ANOTHER Mountain Biker Death

Old August 9th 08, 05:24 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default ANOTHER Mountain Biker Death

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 04:50:56 -0700 (PDT), Siskuwihane
wrote:

On Aug 9, 2:14*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 15:50:34 +1000, "Landy" wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 15:06:49 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

mike, What's your opinion of cops on Mountain bikes in cities and
congested areas where they can sneak up on criminals, etc to prevent
harm to others?

It's idiotic to ride a mountain bike in the city, for which road bikes
are designed. DUH!

I ride my mountain bike almost exclusively in town on tar toads. *Reasons?
They are far less prone to punctures, just for starters.
So DUH yourself.

And have much greater rolling resistance....

Even children know you can buy smooth mountain bike tires, DUH.

Many ride mountain-bikes in the city for many reasons.

BS. Not any GOOD reasons. If that were true, you would have been able
to name one. Suspensions just waste energy.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old August 9th 08, 05:36 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
di

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 06:21:23 -0500, "DI" wrote:

How do you get that? You are without a doubt you of the most stupid
people
on the face of the earth.

You had a heart attack while mountain biking! It's no coincidence....

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

What does biking have to do with it? All the Doctors agreed that I would
have had the attack years earlier had it not been to biking. You are a sick
SOB.

Old August 9th 08, 05:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc
di

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 19:57:58 +1000, "Landy" wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 15:50:34 +1000, "Landy" wrote:

That are secret? Nonsense. In the city you need a bike that is
optimized for city riding. Pavement quickly wears out the knobs on
knobby tires. Mountain bikes are one of the most poorly designed,
useless things ever invented. They cause impotence and hand and wrist
problems, to say nothing of serious injuries and death! Mountain
bikers are just to arrogant to admit it.

You would not know anything about impotence, your personatility is the best
form of birth control known.

Old August 9th 08, 07:23 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Siskuwihane[_2_]

Default Environmental Control Freak Can't Make Up His Mind.

wrote:

mike, What's your opinion of cops on Mountain bikes in cities and
congested areas where they can sneak up on criminals, etc to prevent
harm to others?

It's idiotic to ride a mountain bike in the city, for which road bikes
are designed. DUH!

I ride my mountain bike almost exclusively in town on tar toads. *Reasons?
They are far less prone to punctures, just for starters.
So DUH yourself.

And have much greater rolling resistance....

Even children know you can buy smooth mountain bike tires, DUH.

Many ride mountain-bikes in the city for many reasons.

BS. Not any GOOD reasons. If that were true, you would have been able
to name one. Suspensions just waste energy.

The reason THEY ride are THEIR BUSINESS, not yours.

You want them out of the wilderness but then belittle them for riding
in the city. Control freaks always have something to complain about.

Old August 9th 08, 08:28 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Sat, 9 Aug 2008 11:36:54 -0500, "DI" wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 06:21:23 -0500, "DI" wrote:

How do you get that? You are without a doubt you of the most stupid
people
on the face of the earth.

You had a heart attack while mountain biking! It's no coincidence....

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

What does biking have to do with it? All the Doctors agreed that I would
have had the attack years earlier had it not been to biking. You are a sick
SOB.

Mountain biking is an obvious hazard. It undoubtedly caused your heart
attack, and probably also contributed to OTHER people's heart attacks,
when you come around blind turns at too high a speed.

By the way, you can get just as much health benefit from biking
without going off-road. There is no excuse for mountain biking, which
is a selfish and environmentally irresponsible activity.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old August 9th 08, 08:34 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

wrote:

mike, What's your opinion of cops on Mountain bikes in cities and
congested areas where they can sneak up on criminals, etc to prevent
harm to others?

It's idiotic to ride a mountain bike in the city, for which road bikes
are designed. DUH!

I ride my mountain bike almost exclusively in town on tar toads. *Reasons?
They are far less prone to punctures, just for starters.
So DUH yourself.

And have much greater rolling resistance....

Even children know you can buy smooth mountain bike tires, DUH.

Many ride mountain-bikes in the city for many reasons.

BS. Not any GOOD reasons. If that were true, you would have been able
to name one. Suspensions just waste energy.

The reason THEY ride are THEIR BUSINESS, not yours.

Not when they announce it to the world. Then they need to document
what the reasons are, if they want us to believe them. By not saying
what the alleged "good reasons" are, we have to conclude that they
don't really have ANY good reasons.

Old August 9th 08, 09:21 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Siskuwihane[_2_]

Default Michael J. Vandeman Wants Bikes Out Of Wilderness Area then CriesWhen They Are Used In The City.

wrote:

[...]

Opinion, not fact from Michael J. Vandeman.

THEY didn't announce it.

The fact is, THEY are not in here posting, dummy.

Old August 9th 08, 11:41 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Locutus

By the way, you can get just as much health benefit from biking
without going off-road. There is no excuse for mountain biking, which
is a selfish and environmentally irresponsible activity.

That is correct. just today I rode thru some areas where there were quails nesting. I made a detour to crush the eggs and make them leave the area. after that I ran over a couple of garter snakes. all in all it was a very good day

Old August 10th 08, 12:54 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Landy

wrote:

[...]

Why are you such an ignorant and arrogant prick? I've already stated what
one of the reasons is.
And who said anything about suspension? That is an assumption on your part.
You also assume that everyone who owns a MB is out to **** up the bush.
You obviously have very little biking experience - mountain bike, racer or
otherwise.

Old August 10th 08, 06:31 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

wrote:

[...]

You also said that there are "other reasons". So what are they? Or are
you too embarrassed to reveal them?