South London Cycling Group??

Old January 29th 05, 04:48 PM
ok

Default South London Cycling Group??

Hi,
I'm finding it difficult finding the sort of cycling group I would
like to join. Perhaps someone knows of one?
All the ones I can find on line look very hard core and train very
early on Sunday mornings or appear to be rather competitive.
Other groups I see cycling round Richmond Park at a time I consider
reasonable appear to be active retired groups. Is there anything in
the Putney/Richmond/Wimbledon for people who are reasonably fit who
between 25-40ish age group and would like to go out at a reasonable
time?

Otherwise if anyone would like to join me drop me an email.

Old January 29th 05, 05:04 PM
mewthree

"ok" wrote in message
om...
Hi,
I'm finding it difficult finding the sort of cycling group I would
like to join. Perhaps someone knows of one?
All the ones I can find on line look very hard core and train very
early on Sunday mornings or appear to be rather competitive.
Other groups I see cycling round Richmond Park at a time I consider
reasonable appear to be active retired groups. Is there anything in
the Putney/Richmond/Wimbledon for people who are reasonably fit who
between 25-40ish age group and would like to go out at a reasonable
time?

Otherwise if anyone would like to join me drop me an email.

as some one that cycles on a sunday the only advice i can give you is don't
let the time put you off, as early is the only option at this time of the
year.

Old January 29th 05, 05:19 PM
ok

Yeah but then I'd have to give up my nights out.

Old January 29th 05, 05:31 PM
Ningi

mewthree wrote:
"ok" wrote in message
om...

Hi,
I'm finding it difficult finding the sort of cycling group I would
like to join. Perhaps someone knows of one?
All the ones I can find on line look very hard core and train very
early on Sunday mornings or appear to be rather competitive.
Other groups I see cycling round Richmond Park at a time I consider
reasonable appear to be active retired groups. Is there anything in
the Putney/Richmond/Wimbledon for people who are reasonably fit who
between 25-40ish age group and would like to go out at a reasonable
time?

Otherwise if anyone would like to join me drop me an email.

as some one that cycles on a sunday the only advice i can give you is don't
let the time put you off, as early is the only option at this time of the
year.

Why is it the only option? Personally, I'd much rather start at 11am
rather than the 7.30 - 9 that many clubs start at.

Pete
Old January 29th 05, 06:09 PM
ok

Sounds like there's a gap in the market so to speak which is a shame.
If anyone wants to cycle at a reasonable time at weekends starting from
Wimbledon drop me an email.

Otherwise let me know of any non family groups that start around 11-12
in SW London.

Old January 29th 05, 06:26 PM
mewthree

"Ningi" wrote in message
k...
mewthree wrote:
"ok" wrote in message
[...]

my club starts at 09.30hrs, but they normaly start at 10.30hrs. when cycling
around 40-50 miles with stops for lunch and waiting for people being late
and people like me catching up during the ride, the earlier the start the
better.

Old January 29th 05, 11:08 PM
Vivian

Go to the LCC website - http://www.lcc.org.uk/ and look in your borough.
There are lots of cycling groups in South London.

--
Vivian
-------

Old January 30th 05, 11:57 AM
Vivian

Click on this link.

http://www.richmondlcc.co.uk/

Vivian
-------

Old January 30th 05, 02:45 PM
Ningi

Vivian wrote:
Click on this link.

http://www.richmondlcc.co.uk/

No mention anywhere on this website about cycling groups, or am I
missing something?

Pete

lake cycling sandals stockist in London Dulwich Cyclist UK 6 August 27th 04 12:49 PM
UK- London + south east muni ride this Sunday (15th August) joemarshall Unicycling 20 August 16th 04 08:28 PM
Age doesn't stop 70-somethings who are cycling devotees Garrison Hilliard Techniques 25 March 25th 04 02:37 AM
london cheap cycling gear lonnyz UK 2 December 8th 03 10:47 AM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM