Can't We All Just Get Along?

Old November 7th 14, 08:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Can't We All Just Get Along?

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

Edward Dolan wrote:

I have given you dozens of reasons why bikes don't belong on
hiking trails in the course of our correspondence.

And I've disposed of them all as the ramblings of an illogical and irrational fool.

Only in your own mind. All serious hikers will agree with what I have posted.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain biking!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old November 10th 14, 04:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

I have given you dozens of reasons why bikes don't belong on
hiking trails in the course of our correspondence.

And I've disposed of them all as the ramblings of an illogical and

irrational fool.

Only in your own mind. All serious hikers will agree with what
I have posted.

Well, I'm happy for these interactions to be publicly available and for the general population to decide.

I don't expect, any longer, to be able to have a rational conversation with you because you simply lack the intellectual firepower to participate cogently.

Old November 12th 14, 02:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
KoncussionKid

On Sunday, September 21, 2014 6:36:06 PM UTC-4, Edward Dolan wrote:
Blackblade and other idiots like him think trails can be shared. Yea, we
can all be just one happy family enjoying what nature has to offer, no matter
our mode of transport. Hells Bells, we can't even share what is so easily
available in the cities - roads and streets galore. Read the latest example of
what happens when barbarians like Blackblade just wants to do what he wants to
do. If you want to live in civilized society enjoying the good life, not
everyone can do whatever he wants to do. Elementary my dear Watson!

From: gwyn wahlmann

Subject: regarding Multi-Use Trails

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 23:50:34 -0500

From the 700+ comment section following today's NYTimes article,

"Death on a Bike," I started a collection of complaints regarding
bike/pedestrian sharing, but there were far too many to

continue. Suffice it to say, bikes and pedestrians are not a good
mix on the streets, so why would they be on trails? Here are a few

comments.......
A. Stanton

Dallas, TX 5 hours ago
And then there's the other side of the story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/20/ny...tical-conditio..

Uniack

Woodside, NY 5 hours ago

Today a woman was mowed down by a bicyclist on a racing bike, riding
at excessive speed in an urban setting and not on a bike path. So
what's your point?

I don't recall a case where a pedestrian was responsible for injury
or death because they ran into a bike or auto.

Anyone who has been hit by a careless cycler, as I have been, would
be more sympathetic if there were strict regulations strictly
enforced for both drivers and riders.

ellieny

is a trusted commenter New York 2 hours ago

And what about people who walk? RIding a bike to work may be
hip/cool/sexy, but some people enjoy just walking. Some enjoy it so
much they don't even own bikes or cars.

Crashes like the one described in this article happen all the time in
New York City, but here it's not just bikers being hit. It's also
pedestrians (being hit by both cars and bikes), and I believe walker
fatalities exceed biker fatalities. Just yesterday the wife of CBS
executive was mowed down by a biker while she was walking through
Central Park on a nice fall day. She sustained massive head injuries
and is now on life support at NY Pres-Weill Cornell.

CMK

Honolulu 2 hours ago
I drive, motorcycle, bicycle and walk. I always believed that
separating pedestrians for motor traffic was a good idea. Then I was
mowed down by a bike and I thought, we have to separate cars and
bikes and pedestrians. Lately, I have also been sharing the sidewalks
with segues and electric scooters. I don't know what the solutions
a laws, zones, use schedules, permits, physical barriers? Don't
get me started on ocean activities: boating, sailing, swimming,
diving, fishing, surfing. We should be assured that doing a legal
activity is reasonably safe.

Maurice

New York, N.Y. 4 hours ago

The situation in Central Park is appalling. There is no policing in
the roadways or elsewhere. Cyclists (and others---I almost got
impacted by a skate boarder this afternoon) ignore red lights and
instead the pedestrian is cautioned to look both ways before crossing
even when he has the right of way with a green light.Everyone ignores

the nice neat signs saying "no bike riding on paths" and there is no
one to enforce it. Try riding between 59th St and 72nd street. And
woe to the early morning walker or leisure biker when the Tour de
France hopefuls are practicing.

