Invisible Cyclists in Solstice Dark

Old January 10th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Invisible Cyclists in Solstice Dark

"The Wogster" wrote in message
.. .
SMS wrote:

[...]
The real question is, should we legislate against stupidity?

That sounds cute, but yes, in some cases we should because it does have a
big effect in many instances. In the case of helmets, I would not
characterize the people that choose to not always wear a helmet as
stupid.

Which means that bicycle helmet use should not be compulsory by law, case
closed.

Newsgroups modified.

People who choose not to wear a helmet are not necessarily stupid, but they
are ignorant because of the kind of discussions that take place on
newsgroups like this. They get led astray like poor little lambs who have
lost their way.

Because of the general prevailing ignorance and stupidity, it is quite
necessary to have laws that require cyclists to wear helmets just as it is
necessary to have a million and one other laws for every purpose under the
sun. It is for our own protection and safety. That is one of the main
purposes of law - to protect us from ourselves. Only a libertarian nut case
would think otherwise.

There is no one more dangerous than these know it alls who cannot tell junk
science from the real thing. They are like folks who believe in flying
saucers and astrology. Nut cases pure and simple. Case closed.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old January 10th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
snip

People who choose not to wear a helmet are not necessarily stupid,

snip

But would it be fair to say this could possibly lead to a condition not
unlike stupidity?

Invisible Cyclists in Solstice Dark Elisa Francesca Roselli UK 787 January 31st 06 08:42 AM
Invisible Cyclists in Solstice Dark Elisa Francesca Roselli General 766 January 31st 06 12:31 AM
Invisible Cyclists in Solstice Dark Edward Dolan Recumbent Biking 2 January 16th 06 03:44 AM
Gobsmacked wafflycat UK 63 January 4th 06 06:50 PM
fined for cycling on the pavement Ben Fitzgerald UK 163 November 15th 05 10:05 AM