Threadlocker for ISO discs

Old February 19th 05, 05:29 PM
CEarly

Default Threadlocker for ISO discs

Hope recommends using a threadlocker when mounting their rotors to ISO disc
hubs. Anyone know if Locktite 242 (blue) would be appropriate, or should I
try to find something weaker?

Thanks,

Cal

Old February 19th 05, 08:30 PM
Michael Dart

CEarly wrote:
Hope recommends using a threadlocker when mounting their rotors to
ISO disc hubs. Anyone know if Locktite 242 (blue) would be
appropriate, or should I try to find something weaker?

Thanks,

Cal

Unless the bolts come pre-locktighted (Hayes) I just use grease and torque
them to 55-inlbs. They hold tight and I never have trouble removing them
either. 242 works fine for small fasteners.

Mike