The Police Department abandoned its enforcement to the Parks
Department which, I suppose, abandoned it in turn to the Central Park
Conservancy which appears to run the park and state what you can and cannot
do.

Sydney

Tucson, AZ 6 hours ago

Unfortunately, cyclists are often as cavalier about the safety of
pedestrians as motorists are of theirs. Might makes right, I guess.

Surgres
New York 6 hours ago

Today in NYC a cyclist hit a pedestrian and caused her to suffer
brain death. The accident happened in Central Park and the cyclist
was going at a high speed, in the wrong lane, on a high-end racing
bike. Cyclists have no right to speed or to disobey traffic laws, and
yet they do. We cannot discuss safety unless cyclists take greater
responsibility. Pedestrians must always be the top priority!

sad taxpayer
NY, NY 7 hours ago

Westchester has a wonderful north south bike path. Guess what? Bike
riders refuse to use it, opting for narrow adjecent two-lines roads
full of cars. There reason? The bike path is also used by slow riding
children and adult walkers. The size and speed difference between
those two groups pales when bike riders are compared with truck and
cars, yet the bike paths are underused while the Westchester
bicyclists crowd the cars and trucks on the roads.

Just a thought

New York 7 hours ago

I've never been hit by a car; been hit 3 times by a bike. Let's talk
reality.

Shall we hear a NYT story of the brain-dead woman hit by a speeding
cyclist in Central Park yesterday?
Pedestrians need protection from rogue cyclists as much as from

speeding drivers.

bignybugs

new york 7 hours ago

and when on your bike, whizzing along, the wind in your face, don't
forget that there are people even more vulnerable than you a pedestrians

Sandra

Portland 7 hours ago

Yesterday, a woman in New York was struck by a fast-moving bicyclist
and now is in critical condition. Yes, drivers need to be careful,
but so do bicyclists. My city is as bike crazy as Seattle (maybe
more), and at any given moment you can see bikes flying through red
lights or edging pedestrians off walking paths. Rarely are they

ticketed by police. I drive, I bike and I walk; all three have their

own share of danger. Perhaps the best place to start is by agreeing

to be civil to each other and accepting that the rules of the road,

including traffic signals and stop signs, apply to all of us.

J Nuccio

Oregon 7 hours ago

I was recently in the Netherlands and what they also have is
designated bike paths - not part of a road to share - but separate
paved paths. Often they share the sidewalks with pedestrians but I
did notice that bikes rule! I have been hit by a car - at a low speed

- so all I suffered was a broken thumb. But I have not felt confident

since and do not bike much in traffic now. I would like to see in the

US is the same types of bike paths as are available in the
Netherlands.

Recommend

NYT Pick

stephanie

ny, ny 6 hours ago

For good or ill, we are not the Netherlands. And thanks, but no
thanks; the last thing a walking city like NY needs is bikes on the
sidewalks. Dealing with other pedestrians is dangerous enough.

I think the entire notion of attempting to turn NYC into a small
European town (Yes, Mr. Bloomberg, this one's for you) is ludicrous--
and encouraging more cyclists to place themselves and pedestrians in

peril, unconscionable.

10Recommended

Janice

NYC 2 hours ago

I agree wholeheartedly with stephanie. The thing I always disliked
about Amsterdam was dealing with trying to cross the street with
cars, trucks, trolleys and bikes all whizzing along. There were

always intersections in Amsterdam where I had to wait for a native to
come along so I could accompany them across the street since I
couldn't figure out how to get safely across! It was always so great
to come home to New York where there were no bikes and crossing the
street was straightforward and simple. That's all gone now

I really dislike what has happened with the advent of the Bloomberg
bike lanes. Traveling in New York City has become a nightmare since
all of the bike lanes have been put in. There has been no major
increase in the availability of public transportation to offset the
loss of road space so traffic is always a problem now over much of
the city. There has been no serious or effective attempt to educate
or regulate cyclists. Crossing the street is harder with bikes riding
in the wrong direction, on sidewalks, too fast or not stopping when
they should. I wish a mayor would come along with the chutzpah to get
rid of all the bike lanes and the Citibikes and return the streets
back to normal.

