Palin Surreal....

Old September 26th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
PatTX

Default Palin Surreal....

:: OMG, I thought the SNL skit where she said "I can see Russia from my
:: house" it was something the writers made up from scratch.
::
:: It's not too late for McCain to dump Palin and get someone with
:: experience, judgment, and common sense, to be his running mate.

No, she said that. And then, she backtracked and said that if she were on an
island off the coast of Alaska, she could see Russia. That makes it all
better!

Pat in TX

Old September 26th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Baldwin

Default OT - Palin Surreal....

Tom Sherman writes:

If all politicians running for office were truthful, most of
the current ones would not get elected, which would be
a very good thing for the country.

Well Tom that is one pov. I'd like to contrast that though with this.
What would be "a very good thing for the country" is a fully engaged
electorate.
While on opposite ends of the spectrum, you and I suffer equally as a
result of the truly uninformed, uninterested citizens who vote _solely_
on popular appeal.

Best Regards Brother - Mike Baldwin

Old September 27th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Sep 26, 12:44*pm, Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,

*SMS wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 25, 6:37 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Ron Ruff wrote:
See if you can follow the logic...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npUMUASwaec
I wish for once a television interviewer would say "answer the
damn question!"

Don't you watch Chris Matthews? ABS

OMG she has no idea what she's saying. She's running all her talking
points together.

Over and above her lack of preparedness to serve as VP- or, if
necessary, as President- she also appears to have no skills in talking
to the media. *She's trying to get the talking points down but at this
point she's still walking into a gun fight with a Buck knife in her
hand. *At this point she can't even answer the slow-pitch softball
questions without getting muddled. *It's like listening to someone
trying to carry on a conversation using what she can find in a cheap
phrase-book.

I think that's an important point -- they were softball questions --
at least on the economy. It was like throwing the ball to a todler
who turns the wrong way to make the catch, except that it was not
cute.

She should also have been able to answer the question about McCain's
record of reforming Wall Street (assuming he had one -- his economic
advisor Phil Gramm prevented regulation of credit default swaps).
Instead, she said (IIRC) "he's the maveric, ya know" in that kind of
Fargo accent she has going. And then she said, "I'll get back to you
on that." I'll forgive her on foreign policy since I don't know the
names of most world leaders and would only fault McCain for chosing
her for VP when she has no foreign policy experience. But I do fault
her for not knowing something about the economy and why it is
important to bail out (in some way) the market. I also love the whole
bail out issue since it has the conservatives chasing their
philosophical tails. Too bad the price of admission is so high. --
Jay Beattie.
Old September 27th 08, 02:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

In article
,
Jay Beattie wrote:

On Sep 26, 12:44*pm, Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,

*SMS wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 25, 6:37 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Ron Ruff wrote:
[...]

While she appears to be utterly inept, the Republican Party for the past
28 years has profited enormously from not underestimating the stupidity
of the public. She may pull out a win for the Republicans yet.

I also love the whole bail out issue since it has the conservatives
chasing their philosophical tails. Too bad the price of admission is
so high.

Socializing capitalism is expensive. I feel sorry for the real
conservatives, this bull**** must be twisting them into knots. I know
that is the case for the conservatives among my friends and family-
they've been irate for years and feel betrayed by the Republican Party.
And I know how they feel, since the last actual liberal in Congress died
in 2002.
Old September 27th 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Michael Baldwin wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:

If all politicians running for office were truthful, most of
the current ones would not get elected, which would be
a very good thing for the country.

Well Tom that is one pov. I'd like to contrast that though with this.
What would be "a very good thing for the country" is a fully engaged
electorate.
While on opposite ends of the spectrum, you and I suffer equally as a
result of the truly uninformed, uninterested citizens who vote _solely_
on popular appeal.

Yes, the average USian makes about as rational decision when voting for
the executive or congresscritters as they do when texting in their votes
for contestants on a "reality TV" show.

“the bacteria people tuned in-as to bioengineering at the correct wave
Point” - gene daniels
Old September 27th 08, 03:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,
SMS wrote:

wrote:
On Sep 25, 6:37 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Ron Ruff wrote:
See if you can follow the logic...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npUMUASwaec
I wish for once a television interviewer would say "answer the
damn question!"
Don't you watch Chris Matthews? ABS

OMG she has no idea what she's saying. She's running all her talking
points together.

Over and above her lack of preparedness to serve as VP- or, if
necessary, as President- she also appears to have no skills in talking
to the media. She's trying to get the talking points down but at this
point she's still walking into a gun fight with a Buck knife in her
hand. At this point she can't even answer the slow-pitch softball
questions without getting muddled. It's like listening to someone
trying to carry on a conversation using what she can find in a cheap
phrase-book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4Z5Sll7uow

I would love to see Palin face questioners as relentless as British MP's
at the "Prime Minister's Questions" [1] session.

Actually, if we had such a system in the US, Reagan and Bush II would
never have served second terms, since Reagan ducked every serious
question with a quip, and Bush II's handlers have made sure he has never
had to face serious questioning.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister%27s_Questions

Old September 27th 08, 03:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Tim McNamara wrote:
In article
,
Jay Beattie wrote:

On Sep 26, 12:44 pm, Tim McNamara wrote:
In article ,

SMS wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 25, 6:37 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Ron Ruff wrote:
[...]

When people only care about the appearance of personality when they
vote, competence and stands on the issues do not matter; otherwise the
Republicans would never get elected on an agenda that benefits 1% of the
population at the expense of 95% of the population.

I also love the whole bail out issue since it has the conservatives
chasing their philosophical tails. Too bad the price of admission is
so high.

Socializing capitalism is expensive. I feel sorry for the real
conservatives, this bull**** must be twisting them into knots. I know
that is the case for the conservatives among my friends and family-
they've been irate for years and feel betrayed by the Republican Party.
And I know how they feel, since the last actual liberal in Congress died
in 2002.

Well, one of my Senators was endorsed by Molly Ivins as being "the only
member of Congress worth a damn", so he is all right by me (that and he
voted against the PATRIOT Act).

Old September 27th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Ron Ruff wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
This is very good sarcasm - if it had come from an unknown poster one
could have believed it was real opinion from someone who "drank the
Kool-Aid".

IMO he needs to do a little more research... much more vehement and
stupid ranting is necessary. We should be able to clearly visualize
his face turning red[...]

JFT might have similar problems turning red as he does white:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.tech/msg/144537ce8a63dc89?hl=en&dmode=source.

Old September 27th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

PatTX wrote:
LOL

By the way, what flavor was that Kool-Aid you drank?

What are you writing about?