RR: The Ice Bike Cometh

Old January 4th 08, 05:58 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Default RR: The Ice Bike Cometh

Corvus Corvax wrote:
On Jan 4, 7:14 am, Devs wrote:
You might be interested to know, however, that my kit of choice is
pocket rockets with Fritschi Diamir freeride bindings, crampons and
skins.

Sounds pretty gay.

CC

Ha ha ha!

Actually a nice AT setup can be a good thing. I don't have one but if
the state of AT/Randonee was where it is today when I started wanting to
ski the backcountry (early 90's) I probably would have gone that route
instead of tele. Now I have so much time and gear invested in having a
free heel, I don't think I'll ever go back to training heels.
I'll ski the steeps at Crested Butte in my tele gear but not too many
steep backcountry lines. I'm more afraid of avalanches than falling. I
have people depending on me being alive and I don't want to let them down.

Matt
Old January 4th 08, 10:07 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Devs[_2_]

In message
,
Corvus Corvax writes
On Jan 4, 7:14 am, Devs wrote:
You might be interested to know, however, that my kit of choice is
pocket rockets with Fritschi Diamir freeride bindings, crampons and
skins.

Sounds pretty gay.

OMG. My life is at an end! A GRS has called me gay. How can i face the
outside world ever again?
--
Devs
"Punchdown Pete the old Kroner"
Old January 5th 08, 04:37 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

Devs wrote:
In message
,
Corvus Corvax writes
On Jan 4, 7:14 am, Devs wrote:
You might be interested to know, however, that my kit of choice is
pocket rockets with Fritschi Diamir freeride bindings, crampons and
skins.

Sounds pretty gay.

OMG. My life is at an end! A GRS has called me gay. How can i face the
outside world ever again?

I didn't know that CC was a GRS! Thanks for the tip. I shall now shun him.

Greg
Old January 7th 08, 01:33 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Zilla[_3_]

You guys are NUTS!

"MattB" wrote in message
Corvus Corvax wrote:
Buffalo, NY. City of Retards.

snip

Happy New Year, and keep your freak flags flying in 2008, brothers and
sisters!

CC

Happy new year to you too CC!
My commute was shorter, only about a mile but at about -28 this morning
it was plenty long. The crank on my townie went almost a full turn
before the freewheel engaged, but then it was fine for the ride.
I just dressed in my office clothes (casual) but wore and extra hat (in
addition to the Ugg boots and puffy down jacket which are standard
winter wear). I find two layers of hats really seems to help in sub-zero
temps. Any colder and I'd pull on a pair of ski pants over my regular
pants too.

Matt

Old January 9th 08, 10:08 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Jan 4, 7:37 pm, "G.T." wrote:
Devs wrote:
In message
,
Corvus Corvax writes
On Jan 4, 7:14 am, Devs wrote:
You might be interested to know, however, that my kit of choice is
pocket rockets with Fritschi Diamir freeride bindings, crampons and
skins.

Sounds pretty gay.

OMG. My life is at an end! A GRS has called me gay. How can i face the
outside world ever again?

I didn't know that CC was a GRS! Thanks for the tip. I shall now shun him.

Greg

Ditto! He's so ghey.

JD
Old January 10th 08, 03:20 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Corvus Corvax

On Jan 9, 4:08 pm, JD wrote:
On Jan 4, 7:37 pm, "G.T." wrote:

I didn't know that CC was a GRS! Thanks for the tip. I shall now shun him.

Greg

Ditto! He's so ghey.

JD

I'm writing the moderator and getting you two banned.

CC

Old January 10th 08, 05:04 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

Corvus Corvax wrote:
On Jan 9, 4:08 pm, JD wrote:
On Jan 4, 7:37 pm, "G.T." wrote:

I didn't know that CC was a GRS! Thanks for the tip. I shall now shun him.
Greg

Ditto! He's so ghey.

JD

I'm writing the moderator and getting you two banned.

That would be me so ye needn't bother or ye shall be banned instead of
just shunned.

Greg
Old January 11th 08, 10:41 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Jan 9, 8:04 pm, "G.T." wrote:
Corvus Corvax wrote:
On Jan 9, 4:08 pm, JD wrote:
On Jan 4, 7:37 pm, "G.T." wrote:

I didn't know that CC was a GRS! Thanks for the tip. I shall now shun him.
Greg
Ditto! He's so ghey.

JD

I'm writing the moderator and getting you two banned.

That would be me so ye needn't bother or ye shall be banned instead of
just shunned.

Greg

Or we could shuffle out to Beefalo, hold a street race and have me
kick his ass so badly he'll only feel like riding in the firt for the
rest of his days.

JD
Old January 12th 08, 03:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Corvus Corvax

On Jan 11, 4:41 pm, JD wrote:

Or we could shuffle out to Beefalo, hold a street race and have me
kick his ass so badly he'll only feel like riding in the firt for the
rest of his days.

Only if we do it the next time it drops below zero. And while you
would undoubtedly kick my ass even then, I doubt it would make me feel
like "riding in the firt". That sounds uncomfortable.

CC
Old January 13th 08, 01:50 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Jan 12, 6:57 am, Corvus Corvax wrote:
On Jan 11, 4:41 pm, JD wrote:

Or we could shuffle out to Beefalo, hold a street race and have me
kick his ass so badly he'll only feel like riding in the dirt for the
rest of his days.

Only if we do it the next time it drops below zero. And while you
would undoubtedly kick my ass even then, I doubt it would make me feel
like "riding in the dirt". That sounds uncomfortable.

CC

Ok, fixed!

JD