1Recommend

Casual Observer

Los Angeles 6 hours ago

gonealgo,

How many of your bicycle riding acquaintances understand how much
damage they can cause to a pedestrian in a collision -- that
pedestrians have been maimed and killed by collisions with bicycle
riders? How many understand that if a bicycle rider is moving at the
same speed as an automobile following right behind it and they both
must stop that the bicycle will stop in a far shorter distance than the
auto?

SY

NYC 8 hours ago

Any death is a cause for sadness, and the death of this young woman
cyclist means great loss for friends and family. But as a non biking
pedestrian in the city, and a man of a certain age, one who uses a
cane for long walks, I find that the cyclists have added a new, great
hazard to those of us who still use our legs to get around in this
city. I have seen them riding facing traffic instead of with the
flow, and every day there is at lead one adult cyclist who is
blithely riding on the sidewalk. Licensing and policing are needed -
for the good of the pedestrians and for the cyclists themselves.

Tony

New York 8 hours ago

Didn't a cyclist run into and kill a pedestrian in Central Park just
this week? It's not just cyclists vs. motorized vehicles, it's
cyclists vs. pedestrians.

5Recommended

DSM

Westfield 9 hours ago

Although the writer notes how arrogant and reckless he finds
bicyclists when he is driving a car, he ignores the far more
important issue--bicyclists routinely injure or kill pedestrians by
speeding down streets the wrong way; racing up behind pedestrians
then colliding with those who step to the side to avoid a puddle, not
knowing the bicyclist is there; jumping on and off sidewalks; etc.
Alec Baldwin is the only bicyclist I have ever seen or read of
getting ticketed for such behavior.

George

NYC 10 hours ago

At my age of 82, I do not ride a bike. Nor do I drive. But I walk a
lot. I find bicycles are far more dangerous in New York City than any
other vehicle. Too many speedy delivery men on bicycles, who, after
an accident, claim they speak no English. Too many bicyclists on the
sidewalks, who would rather endanger pedestrians than submit to
danger themselves on the streets . Bicyclists should be licensed with
small plates visible on their bikes. And traffic laws enforced,
especially after an accident.

richard kopperdahl

new york city 15 hours ago

I haven't seen as many white memorial bikes in town since the
proliferation of bike lanes. I'm and old guy and I have more close
encounters on the streets and sidewalks with bikes than I do with
autos. They often go the wrong way on bike lanes, they don't respect
red lights and although there are periodic crackdowns on wayward and
criminal bike riders, they're soon back to their free-weeling ways.

A woman was struck yesterday by a $4,000 racing bike in Central Park.

The bike rider was speeding in a car lane and yelled for the woman to
get out of the way before he struck her. She is "brain dead"
according to a New York Post report.

12Recommend

TheOwl

New England 15 hours ago

Interesting story in the papers today of the mindless cyclist hitting

a pedestrian in a crosswalk and rendering her brain dead.

Cyclist was speeding and not in the bike lane. His only apparent
effort to avoid the accident was to shout "get out of the way".

Mr. Egan's zeal to defend the cyclists seems to run headlong into an
agument that suggests that cyclists need to be considerate of the
rights of those who use more conventional modes of
transportation...like their feet ! ! !

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by
hikers - unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like
everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when
they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to
mountain biking!

"Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground."

~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),

from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.
Trails are for walking. What's the matter? Can't walk?

Ed Dolan the Great

aka

Saint Edward the Great

Well, it's my first time posting here. As a mtn biker in New England,
I belong to HEMBA (New England Mtn Bike Assn). It sponsors a Bike
Patrol that receives first aid training (ARC certified). Each patroller
carries first aid AND a desire to maintain some level of civility
and courtesy on the trails.

I believe about ten or more years ago that Curtis Sliwa formed a
citizen's group to fight crime. I do not have all the details, of
its success so please don't pounce.

