Police officer wins award.

Old November 10th 10, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Police officer wins award.

Officer wins an award for going after a cyclist's killers and getting
them convicted.

http://qurl.com/j9p8n

--
Simon Mason

Old November 10th 10, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Nov 10, 5:42*pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message

Officer wins an award for going after a cyclist's killers and getting
them convicted.

http://qurl.com/j9p8n

--
Simon Mason

And?

Mr Pounder

Well deserved for going "above and beyond" the call of duty in nailing
these cyclist killers.
Otherwise they would have probably escaped justice.
--
Simon Mason
Old November 10th 10, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Nov 10, 5:42 pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message

Officer wins an award for going after a cyclist's killers and getting
them convicted.

http://qurl.com/j9p8n

--
Simon Mason

And?

Mr Pounder

Well deserved for going "above and beyond" the call of duty in nailing
these cyclist killers.
Otherwise they would have probably escaped justice.
--
Simon Mason

Who cares? Who is interested?
But, in the interests of discussion ....
How did he go "above and beyond" the call of duty?
Don't get me wrong here Mr Mason, I respect the police.

Mr Pounder

Old November 10th 10, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 10/11/2010 17:39, Simon Mason wrote:

Officer wins an award for going after a cyclist's killers and getting
them convicted.

http://qurl.com/j9p8n

URL doesn't work here.
Old November 10th 10, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

wrote:

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

Officer wins an award for going after a cyclist's killers and getting
them convicted.

http://qurl.com/j9p8n

--
Simon Mason

And?

Mr Pounder

Well deserved for going "above and beyond" the call of duty in nailing
these cyclist killers.
Otherwise they would have probably escaped justice.
--
Simon Mason

Who cares? Who is interested?
But, in the interests of discussion ....
How did he go "above and beyond" the call of duty?
Don't get me wrong here Mr Mason, I respect the police.

Mr Pounder- Hide quoted text -

This is a cycling NG remember.
It is a good cop that goes out of his way to bring a cyclist's killers
to justice, when the easiest option would be to go down the "not
enough evidence" route.
Glad to see him rewarded for his diligence.
--
Simon Mason
Old November 10th 10, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

How did he go "out of his way"?
You started this Mr Mason, please answer my questions.

Mr Pounder

Old November 10th 10, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

"JNugent" wrote in message
On 10/11/2010 17:39, Simon Mason wrote:

Officer wins an award for going after a cyclist's killers and getting
them convicted.

http://qurl.com/j9p8n

URL doesn't work here.

Still works here. You are not missing much.

Mr Pounder

Old November 10th 10, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Nov 10, 8:12*pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:
"JNugent" wrote in message

On 10/11/2010 17:39, Simon Mason wrote:

Officer wins an award for going after a cyclist's killers and getting
them convicted.

http://qurl.com/j9p8n

URL doesn't work here.

Here you go:

A POLICE officer who went above and beyond the call of duty when
helping the family of a cyclist killed in a road rage crash has been
given this year’s Livia Award.

The award is bestowed annually to a Met officer in memory of Livia
Galli-Atkinson, who was just 16 when she was killed by a car mounting
the pavement as she made her way to her ballet class in Enfield in
1998.

The driver was not jailed and the family launched a series of legal
appeals in their bid to get justice for their daughter.

The appeals failed but parents George Atkinson and Giulietta Galli-
Atkinson were so impressed by the support that they received from
police that they set up the award.
The recipient of this year’s Livia Award was Detective Inspector Mark
Cam, from Catford Garage in south London.

Graham Thwaites was killed in September 2008 when two drivers clashed
and one careered off the road ploughing into his bike. DI Cam and his
team pieced together hundreds of bits of evidence to secure the
convictions of both drivers and their three passengers.
Mr Cam received his prize at an Enfield Police police awards ceremony
hosted by Enfield Southgate MP David Burrowes and his predecessor
Stephen Twigg. The awards were presented by Director of Public
Prosecutions Keir Starmer QC.

Livia’s mother Giulietta said “We are proud of the commitment and
quality our city’s traffic police investigators keep showing and each
year our panel tells us how difficult it is to choose a winner. Mark
Cam is a flag-bearer but he would also wish us to acknowledge his
tremendous team in achieving the result.”

--
Simon Mason
Old November 10th 10, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 10/11/2010 20:17, Simon Mason wrote:

"Mr wrote:
wrote in message
Simon Mason wrote:

[...]

Thanks for that.

shrug

What was your point?

The police are supposed to do that. It's what we taxpayers pay them for.

--
Simon Mason

Police Officer Admits Mountain Biking Illegally! Mike Vandeman Mountain Biking 6 November 15th 08 07:03 AM
Police Officer Admits Mountain Biking Illegally! Mike Vandeman Social Issues 4 November 15th 08 01:30 AM
Lemond Wins Award! Dave Clary Racing 0 August 2nd 06 04:21 AM
Hit Run Kills Police Officer rooman Australia 2 August 3rd 05 10:20 AM
Police officer injures cyclist David Hansen UK 5 June 4th 05 08:59 PM