300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

Old May 30th 17, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default 300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

On 30/05/2017 13:32, Paul Cummins wrote:
In article ,
(JNugent) wrote:

there patently *is* such a thing as Road Tax.

So please provide evidence of it...

A bank statement showing "Road Tax" has been paid...

A government issued piece of paper saying "road tax" on it.

A piece of primary or secondary legislation defining what "Road Tax" is
and what it costs?

You assert it exists, despite the substantial evidence to the contrary,
so please prove your assertion.

Now you are being even more silly than usual.

Have you read and remembered nothing at all?
Old May 30th 17, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 30/05/17 12:45, JNugent wrote:
On 30/05/2017 08:26, TMS320 wrote:
On Mon, 29 May 2017 19:02:33 +0100, wrote:

No, I need someone to show where in government legislation I can
find road tax defined.

Why do you need this? Just what's wrong with your ****ed up head?
Do you never meet people, do you never hear it called road tax?
Everybody either calls it road tax or a tax disk (before they made it
paperless).

Everybody does not.

You probably meant "Not everybody does", because "Everybody does not"
(with its completely different meaning) is patently untrue and a
non-starter.

Most people will understand the meaning. Besides, my phrase does not
mean "nobody does" so is not an untruth.

That being the case, we can easily forgive your clumsy attempt at
manipulation of the language and accept that you were right in what you
were trying to say but couldn't quite manage: there are indeed some
people who - for various reasons which are entirely their own - do not
call Road Tax "Road Tax". For that reason JSW's "Everybody either calls
it road tax or a tax disk" has to be seen as a figure of speech with
"everybody" only meaning "a majority".

There, for instance, some people who cannot deal with anything in terms
not provided for in "government legislation". There are others who
cannot deal with any concepts in a way which undermines a point they
wish to try to make and are prepared to go to ever more extreme
extremities to avoid admitting the truth. There may well be a
considerable overlap between those two groups.

Look up the evolution of the English language, colloquialisms,
something, please. You're boring the group to tears.

Taking about something nick named "road tax" is the truly boring bit.

The real boring bit is the anorak-ish harumphing insistence that the
majority are wrong and the self-interested minority are right.

JSW is right insofar as he remarks (in terms) that most people call Road
Tax "Road Tax" and that is is perfectly acceptable to refer to that tax
in that way. I would add that anyone professing not to undserstand the
term is trying, but failing, to be deceitful.

"Government legislation" so loved of another poster here has never yet
managed to define and prescribe the English language as she is spoken.

It is notable how you consistently dare not use the term VED as though
you're frightened it will summon the devil. It is very simple to say
"most people refer to VED as road tax".

Remind us - what is "road tax"? Try to keep it to one sentence
containing less than 10 words.

Old May 30th 17, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 30/05/2017 13:44, TMS320 wrote:
[...]

Ten words would be too few and would leave out something that the anal
retentives will argue about.

Road tax, is a tax which is paid by the majority of UK (and most other
countries') motor car, motorcycle and lorry, owners, so that said
vehicles may be legally (as far as that tax is related) driven or parked
on the public roads on a regular or irregular, frequent or infrequent basis.
Old May 30th 17, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 30/05/17 14:24, MrCheerful wrote:
[...]

Four words. It is a nickname.

Road tax, is a tax which is paid by the majority of UK (and most other
countries') motor car, motorcycle and lorry, owners, so that said
vehicles may be legally (as far as that tax is related) driven or parked
on the public roads on a regular or irregular, frequent or infrequent
basis.

You're another that's obviously afraid of uttering the term VED.
Old May 30th 17, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Mon, 22 May 2017 10:18:51 +0100, Peter Keller wrote:

On 21.05.2017 04:02, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

****wits

Thanks greatly for that excellent compliment coming from YOU.
Especially as it comes from YOU.
Now please belch in my direction the further honour from YOU to me of
being a thick-headed trog.

It really is a very great compliment to be called a ****wit by YOU.
Especially by YOU.
And I have no ****ing interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a ****ing bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
****witted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.

This is uk.rec.cycling, not uk.rec.gay

--
My friend drowned in a bowl of muesli - a strong currant pulled him in.
Old May 30th 17, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 30/05/2017 20:37, TMS320 wrote:
[...]

Not at all, vehicle tax is another name for it, but road tax is what VED
is known as, the great majority of the English speaking world would know
what is meant by road tax, but only a much tinier percentage would
actually know or guess what VED is, many would guess it is an unpleasant
sexually transmitted disease.

Why are you scared of the term 'road tax' ?

Type it into google, it is clearly explained there.

London cycle paths somebody[_2_] Techniques 12 December 2nd 15 01:34 AM
Cycle Paths or Not? Steve C[_2_] UK 49 May 15th 08 09:32 PM
Discovered an amazing meditation secret [email protected] Techniques 1 April 19th 08 06:01 AM
Cycle paths or psyclepaths? Tom Crispin UK 58 April 13th 08 12:22 PM
I've discovered the magic secret Arthur Clune UK 7 August 29th 05 08:55 PM