Forget St. Etienne

Old July 24th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

Default Forget St. Etienne

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 04:49:30 GMT, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In article ,
RonSonic wrote:

Michael Arse-ficken should be thrown out of the Tour for his multiple
missed
tests over the past couple of years.

**** that. It's stupid that he has to report his ****ing whereabouts like
a damn
pervert on parole.

Let Contador and Evans fight it out.

Where was Contador every single week of the last 2 years? Are HIS papers
in
order.

Ron- Hide quoted text -

And how about the Columbians?? It's a Eurocentric system that works
well for those close by. I wonder how many out of competition tests
they've sent people to Kazakhstan to conduct?
I saw an article this weekend about companies injecting GPS tracking
and security chips into their employees, can the UCI be far behind?
It's not just a nutcase conspiracy thing anymore, unfortunately.
Bill C

I really do understand that out of competition testing is the current thing
and
part of the job. But somehow I am so much more sympathetic to Chicken sending
postcard than I am with the bloodsuckers and peripheral personnel who only
get
to annoy and drain blood from such as him. I guess that's where the
complaints
about men in black come from. Who wants to go to all those weird, wild places
get samples for testing.

Well, I sympathize. You see a recurring pattern of pros loving to train
in the remotest places they can (Axel Merckx has been known to train in
my province*. No word on what colour he wears), and you start to wonder
if those locations are picked because they like lonely locales, or
because they like being very far from WADA agents.

I don't "train" any more than I have to. I rarely spend more than 2 hours on the
bike at a time and I occasionally become desperate for new, interesting places
to ride. If I needed locations for 4-6 hour training days with mountains I would
also evenually end up in the Sierra Madres myself.

The WADAns often seem to be Nifong-crazy: they over-promise and
under-deliver on prosecutions. I suspect they think they're being "open"
when they talk about their broad impressions of the state of doping in
particular sports and their worries about particular athletes, but I
think they tend more towards "slanderous."

Probably explains McQuade's recent babbling a bit. But in the case of Rasmussen,
it seems to me that if there's a penalty for failing to report properly after
three incidents, then it is just plain wrong to enforce that penalty after two
incidents. I can see getting pulled over by a cop for going 33 in a 35, "well,
you were pretty close and we have to protect the integrity of the roads."

As Ben Franklin once said, it's possible to frame a guilty man.

I've also been wondering about the Hemopure allegations that've just come up.
Who would use something that a seventh grader could detect.

Dumbass:

a seventh grader? He was a _mountain biker_ at the time!

Like, nearly as bad as triathlism,

Oh, yeah. He wouldn't have a 7th graders grasp of biology.

Ron

*Before this goes any further, I should make it clear that Axel's wife
is from the interior. Just like Rasmussen's wife is from Mexico.

Forget Doping... Nobody Racing 3 October 4th 06 08:46 AM
Forget Landis how about that Eki! doc Racing 3 July 23rd 06 03:15 PM
Who else did they forget? Veloise General 6 October 6th 05 09:05 PM
saint etienne ITT comparisons Dan Gregory Racing 4 July 18th 05 11:11 PM
Don't Forget Simonb UK 11 April 12th 05 06:55 PM