The Races and TV

Old July 27th 17, 02:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default The Races and TV

How is it that we have games like soccer on main stations and yet we have to buy coverage of the Tour? And there are endless lesser races that are probably a lot more exciting and more challenging as one day events and that only way you can get them is through even more special purchases if at all?

Does any one here really believe that cycle racing is so obscure that there are too few demands for it to be on TV?
Old July 28th 17, 04:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Gerrit 't Hart

On 27/07/2017 9:48 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
How is it that we have games like soccer on main stations and yet we have to buy coverage of the Tour? And there are endless lesser races that are probably a lot more exciting and more challenging as one day events and that only way you can get them is through even more special purchases if at all?

Does any one here really believe that cycle racing is so obscure that there are too few demands for it to be on TV?

The Tour was on free to air TV here in Australia, and has been for many
years.
Old July 28th 17, 03:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 8:01:45 PM UTC-7, Gerrit 't Hart wrote:
On 27/07/2017 9:48 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
How is it that we have games like soccer on main stations and yet we have to buy coverage of the Tour? And there are endless lesser races that are probably a lot more exciting and more challenging as one day events and that only way you can get them is through even more special purchases if at all?

Does any one here really believe that cycle racing is so obscure that there are too few demands for it to be on TV?

The Tour was on free to air TV here in Australia, and has been for many
years.

Once upon a time before Lance was caught and blamed for every ill in the sport we had TdF coverage on the main networks here as well. But not it's only on pay for play NBC sports network.

But the Vuelta is yet another special package and the spring classics yet another special package.

Anybody wants me, I'm at the races. Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 33 March 19th 13 07:02 PM
VDB Races!! B. Lafferty Racing 13 March 30th 06 07:15 PM
Cat 2 only races? Andrew F Martin Racing 8 October 20th 05 06:56 AM
BNE races? Tamyka Bell Australia 20 June 29th 05 11:46 AM
Fun races MattB Mountain Biking 3 August 27th 03 01:48 PM