Help recovering stolen recumbent trike.

Old May 31st 04, 01:05 PM
Wirral John

Default Help recovering stolen recumbent trike.

Hi all,
Friend of mine has had his Greenspeed recumbent trike stolen from outside a
supermarket on
the Wirral here in the UK.

It's red, frame No. not known at the moment. If anyone sees one being sold,
abandoned or whatever, can they tell the police.

The bent isn't insured and the guy's gutted.

Thanks everyone.

Cheers
John

Old May 31st 04, 01:52 PM
Wirral John

"Wirral John" wrote in message
Hi all,
Friend of mine has had his Greenspeed recumbent trike stolen from outside

supermarket on
the Wirral here in the UK.

It's red, frame No. not known at the moment. If anyone sees one being

sold,
abandoned or whatever, can they tell the police.

The bent isn't insured and the guy's gutted.

Thanks everyone.

Cheers
John

The frame No. GTR 20200844.

Thanks again

John

Old May 31st 04, 02:13 PM
JohnB

Wirral John wrote:

"Wirral John" wrote in message
Hi all,
Friend of mine has had his Greenspeed recumbent trike stolen from outside

supermarket on
the Wirral here in the UK.

It's red, frame No. not known at the moment. If anyone sees one being

sold,
abandoned or whatever, can they tell the police.

The bent isn't insured and the guy's gutted.

Thanks everyone.

Cheers
John

The frame No. GTR 20200844.

Thanks again

John

Might be worth putting it on the Cycling Plus Forum; they have a section
for stolen machines:
http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/

Good luck.

John B
Old May 31st 04, 03:31 PM
Wirral John

"John" wrote in message
I live on the Wirral. I'll keep my eyes open. What area was the recumbent
stolen in?

John

"Wirral John" wrote in message

"Wirral John" wrote in message
Hi all,
Friend of mine has had his Greenspeed recumbent trike stolen from

outside
supermarket on
the Wirral here in the UK.

It's red, frame No. not known at the moment. If anyone sees one being

sold,
abandoned or whatever, can they tell the police.

The bent isn't insured and the guy's gutted.

Thanks everyone.

Cheers
John

The frame No. GTR 20200844.

Thanks again

John

Hi John,
It was outside Safeways in West Kirby. Your neck of the woods?

Cheers
John

Old May 31st 04, 04:32 PM
John

No I'm on the other side, Tranmere, but I'll keep my eyes open. Being a
recumbent it should stand out and lets hope the person or persons who took
it get their comeuppance and the trike returned.

Old June 1st 04, 01:31 AM
kit

On Mon, 31 May 2004 14:13:06 +0100, JohnB wrote:

Wirral John wrote:

"Wirral John" wrote in message
Hi all,
Friend of mine has had his Greenspeed recumbent trike stolen from outside

supermarket on
the Wirral here in the UK.

It's red, frame No. not known at the moment. If anyone sees one being

sold,
abandoned or whatever, can they tell the police.

I'm not around there, but I will keep an eye out.

The bent isn't insured and the guy's gutted.

Tell him not to give up. It's difficult to go unnoticed on a 'bent so
there is probably a reasonable chance of getting it back.

FWIW when my recumbent was stolen, I managed to find several people
who had seen it by going round small shops and chatting to people as I was
putting up 'stolen' notices. A previous round of 'stolen' notices that a
friend posted for me, got no reply.

I hope your friend finds it,

Kit

Old June 1st 04, 10:38 AM
Nick Kew

In article ,
"Wirral John" writes:

The frame No. GTR 20200844.

Put up a best-possible description with any available photos on a webpage,
so that anyone who sees a possible candidate can make a sanity check
before risking the hassle and embarassment of a groundless report to police.

--
Nick Kew
Old June 2nd 04, 12:12 AM
Wirral John

"Nick Kew" wrote in message
In article ,
"Wirral John" writes:

The frame No. GTR 20200844.

Put up a best-possible description with any available photos on a webpage,
so that anyone who sees a possible candidate can make a sanity check
before risking the hassle and embarassment of a groundless report to

police.

--
Nick Kew

Thanks Nick,
As said, the trike isn't mine, so I've no photos, but will talk to the guy
who owns it and suggest it.

Once again, thanks.

Cheers
John