Mtn bikers often ride with mini-cams. Why not consider a group of riders
who carry personal mini-cams? I'm sure one lawyer in NYC and elsewhere
would probably appreciate some audio/video evidence. :-)

Just my two cents ... most likely won't reply for a few weeks
too much anger here ....
Old November 14th 14, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

I have given you dozens of reasons why bikes don't belong on
hiking trails in the course of our correspondence.

And I've disposed of them all as the ramblings of an illogical and

irrational fool.

Only in your own mind. All serious hikers will agree with what
I have posted.

Well, I'm happy for these interactions to be publicly available and for the general population to decide.

Hell yes! Me too!

I don't expect, any longer, to be able to have a rational conversation with you because you simply lack the intellectual firepower to participate cogently.

You have not been rational from day one as far as I am concerned. But more than that, you are evil – a real scumbag like all your tribe.

From: gwyn wahlmann

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 23:50:34 -0500

From the 700+ comment section following today's NYTimes article,

"Death on a Bike," I started a collection of complaints regarding
bike/pedestrian sharing, but there were far too many to

continue. Suffice it to say, bikes and pedestrians are not a good
mix on the streets, so why would they be on trails? Here are a few

comments.......

I also could be posting thousands of articles about how bikers are ruinning wilderness trails for hikers, but they all tend to have a sameness about them just like your list of comments.about urban conflicts. A scoundrel like Blackblade does not care for true life stories or comments from pedestrians. He prefers to put his faith in meaningless numbers. That is because he is a lout and does not care about how he effects others.

[...]

Well, it's my first time posting here. As a mtn biker in New England,

I belong to HEMBA (New England Mtn Bike Assn). It sponsors a Bike
Patrol that receives first aid training (ARC certified). Each patroller
carries first aid AND a desire to maintain some level of civility
and courtesy on the trails.

No matter how civil and courteous you are on a trail, you do not belong there unless you are walking. Hikers resent the hell out of you for being there on a bike.

The only anger here is occasioned by the world’s number one Asshole who goes by the moniker of Blackblade.This jackass is from England which right there ****es me off. I don’t think they have any true wilderness there except maybe in the outer reaches of Scotland.

Old November 14th 14, 06:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

I have given you dozens of reasons why bikes don't belong on
hiking trails in the course of our correspondence.

And I've disposed of them all as the ramblings of an

illogical and
irrational fool.

Only in your own mind. All serious hikers will agree with what
I have posted.

Well, I'm happy for these interactions to be publicly

available and for the general population to decide.

Hell yes! Me too!

I don't expect, any longer, to be able to have a rational

conversation with you because you simply lack the intellectual firepower to
participate cogently.

You have not been rational from day one as far as I am
concerned.

You appreciation of what is rational is rather suspect. You admit that the presence of a bike causes you 'Mental Torture' and you claim to know an awful lot of things which you don't.

But more than that, you are evil - a real scumbag like all your
tribe.

You're entitled to your view. Personally, I think it's the other way around. As a biker AND hiker, I'm completely fine with reaching a sensible accomodation. I don't expect to be able to ride every trail, I accept that there need to be spaces for quiet contemplation and that we all have to ensure that we don't destroy the thing we love for future generations. However, where we part company is that, unlike you, I don't for a second believe that my wants automatically trump everyone else's. You, on the other hand, are adamant that you won't share with anyone and that, despite evidence to the contrary, you are simply 'right' ... axiomatically.

I think that makes you the selfish, unreasonable, irrational and hubristic individual.

But, hey, it's all down in black and white for others to judge for themselves.
Old November 14th 14, 06:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

I also could be posting thousands of articles about

how bikers are ruinning wilderness trails for hikers, but they all tend to have
a sameness about them just like your list of comments.about urban conflicts. A
scoundrel like Blackblade does not care for true life stories or comments from
pedestrians. He prefers to put his faith in meaningless numbers. That is because
he is a lout and does not care about how he effects others.

No, Ed, you can't post thousands of articles or even complaints; I challenged you on this a while ago and you failed. You claimed that, in Marin, there were thousands of reports of conflict between bikers an hikers. Funnily enough, when it came down to it there were a small handful.

