up a little. the foam is white and
is lightly kept on the base with some sort of double sided tape. the
stiffner plate looked the same as the others ive seen taken apart. the
bolts go threw it like a miyata plate so i dont think there will be any
"spinning" problems. most notibly was the rear bumper bolts, they are
sunk into a hexagnal slot that holds the bolt head very nicly. no
spinning probs there either.

other than those obsevations, it felt just the same in weight and
stiffness to both my Torker DX seats.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Broken KH Fusion Saddle Allready?! munimanpete Unicycling 14 July 13th 05 03:47 AM
KH Fusion Saddle Rayden Unicycling 26 February 25th 05 08:58 PM
Kris Holm Fusion air saddle KcTheAcy Unicycling 2 February 2nd 05 09:48 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM