Melbourne Summer Cycle - MS fundraiser

Old February 14th 08, 01:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
tim

Default Melbourne Summer Cycle - MS fundraiser

Anybody doing the MSC next weekend (24 February '08)?

40km from Alexandra Gardens (Southbank-ish) to Carlton, via the
Westgate Bridge and Williamstown.

For those taking part - I offer my services as a domestique, beast of
burden and sucker.

I'll be doing the ride on my cargo bike (http://
www.cargocycles.com.au).
If you sponsor me, I'll carry your stuff for you (http://
register.melbournesummercycle.org.au/?timpaton).

Can you carry an esky on your bike?
If not, how do you intend to keep your icey cold beverages icey cold
until you need them?

tim
who will be carrying an esky...
Old February 14th 08, 05:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
PeteSig[_2_]

"tim" wrote:
Can you carry an esky on your bike?

No. Well, not a full sized one, but a little 6-can faomie is possible.

If not, how do you intend to keep your icey cold beverages icey cold
until you need them?

Ortliebs, filled with ice, of course!

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old February 14th 08, 04:58 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Skewer[_2_]

tim wrote:
Anybody doing the MSC next weekend (24 February '08)?

40km from Alexandra Gardens (Southbank-ish) to Carlton, via the
Westgate Bridge and Williamstown.

For those taking part - I offer my services as a domestique, beast of
burden and sucker.

I'll be doing the ride on my cargo bike (http://
www.cargocycles.com.au).
If you sponsor me, I'll carry your stuff for you (http://
register.melbournesummercycle.org.au/?timpaton).

Can you carry an esky on your bike?
If not, how do you intend to keep your icey cold beverages icey cold
until you need them?

tim
who will be carrying an esky...

See you on the course Tim.

I'll be the marshal with an Xtracycle longbike (+ esky) somewhere around
the Flemington area.
Have a great ride.

--
Pete.B
Old February 15th 08, 01:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_613_]

'www.cargocycles.com.au' (http://www.cargocycles.com.au)).
If you sponsor me, I'll carry your stuff for you (http://
register.melbournesummercycle.org.au/?timpaton).

Can you carry an esky on your bike?
If not, how do you intend to keep your icey cold beverages icey cold
until you need them?

tim
who will be carrying an esky...*Shameless plug* *Shameless plug*

Join Tim's team at this here linkie:
http://register.melbournesummercycle...m+Captain+Bike
Our team: Team Captain Bike is named in honour the memory of the
wonderful Sheldon Brown who passed on Feb 3 2008.

Sheldon was diagnosed with MS in August 2005.

We salute his massive contribution towards cycling knowledge and
expertise.

--
cfsmtb