Bicycle Carrier Lightboard

Old August 24th 10, 06:37 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.bicycle
Neville

Default Bicycle Carrier Lightboard

I've just bought a Rhino lightboard for my tow-ball mounted bike
carrier and have affixed my NSW bicycle number plate. Unfortunately
the side shining white lights do not light up the number plate much at
all (lightboard probably designed for full size plates). Is this going
to be a problem (the guy at the shop said no)? If so, has anyone else
found a solution (i.e. connecting up an extra light over the plate)?
Thanks.
Old August 24th 10, 07:43 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.bicycle
Scotty[_4_]

"Neville" wrote in message ...
: I've just bought a Rhino lightboard for my tow-ball mounted bike
: carrier and have affixed my NSW bicycle number plate. Unfortunately
: the side shining white lights do not light up the number plate much at
: all (lightboard probably designed for full size plates). Is this going
: to be a problem (the guy at the shop said no)? If so, has anyone else
: found a solution (i.e. connecting up an extra light over the plate)?
: Thanks.

Ebay for 300mm LED Strip light on Ebay, comes with self adhesive backing to stick on to top of
plate. Around $7-$10.
Wire to trailer plug via curly cord. Job done

Old August 24th 10, 08:02 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.bicycle
Neville

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:45:33 +1000, Toby wrote:

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:37:40 +1000, Neville posited in:

I've just bought a Rhino lightboard for my tow-ball mounted bike
carrier and have affixed my NSW bicycle number plate. Unfortunately
the side shining white lights do not light up the number plate much at
all (lightboard probably designed for full size plates). Is this going
to be a problem (the guy at the shop said no)? If so, has anyone else
found a solution (i.e. connecting up an extra light over the plate)?
Thanks.

WTF?
You've bought an 'approved' lightboard, a plate, and fitted both, right?.
This is NOT to assist recovery of a stolen vehicke, since the very first
thing the bad *******s would do it ditch that and the cycle off the side of
the road. Bikes come cheap to them - it's transport and thrills they're
after.
The lightboard is there to assist wallet rape of you, me'earty, and if you
think otherwise, you've been on another planet for a considerable period,
and just got back.

The 'required' attitude to GovCo interference in our everyday lives?
Easy.

****-em.

Thanks for your useful and considered reply.....
Old August 24th 10, 08:05 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.bicycle
Neville

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:43:44 +1000, " Scotty"
wrote:

"Neville" wrote in message ...
: I've just bought a Rhino lightboard for my tow-ball mounted bike
: carrier and have affixed my NSW bicycle number plate. Unfortunately
: the side shining white lights do not light up the number plate much at
: all (lightboard probably designed for full size plates). Is this going
: to be a problem (the guy at the shop said no)? If so, has anyone else
: found a solution (i.e. connecting up an extra light over the plate)?
: Thanks.

Ebay for 300mm LED Strip light on Ebay, comes with self adhesive backing to stick on to top of
plate. Around $7-$10.
Wire to trailer plug via curly cord. Job done

Thanks. I'm no electrician though. Easy wiring job for a friend who
knows what they're doing?
Old August 24th 10, 08:10 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.bicycle
Scotty[_4_]

"Neville" wrote in message ...
: On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:43:44 +1000, " Scotty"
: wrote:
:
:
: "Neville" wrote in message
: : I've just bought a Rhino lightboard for my tow-ball mounted bike
: : carrier and have affixed my NSW bicycle number plate. Unfortunately
: : the side shining white lights do not light up the number plate much at
: : all (lightboard probably designed for full size plates). Is this going
: : to be a problem (the guy at the shop said no)? If so, has anyone else
: : found a solution (i.e. connecting up an extra light over the plate)?
: : Thanks.
:
: Ebay for 300mm LED Strip light on Ebay, comes with self adhesive backing to stick on to top of
: plate. Around $7-$10.
: Wire to trailer plug via curly cord. Job done
:
: Thanks. I'm no electrician though. Easy wiring job for a friend who
: knows what they're doing?

very easy. Total cost around $20 if your cars wired for trailer plug already,which having a tow bar
should do.

Old August 24th 10, 08:42 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.bicycle
Neville

wrote:

Ebay for 300mm LED Strip light on Ebay, comes with self adhesive backing to stick on to top of
plate. Around $7-$10.
Wire to trailer plug via curly cord. Job done

Plenty of licence plate lights on eBay Australia but can't immediately
find one as mentioned.
Old August 24th 10, 08:44 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.bicycle
Neville

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:14:27 +1000, Toby wrote:

Think nothing of it.

I won't.....
Old August 24th 10, 09:08 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.bicycle
Tomasso[_6_]

Toby wrote:
On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:02:10 +1000, Neville posited in:

[...]

Think nothing of it..

IQ of a troll...
Old August 24th 10, 10:57 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.bicycle
Scotty[_4_]

: wrote:
:
: Ebay for 300mm LED Strip light on Ebay, comes with self adhesive backing to stick on to top of
: plate. Around $7-$10.
: Wire to trailer plug via curly cord. Job done
:
: Plenty of licence plate lights on eBay Australia but can't immediately
: find one as mentioned.
:

Its not a specific licence plate light its a plain LED strip light.