Vancouver Island MUni Weekend Schedule of Events

Old August 4th 03, 02:59 AM
Dylan Wallinger

Default Vancouver Island MUni Weekend Schedule of Events

Hey everybody, sorry for the long wait, but finally everything seems to
be worked out for the first ever Vancouver Island Mountain Unicycle
Weekend.

Some of the rides aren’t finalised because I’m not sure if the trails
are still there, (i.e., the might have been torn down, or logged) and
I’m not sure how difficult they are for beginner type riders. I also
don’t have any lengths for the trails because they are just not known. I
will try to get up and time myself to see how long it takes me to ride
them. Don’t worry though, none of them are overly epic.

Anyway here's the schedule as it stands right now:

Vancouver Island Mountain Unicycle Weekend Schedule of Events

-Thursday, August 21: ?

-Friday, August 22: Expert Ride: 9:30 am - Bucket of Blood,
Cumberland... Intermediate/Beginner Ride: 9:30 am - North East Woods,
Comox... Evening: UNiVERsE 2 Trailer Premier at Dylan’s house.

-Saturday, August 23: Expert Ride: 9:30 am - Mount Washington ride
(maybe, haven‘t decided yet, since the lift costs money) ...
Intermediate/Beginner Ride: 9:30 am - TBA... Trials Barbecue 5:00 pm,
Miracle Beach

-Sunday, August 24: Expert Ride: 9:30 am - Two Sheiks and a Dog, Sniper,
Monkey Spank, Forbidden Plateau... Intermediate/Beginner Ride: 9:30 am -
TBA... Evening - Burger Dinner at Edgewater Bistro in Comox (veggie,
salmon, halibut, and beef)

-Monday, August 25: ?

The actual event is from August 22-24 but I'm just letting the people
know that are coming early or staying later, that nothing is really
planned.

Anyone who is planning on attending, can you please send me an email at
. I have been having massive computer problems
and I have lost many of my emails.

For the barbecue we will be asking people to chip in about 5 dollars
Canadian so we can buy a bunch of stuff to cook up. Don’t worry there
will be alternatives for us vegetarians.

For the dinner at the Edgewater Bistro in Comox the burgers and fries
will cost around 10$-15$ Canadian, but I’m sure we will get a deal, as I
know the owner and both my Mom and Girlfriend work there.

I'm still working on getting some shirts together, but I dont know if
it's gonna happen yet.

If there is still tons of confusion on how to get here, just let me know
by posting to this thread or sending me an email, and I will put a map
up on the web.

If you are planning to stay at my house, please mention that in your
email so I know how much room I have. If you are planning on finding
other accommodations I have compiled a list of nearby hotels.

in Campbell River (30 Minutes North of Black Creek):

Rustic Motel
1-800-567-2007 (toll free, US and Canada)
Tel. 1-250-286-6295 Fax. 1-250-286-9692
www.rusticmotel.com Email:
2140 North Island Highway, Campbell River

Coast Discovery Inn
1-800-663-1144
Tel. 1-250-287-7155 Fax. 1-250-287-2213
www.coasthotels.com
975 Shoppers Row, Campbell River

Best Western Austrian Chalet
1-800-667-7207
Tel. 1-250-923-4231 Fax. 1-250-923-2840
www.vquest.com/austrian/ Email:

Above Tide Motel, 361 Island Highway, Campbell River, BC
Tel250)286-6231

April Point Resort, 900 April Point Rd, Quathiaski Cove, Quadra Island,
BC,
Tel250)285-2222

Hotel Backmair
hotelbackmair.com Email:

492 S Island Hwy,Campbell River, BC
Tel250)923-2848

Bennets Point Resort
bennettspointresort.com
4384 S. Island Hwy.
Campbell River, B.C. Canada
Email:

Tel250)923-4281
Toll Free:1-877-561-3425

Big Rock Motel, 1020 South Island Hwy, Campbell River, BC
Tel250)923-4211

Deer Lodge, 1290 Alpine Way Mt Washington, Campbell River, BC
Tel250)334-3700

Eagle Nest Lodge Motel, 391 Island Hwy, Campbell River, BC
Tel:286-6004

The Edgewater Motel
www.edgewatermotel.ca
4073 South Island Hwy,
Campbell River, BC,
Email:
Tel250)923-5421

The Marina Inn
www.themarinainn.com
1430 S Island Hwy, Campbell River, BC,

1-800-651-0121

The Ramada
www.ramadacr.ca
261 Island Hwy. Campbell River, BC,
V9W 2B3
Email:
Tel250)286-1131
Toll Free:1-800-663-7227

The Super 8 motel
www.super8.com
340S Island Hwy, Campbell River, BC, V9W 1A5
Email:
Tel250)286-6622 Toll Free:1-800-800-8000
Vista Del Mar
www.vistadelmarmotel.com
920 South Island Hwy,
Campbell River, BC,V9W 1B1 Email:
Tel250)923-4271 Toll Free:800-661-4311

in Courtenay (30 minutes South of Black Creek)

The Travel Lodge
www.travelodgecourtenay.com
2605 S. Island Hwy., Courtenay,
British Columbia, Canada

Toll-free: 1-800-795-9486
Tel250)334-4491

Anco Motel
1885 Cliffe Ave., Courtenay,
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Tel250)334-2451 Fax250)334-3420

Crown Isle Resort & Golf, 399 Clubhouse Dr., Courtenay, BC, Canada
Tel250)703-5050

River Heights Motel
1820 Cliffe Ave, Courtnay, B.C.
Email:
Tel250)338-8932

The Sleepy Hollow Inn
sleepyhollowinn.bc.ca
1190 Cliff Ave. Courtenay,
Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Toll Free:1-800-811-5955 Tel250)334-4476

Hopefully this helps everybody out.

Dylan Wallinger

--
Dylan Wallinger
Dylan Wallinger's Profile:

Old August 8th 03, 07:28 AM
Checkernuts

I'm there.

--
Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

See interviews, product reviews, and places to ride, and for all the
latest in the Trials scene
www.momentumbicycletrials.com

Unicycles are welcome dont let the name scare you.
__________________
No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20
Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

Old August 8th 03, 06:07 PM
bogg-girl

Thanks for the info on the Vancouver muni event Dylan! I just paid for
my plane ticket and am flying in from the farthest point in Eastern
Canada to practically the farthest point West! I would like to know a
few more details such as is Black Creek closer to Campbell River or
Comox? How can I get to Black Creek (any possible lifts?) Is anyone
driving up or back to Vancouver? I will be camping hopefully in Dylan's
backyard!! Are the events/rides definately starting on Friday? Who
besides me, Dylan and Checketnuts will be there?
Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to the first Van. Island Muni!!

Keep'er rollin'
Bogg-girl

--
bogg-girl
bogg-girl's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4202

Old August 11th 03, 02:49 AM
harper

Dylan-

I will be attending at least one day. I plan to be a MUni rider one day
and a husband on another day. I'm interested in the ride that has the
most trail toys. Will you list the features of the rides if possible?

What ferry do you recommend taking? Which one is least likely to require
reservations? The Comox-Powell River run looks like it's the most
convenient.

Is Black Creek a tiny little community with no motels in town and only
the provincial campground nearby? Is the campground primitive or does it
have pay showers available?

Will you soon post a map or directions to your house or whatever meeting
place we will use?

Will I need to bring my Canadian phrase book or will translators be
available?

--
harper - Old dog, no tricks

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"Are you OK???" - Just about anyone I've ever ridden with