I'm fine with stories and comments but, unless you put them into context, they are worthless. If one person in a thousand feels something do they get to dictate to the other nine hundred and ninety nine ? That's not right.

I have said, repeatedly, that I will compromise precisely because I do care about others. You, on the other hand, would happily disenfranchise all mountainbikers ... so who is the selfish individual who doesn't care about their effect on others. Shame on you.

Well, it's my first time posting here. As a mtn biker in New

England,
I belong to HEMBA (New England Mtn Bike Assn). It sponsors a Bike
Patrol that receives first aid training (ARC certified). Each
patroller
carries first aid AND a desire to maintain some level of civility
and courtesy on the trails.

No matter how civil and courteous you are on a trail,

you do not belong there unless you are walking. Hikers resent the hell out of
you for being there on a bike.

What Ed means is that HE resents the hell out of you for being there on a bike. Most hikers don't care at all as long as you are courteous and don't inconvenience them. Ed considers the mere presence of a bike as "Mental Torture" ... so you're not going to get a proportionate response from him.

I believe about ten or more years ago that Curtis Sliwa formed a

citizen's group to fight crime. I do not have all the details, of
its success so please don't pounce.
Mtn bikers often ride with mini-cams. Why not consider a group of

riders
who carry personal mini-cams? I'm sure one lawyer in NYC and
elsewhere
would probably appreciate some audio/video evidence. :-)

Just my two cents ... most likely won't reply for a few weeks

too much anger here ....

The only anger here is occasioned by the world's

number one Asshole who goes by the moniker of Blackblade.

Ah, Ed, increasingly choleric. I had no idea I was able to engender such a reaction simply by sticking to facts and logic.

This jackass is from
England which right there ****es me off. I don't think they have any true
wilderness there except maybe in the outer reaches of Scotland.

Ah, Ed, again with the flawed thinking. Rather than just spouting why don't you actually bother to check first ? Then you wouldn't look like an idiot. There are many national parks in the UK.

Interestingly, in one sense you are right in that Scotland has the most acreage of such parks ... and they are probably more untramelled too. However, Scotland also has 'Right to Roam' legislation which means you can hike and ride it all too.
Old November 26th 14, 12:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Edward Dolan wrote:

You have not been rational from day one as far as I am
concerned.

You appreciation of what is rational is rather suspect. You admit that the presence of a bike causes you 'Mental Torture' and you claim to know an awful lot of things which you don't.

I know what I know and the main thing I know is that you are an Asshole!

But more than that, you are evil - a real scumbag like all your
tribe.

You're entitled to your view. Personally, I think it's the other way around. As a biker AND hiker, I'm completely fine with reaching a sensible accomodation. I don't expect to be able to ride every trail, I accept that there need to be spaces for quiet contemplation and that we all have to ensure that we don't destroy the thing we love for future generations. However, where we part company is that, unlike you, I don't for a second believe that my wants automatically trump everyone else's. You, on the other hand, are adamant that you won't share with anyone and that, despite evidence to the contrary, you are simply 'right' ... axiomatically.

Get your own god damn ****ing trails. We hikers do not want you on OUR trails.

I think that makes you the selfish, unreasonable, irrational and hubristic individual.

Nope, as always, you are only describing yourself.

But, hey, it's all down in black and white for others to judge for themselves.

I too will leave it for others to decide for themselves.

Old November 26th 14, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Edward Dolan wrote:

I also could be posting thousands of articles about

how bikers are ruining wilderness trails for hikers, but they all tend to have

I have got better things to do with my time than to post thousands of media reports on how mountain bikers manage to kill themselves. **** the whole tribe!

Media reports give the whole context. It is your data that is ****ed.

I have said, repeatedly, that I will compromise precisely because I do care about others. You, on the other hand, would happily disenfranchise all mountainbikers ... so who is the selfish individual who doesn't care about their effect on others. Shame on you.

