Memories + photo of the 2006 Lifestyle of the rich and famous 24h race

Old May 22nd 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Memories + photo of the 2006 Lifestyle of the rich and famous 24h race

Hey guys !

The 2006 Lifestyle of the rich and famous 24h race was awesome ! I
loved it ! The bikers were nice to us and there was really good
organization. There was even a unicycle in the prize that the
organizers gave at the end !

We were 8 unicyclists that did the race: Vincent Lemay, Owen Kirby,
Julien Renaud, Brian Mackenzie, Jason Mackenzie, Tim Morin, Shamus
Rask, Joel Burgess. Jeff Groves was also there but he didnt race and
Carl Hoyer was on a bike team.
The trail was 12.64 km which was pretty long for me since Im not a muni
rider.

Here is the highlights ( feel free to had the ones that I miss)

- Vincent Lemay beating Kris Holm's record with a lap of 1h00 and 47
seconds

- Owen Kirby's 2 night laps in a row ( He did those 2 in 5 or 6 hours I
think )

- Owen vomiting after his first lap ( )

- Me passing a biker

A little mag light is really not good for night laps ( see picture in
my gallery ) but it makes it funny and look cool.

I know that my pics are crappy but thats all I got (I hope someone has
better pic than me )

'here is the link to my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/rnmff)

If someone could find and post the official results that would be
good.

Btw, I found a little red light that flash so if one you guy has lost
one just pm me.

I hope that I could make it next years !

Thanks

--
kapoute

Sorry, I don't speak english !

Julien Renaud
kapoute's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8060

Old May 22nd 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Hi Julien. I'm trying to look at the pics, but nothing is there.
There's only 2 or 3 pics that I can see.

--
Tim Morin
Tim Morin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11002

Old May 22nd 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

wtf?? There is like 60 pics

Does anybody have that same problem?

I'll see what I can do...

--
kapoute

I don't really speak english

Old May 23rd 06, 09:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I can see all the photos, Tim M if you can see captions but no photos
you might need to change your security settings.

Well done to all the competitors, 24 hour racing looks like lots of
fun, one of my uni-goals is to compete in one next year.

I can't believe you rode a night lap with just a teeny maglite for a
light! It does look good taped to your helmet though, very
professional!

--
domesticated ape

i like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes
domesticated ape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8599

Old May 23rd 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

those are great pics julien.

word!

--
Brian MacKenzie

DVD now available: 'Training Wheel Not Required'
(http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR_uniTV.wmv) | 'Inner Balance
Blog' (http://innerbalancemovie.blogspot.com)
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

Old May 23rd 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

thanks but

WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS SAYING WORD?

mot.

Old May 23rd 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

kapoute wrote:
mot.

Hahaha! that made me laugh!

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF

koebwil wrote:
I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
letters I don't want

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

Old May 24th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Sounds and looks like you had a great ride.
Sorry I was unable to make it.

Adam

--
JustOneWheel

There is no better way to have Fun and Exercise. "UNICYCLE"
Every one should have "FUN ON ONE"
JustOneWheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9237

Old May 25th 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Awww, now I'm really sorry I missed it :'(

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692

Old May 28th 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

they have started posting up pics at www.wowmtb.com

owen: http://tinyurl.com/rj5s7

joel: http://tinyurl.com/ep339

tim: http://tinyurl.com/lrh4h