Would you pay $10,000 to ride with Lance?

Old October 31st 03, 03:47 PM
Art Harris

Default Would you pay $10,000 to ride with Lance?

That's the minimum bid on eBay to take part in a MTB ride with Mr.
Armstrong. The ride (in Los Angeles) is limited to 25 participants.

Art Harris
Old October 31st 03, 05:01 PM
Fastest Fat Climber

If I were a rich, master fattie with the most tricked out rig possible, and
enough money that $10,000 was more like $100 to most people... ya, I'd pay
it.

Right now, that's half my annual. My bike is 14 years old, and I'm saving
money to buy a decent floor pump. So, I think I'll pass.

It's all relative.

om...

Old October 31st 03, 05:19 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article ,
says...
That's the minimum bid on eBay to take part in a MTB ride with Mr.
Armstrong. The ride (in Los Angeles) is limited to 25 participants.

I can't see one, let alone 25, folks paying that kind of cash to ride with
Lance.
---------------
Alex

Old October 31st 03, 05:42 PM
Chris Hughes

As a cancer surviver who just came in second at a local MTB race and knowing
the money would go to charity, yes I would. That is if I had it to spend.
College for my own kids is tops this year.
Chris
om...

Old October 31st 03, 06:29 PM
joel roth

According to the Chicago Tribune, he only charged $5K for a similar ride
in Chicago.

If the $$$ goes to his cancer charity and is directed towards research,
that's not a bad deal. You get the tax deduction, you contribute to a
good cause, and you get the chance to drop him on a ride.

Joel

Old October 31st 03, 06:33 PM
2LAP

Art Harris wrote:
That's the minimum bid on eBay to take part in a MTB ride with Mr.
Armstrong. The ride (in Los Angeles) is limited to 25 participants.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...075http://cgi-
.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2762071075
Art Harris

No but I would pay $10,000 to ride LIKE Lance....

--
www.cyclingforums.com

Old October 31st 03, 08:08 PM
Dave Jackson

In article I9xob.123943$a16.71463@lakeread01,
"Chris Hughes" wrote:

As a cancer surviver who just came in second at a local MTB race and knowing
the money would go to charity, yes I would. That is if I had it to spend.
College for my own kids is tops this year.
Chris
"Art Harris" wrote in message
om...
That's the minimum bid on eBay to take part in a MTB ride with Mr.
Armstrong. The ride (in Los Angeles) is limited to 25 participants.

Art Harris

Congratulations on being a survivor!

Dave in Minnesota
Old October 31st 03, 08:15 PM
Slider2699

"Alex Rodriguez" wrote in message
In article ,

says...
That's the minimum bid on eBay to take part in a MTB ride with Mr.
Armstrong. The ride (in Los Angeles) is limited to 25 participants.

I can't see one, let alone 25, folks paying that kind of cash to ride with
Lance.

Well, the money is going to charity, I'm sure. Plus lots of people have that
kind of change, and Lance is an icon. I'm sure they will meet capacity.

Old October 31st 03, 08:25 PM
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:19:06 -0500, Alex Rodriguez
wrote:

I can't see one, let alone 25, folks paying that kind of cash to ride with
Lance.
---------------
Alex

Is a fund raiser for charity?

If it is, I'll bet they fill it, especially in LA.

Barry
Old October 31st 03, 11:43 PM
Pete

"Art Harris" wrote in message
om...
That's the minimum bid on eBay to take part in a MTB ride with Mr.
Armstrong. The ride (in Los Angeles) is limited to 25 participants.

Art Harris

Lots of people would. Just like a fantasy baseball camp, but with a better
result for the money spent.

If I had that disposable, I might.
Then again, if I had that much disposable, I'd also go to Russia, and fly
supersonic. www.extremeadventures.com

Pete

65 mile ride, my problems, etc. [long, you probably don't care, etc] Rick Onanian General 46 August 21st 03 12:53 PM
Bonking and food for a ride Sandy Christmus General 38 August 9th 03 08:44 PM
SF Willie Brown to Receive NBG, Berkeley Mayor to ride with NBG Just a Cyclist General 1 August 7th 03 05:00 PM
Group ride questions Ken General 4 July 24th 03 01:05 AM
Ride well out into the lane where the cars go? Tanya Quinn General 3 July 10th 03 03:52 AM