Race Coverage DVD's

Old July 6th 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default Race Coverage DVD's

I've been buying World Cycling Productions race disks for some time. Lately
(as in the last two years) the quality of the DVD's has fallen dramatically.

Disk after disk will start blanking, skipping or in one case the same stage
was on two consecutive disks but with the front couple of minutes cut off
from the second one so that the disk play time met what they claimed. Hmmm.

Other disks played once and then started blanking and skipping and sometimes
not playing at all. When I contact WCP they replace them but sometimes the
replacements are little better than the one's being replaced.

Also a couple of years ago the Tour de France disks had music so loud that
it drowned out what was being said some of the time. And of course it was
usually when what was being said was important for a change.

Has anyone else been having these problems?

Old July 6th 09, 02:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Dude get a tivo or a dvd burner but who ever watches these things once
they're done. It's hard enough to get through it the first time.

Old July 6th 09, 02:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
d p chang

"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com writes:

I've been buying World Cycling Productions race disks for some
time. Lately (as in the last two years) the quality of the DVD's has
fallen dramatically.

one word, bittorrent.

only drawback is lack of choice for the commentary language. mostly
dutch (i think if only because of the sporza bug and susan walker
mumbled something) or english, but the occasional french. i already know
english/french, but now i know two phases in dutch (phonetic since i
don't have one handy) 'kop von wiestrat' (la tete de la course) and
achtervolgers (les poursuivants).

most of the big cross/track/road races came by.

\p
---
I don't think God disapproved of the bondage, fetish or pin-ups -- just
the nudity. - Betti Page
Old July 6th 09, 02:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
raamman

On Jul 5, 9:18*pm, d p chang wrote:
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com writes:

I've been buying World Cycling Productions race disks for some
time. Lately (as in the last two years) the quality of the DVD's has
fallen dramatically.

one word, bittorrent.

only drawback is lack of choice for the commentary language. mostly
dutch (i think if only because of the sporza bug and susan walker
mumbled something) or english, but the occasional french. i already know
english/french, but now i know two phases in dutch (phonetic since i
don't have one handy) 'kop von wiestrat' (la tete de la course) and
achtervolgers (les poursuivants).

most of the big cross/track/road races came by.

\p
---
I don't think God disapproved of the bondage, fetish or pin-ups -- just
the nudity. - Betti Page

demoniod usually has a few races available, eurosport coverage and
commentary recorded live, commercials cut out- some good stuff there.
If you have the bandwidth to download, and can wait a day or so, I
would highly recomend it.
Old July 6th 09, 03:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KG[_2_]

On Jul 5, 6:34*pm, raamman wrote:

demoniod usually has a few races available, eurosport coverage and
commentary recorded live, commercials cut out- some good stuff there.

Dear Fred -

Is it possible to get the entire 200 hours of FRAAM coverage?

I would like to see the riveting spectacle from start to finish.

thank you,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
Old July 6th 09, 03:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
raamman

On Jul 5, 10:08*pm, KG wrote:
On Jul 5, 6:34*pm, raamman wrote:

demoniod usually has a few races available, eurosport coverage and
commentary recorded live, commercials cut out- some good stuff there.

Dear Fred -

Is it possible to get the entire 200 hours of FRAAM coverage?

I would like to see the riveting spectacle from start to finish.

thank you,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

You make too much out of a nom de plume, fool.
Old July 6th 09, 04:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
raamman wrote:

On Jul 5, 10:08*pm, KG wrote:
On Jul 5, 6:34*pm, raamman wrote:

demoniod usually has a few races available, eurosport coverage and
commentary recorded live, commercials cut out- some good stuff there.

Dear Fred -

Is it possible to get the entire 200 hours of FRAAM coverage?

I would like to see the riveting spectacle from start to finish.

thank you,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

You make too much out of a nom de plume, fool.

Dude, own it. If you were called "triguy," I would be all over you like
blue steel on Kurgan.

Old July 6th 09, 04:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
raamman

On Jul 5, 11:41*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,

*raamman wrote:

--
Ryan Cousineau /
"In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."- Hide quoted text -

sounds to me like you be a jealous type. don't just say it, Raammman !
don'tcha wish you could be like me..... hours and hours miles and
miles. what do you do for a living ? I live, I ride, you pine.
Old July 6th 09, 05:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KG[_2_]

*raamman wrote:
On Jul 5, 10:08*pm, KG wrote:
On Jul 5, 6:34*pm, raamman wrote:

demoniod usually has a few races available, eurosport coverage and
commentary recorded live, commercials cut out- some good stuff there.

Dear Fred -

Is it possible to get the entire 200 hours of FRAAM coverage?

I would like to see the riveting spectacle from start to finish.

thank you,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

You make too much out of a nom de plume, fool.

Dude, own it. If you were called "triguy," I would be all over you like
blue steel on Kurgan.

--
Ryan Cousineau /
"In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."- Hide quoted text -

sounds to me like you be a jealous type. don't just say it, Raammman !
don'tcha wish you could be like me..... hours and hours miles and
miles. what do you do for a living ? I live, I ride, you pine.

FRAAMman -

You're right. Everyone in rbr wishes they could be just like you.

yours in worship,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
Old July 6th 09, 09:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 5, 7:20*pm, raamman wrote:
On Jul 5, 10:08*pm, KG wrote:

On Jul 5, 6:34*pm, raamman wrote:

demoniod usually has a few races available, eurosport coverage and
commentary recorded live, commercials cut out- some good stuff there.

Dear Fred -

Is it possible to get the entire 200 hours of FRAAM coverage?

I would like to see the riveting spectacle from start to finish.

thank you,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

You make too much out of a nom de plume, fool.

Wait a minute.

So which is worse, having ridden RAAM and picking
that as your RBR name, boast, and mark of distinction -
or _not_ having ridden RAAM, yet picking that as your
RBR name?

-Ben

Race coverage finally gets an upgrade flyingdutch[_47_] Australia 2 May 26th 07 08:17 AM
Nature Valley Race coverage Jet Racing 2 September 13th 05 05:01 PM
Why are cycling DVD's so expensive Tazza Australia 5 November 4th 04 07:09 AM
Dont,cha just love DVD's? [email protected] Mountain Biking 11 August 29th 04 03:16 PM
Buying RR DVD's in Aus? SM Australia 4 August 13th 03 09:04 AM