Line across bike path in Perth

Old October 13th 05, 01:56 AM
DeF

Default Line across bike path in Perth

Spouse caught something on the news last
night about some yobbos putting a line
across the bike path that runs along the
freeway here that offed a rider. Anyone
know more about this?

The dark ages cometh...

DeF.

--
e-mail:
To reply, you'll have to remove finger.
Old October 13th 05, 02:23 AM
Terry Collins

DeF wrote:
Spouse caught something on the news last
night about some yobbos putting a line
across the bike path that runs along the
freeway here that offed a rider. Anyone
know more about this?

The dark ages cometh...

naah, just some moron that watches one of theose pommy cop shows on the
ABC. they did the de-cap motor cyclists trick again on inspector barnaby
and thick-side-kick again.

It was funny actually because they played the scence about three times
and by then it was exceedingly clear that if was a fake head ontop of a
real head; very, very, deep shoulders.
Old October 13th 05, 02:40 AM
HellenWheels

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:56:48 +0800, DeF
wrote:

Spouse caught something on the news last
night about some yobbos putting a line
across the bike path that runs along the
freeway here that offed a rider. Anyone
know more about this?

The dark ages cometh...

DeF.

I am unable to parse your comment. Are you saying the report was that the
perps that ran over a rider put an arrow on the bike path pointing to the
spot in the road where the rider was run down? Or what?

-Wheels.

Old October 13th 05, 02:55 AM
HellenWheels

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:23:49 +1000, Terry Collins
wrote:

DeF wrote:
Spouse caught something on the news last
night about some yobbos putting a line
across the bike path that runs along the
freeway here that offed a rider. Anyone
know more about this?

The dark ages cometh...

naah, just some moron that watches one of theose pommy cop shows on the
ABC. they did the de-cap motor cyclists trick again on inspector barnaby
and thick-side-kick again.

It was funny actually because they played the scence about three times
and by then it was exceedingly clear that if was a fake head ontop of a
real head; very, very, deep shoulders.

Oh, a rope. (line). Got it.

-Wheels.

Old October 13th 05, 03:04 AM
SomeGuy

DeF Wrote:
Spouse caught something on the news last
night about some yobbos putting a line
across the bike path that runs along the
freeway here that offed a rider. Anyone
know more about this?

The dark ages cometh...

DeF.

--
e-mail:
To reply, you'll have to remove finger.

The same thing was done on a bike path just near my house. About a
foot off the ground so the cyclist who hit it came off his bike...
don't think his injuries were too bad. It's just a ****ing stupid thing
to do.

--
SomeGuy

Old October 13th 05, 03:13 AM
cfsmtb

SomeGuy Wrote:
The same thing was done on a bike path just near my house. About a foot
off the ground so the cyclist who hit it came off his bike... don't
think his injuries were too bad. It's just a ****ing stupid thing to
do.

Similar thing occured recently on the Upfield path here in Melbourne.
The authorities, local newspapers & council were contacted et al. The
fcuktards responsible should be strung up by their goolies. If they had
any fer starters...

--
cfsmtb

Old October 13th 05, 03:55 AM
DeF

wrote:

Spouse caught something on the news last
night about some yobbos putting a line
across the bike path that runs along the
freeway here that offed a rider. Anyone
know more about this?

The dark ages cometh...

DeF.

I am unable to parse your comment. Are you saying the report was that the
perps that ran over a rider put an arrow on the bike path pointing to the
spot in the road where the rider was run down? Or what?

-Wheels.

OK, so I'm not a humanities major...

The (garbled) story I got was that so youths put a rope
(or wire or twine or string or cable or...) across a
bike path in Perth somewhere. This caused a rider to come
of his/her bike. Said rider apparently noticed a car speed
off with 4(?) laughing yobbos in it. I have been unable to
find out any more about this story. Spouse now has reservations
about me heading out on my bike.

Hope this makes more sense....

Cheers,
DeF, BSc.

Old October 13th 05, 03:58 AM
HellenWheels

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:13:24 +1000, cfsmtb
wrote:

SomeGuy Wrote:
The same thing was done on a bike path just near my house. About a foot
off the ground so the cyclist who hit it came off his bike... don't
think his injuries were too bad. It's just a ****ing stupid thing to
do.

Similar thing occured recently on the Upfield path here in Melbourne.
The authorities, local newspapers & council were contacted et al. The
fcuktards responsible should be strung up by their goolies. If they had
any fer starters...

I had a guy go by and drag about 6 2" thick tree limbs out of the woods and
put them perpendicular across the bike path. He claimed his dog did it.

All because when I passed him on the first lap and his dog chased me, I
said 'Sir! Why is your dog chasing me?'. That's it.

Guy didn't realize how close he came to needing some serious rehab, since I
was much bigger than he was, weightlifter, jujitsu, and a few other martial
arts. Dumbass. I rode up to him and introduced myself and told him I worked
out at the local gym and asked him his name. He started stammering and
forgot who he was, lol. We parted "friends". I don't ride the bike trail
anymore...

-Wheels.

Old October 13th 05, 04:16 AM
HellenWheels

wrote:

[...]

Haha, yeah. Sorry, was partly just teasing, though couldn't figure out what
'line' was, but now I do. Hope it stops happening. Stay safe out there!

-Wheels.

Cheers,
DeF, BSc.

Old October 13th 05, 04:50 AM
DeF

wrote:

[...]

No problem - I'm just glad I didn't use the word
"guy" instead of "line", that could have lead to
all sorts of confusion...

DeF