Is God having fun watching us suffer?

Old January 25th 11, 03:31 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle[_2_]

Default Is God having fun watching us suffer?

On Jan 25, 5:51 am, Steve wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:18:53 -0800 (PST), "His Highness the
TibetanMonkey, the mundane prophet of the last days before the end of

times" wrote:
On Jan 24, 4:06 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane
prophet of the last days before the end of times"
wrote:
On Jan 24, 2:43 pm, Steve wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:55:46 -0800 (PST), "His Highness the
TibetanMonkey, the mundane prophet of the last days before the end of

times" wrote:
On Jan 24, 11:46 am, Steve wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 07:11:57 -0800 (PST), "His Highness the
TibetanMonkey, the mundane prophet of the last days before the end of

times" wrote:
On Jan 24, 9:50 am, Steve wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 06:43:54 -0800 (PST), "His Highness the
TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle"

wrote:
On Jan 24, 9:33 am, Steve wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 08:07:53 -0800 (PST), "His Highness the
TibetanMonkey, the mundane prophet of the last days before the end of

times" wrote:
This is no admission there's a God just a deep insight into the
psychology of the character, so to speak. Then let's assume there's a
God that could stop suffering, but he keeps himself amused watching us
suffer.

The desire to not suffer is one reason that man has improved his
situation.. Of course there are always individuals that prefer to sit
and watch others make the improvements and then whimper and whine
about their suffering... we call those individuals "leftists."

Still others watch the Progress of other nations, old and new alike,
such as Holland or Taiwan, and wonder why we are still suffering that
much in America...

I'm not suffering at all. Life is good.

"Life stinks!" Just saw the movie last night. This billionaire
transforms into a hobo on a bet and is forced to admit life stinks for
the poor and also learns some humanity in the process.

So it depends what your income is... unless you are eccentric
penniless like me.

Suffering to ride a bicycle or scooter, or suffering to access
healthcare.

My healthcare is just fine... and I only ride the bike for my own
enjoyment, so even the muscle soreness after an 75 mile ride couldn't
be described as suffering.

Try that here and you will be harassed by the drivers until you give
up. No room, you know.

Hell no. I don't ride on the streets.. The Catrike is too wide and
too low to do that safely.

Oh, I love those. The fact that are you seen may not make a difference
among some Florida drivers though.

Indeed, and in that case, the Catrike is just a bigger target.

I'd have around a mile of path to ride such vehicle, so the slow old-
people trike would be comfortable and still give you "plenty of
speed."

I cruise between 14 nd 18 MPH and can get her up over 22 MPH for a
couple of miles... not too bad for a one legged man.

Oh sorry, I thought they were pedal bikes. Maybe some are.

I don't have a place to put them and my last trike rusted out.

I have the Pinellis trail (34 miles) and the Suncoast trail (42 miles)
just a few miles away, and the Withlacoochie trail about an hour's
drive away. There's a few more here and there and the Suncoast is
going to hook up with the North Tampa trail to make it even longer..

My revolution will be put on hold when I find plenty of trails to
ride. Definitely will check those out.

I guess someone has to die for something to get accomplished. Most of
the time though people simply die and nobody cares. Not this time
though...

"In 1983, a man whose son was killed while riding his bike helped form
the Pinellas County Metropolitan Planning Organizations Bicycle
Advisory Committee. This committee, in conjunction with the Pedestrian
Safety Committee, wanted a safe place to enjoy cycling, hiking or
jogging. At the same time, Pinellas County officials had the problem
of what to do with a 34 mile (55 km) corridor of abandoned CSX
Transportation right-of-way."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinellas_Trail

It mentions crime, is that a problem there?

...over in Tampa and down in St Pete.. but probably not as bad as in
Miami. Where I am isn't too bad but it's not like when I was up in
Montana years ago and we didn't even have a lock on the door...

You need someone tough to clear the path first...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo0s9hC3F1M

Just because the authorities don't care. Right here we got a path for
"la creme de la creme" and "la merde de la merde" is also sitting by
watching for predation. And they pay two security guys to do **** and
idle by with no guns. Like I said, we need some tough enforcement or
cowboy superheroes.

Is God having fun watching us suffer? His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle[_2_] General 0 January 25th 11 03:31 PM
Is God having fun watching us suffer? His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle[_2_] Social Issues 0 January 25th 11 03:31 PM
Did Maggie the Girlrilla get toxic shock or suffer a ForkSTRONGinjury? Anton Berlin Racing 1 May 28th 10 09:36 PM
BR 58 - Suffer-o-rama GPLama Australia 5 July 31st 05 02:27 PM
Car commuters suffer stress, poor dears Just zis Guy, you know? UK 3 December 2nd 04 04:29 PM