Nope, shame on you for not acknowledging that irreconcilable conflicts exist on how bikers use trails as opposed to how hikers use trails. Hikers are unable to use trails which bikers are using. I ask you, who is being selfish? We cannot share what can‘t be shared. I charge you with being a criminal aggressor. You and your ilk are destroying what has been a haven for sensitive souls seeking a haven from the the ills of civilization. Walking a trail is good for the soul, something you apparently know nothing about.

Well, it's my first time posting here. As a mtn biker in New

England,
I belong to HEMBA (New England Mtn Bike Assn). It sponsors a Bike
Patrol that receives first aid training (ARC certified). Each
patroller
carries first aid AND a desire to maintain some level of civility
and courtesy on the trails.

No matter how civil and courteous you are on a trail,

you do not belong there unless you are walking. Hikers resent the hell out of
you for being there on a bike.

What Ed means is that HE resents the hell out of you for being there on a bike. Most hikers don't care at all as long as you are courteous and don't inconvenience them. Ed considers the mere presence of a bike as "Mental Torture" ... so you're not going to get a proportionate response from him.

Here is a mountain biker at his most heinous. He knows nothing of what a trail is for. In truth, he is a barbarian.

I believe about ten or more years ago that Curtis Sliwa formed a

citizen's group to fight crime. I do not have all the details, of
its success so please don't pounce.
Mtn bikers often ride with mini-cams. Why not consider a group of

riders
who carry personal mini-cams? I'm sure one lawyer in NYC and
elsewhere
would probably appreciate some audio/video evidence. :-)

Just my two cents ... most likely won't reply for a few weeks

too much anger here ....

The only anger here is occasioned by the world's

number one Asshole who goes by the moniker of Blackblade.

Ah, Ed, increasingly choleric. I had no idea I was able to engender such a reaction simply by sticking to facts and logic.

All the facts and logic are on my side. A hiking trail is a narrow winding path and there is no way it can be shared with bikers. I charge Blackblade with being nothing but a criminal trespasser.

This jackass is from
England which right there ****es me off. I don't think they have any true
wilderness there except maybe in the outer reaches of Scotland.

Ah, Ed, again with the flawed thinking. Rather than just spouting why don't you actually bother to check first ? Then you wouldn't look like an idiot. There are many national parks in the UK.

Yes, national parks that are like state parks here in the US.

London dominates all of England and Scotland too. It is like a cancer on the face of the UK. If I were an Englishman like Blackblade I would go to the Hebrides like Mendelssohn to get away from ****ing humanity as much as possible. But Blackblade is a ****ing mountain biker and he likes nothing better than to destroy trails for hikers.

Old November 27th 14, 12:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

[...]

And, likewise, I have much better things to do than post the more than three times as many incidents describing how hikers expire.

So, let's get to a summary of the overall situation shall we ... which is that both activities are relatively safe when compared with things like rugby, skiing, football, driving, road cycling etc etc etc.

However, more pertinently, you are again attempting to change the subject. You were discussing reports of complaints about mountainbikers from hikers. I don't think you have too many of those ... so it should be easy to find them.

I'm fine with stories and comments but, unless you put them into

context, they are worthless. If one person in a thousand feels something
do they get to dictate to the other nine hundred and ninety nine ? That's
not right.

Media reports give the whole context. It is your data that is
****ed.

Fine, then address the more than three times as many media reports of hikers expiring !

I have said, repeatedly, that I will compromise precisely because

I do care about others. You, on the other hand, would happily
disenfranchise all mountainbikers ... so who is the selfish individual who
doesn't care about their effect on others. Shame on you.

Nope, shame on you for not acknowledging that irreconcilable
conflicts exist on how bikers use trails as opposed to how hikers use trails.
Hikers are unable to use trails which bikers are using.

Not true ... and I've given you many examples where trails are being shared quite amicably.

I ask you, who is being
selfish? We cannot share what can't be shared.

If it can't be shared why is it working fine in so many locations Ed ?

I charge you with being a
criminal aggressor. You and your ilk are destroying what has been a haven for
sensitive souls seeking a haven from the the ills of civilization. Walking a
trail is good for the soul, something you apparently know nothing
about.

Well, it clearly hasn't done much for improving your soul.