A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Cyclists waste petrol



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #481  
Old September 22nd 18, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 581
Default Cyclists waste petrol

On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 19:23:00 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/22/2018 07:28 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I once bought an SUV for Ł150. A real one - a Range Rover. Had it not
had the conversion to LPG which kept ****ing up the engine, it would
have been great.


I guess the GMC Yukon Denalis are okay if you like that sort of thing
and have a spare 75K. They're basically the Chevy Suburbans preferred by
the CIA and other bad guys in the movies when they're abducting people..
Heated leather seats and all that bling...


For that price I'd want a house, not a vehicle.
Ads
  #482  
Old September 22nd 18, 07:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 581
Default Cyclists waste petrol

On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 19:19:55 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/22/2018 07:27 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I do laugh when I'm asked to fill in my gender on a form and there's 7
possibilities. It's quite simple, if you have a penis, you're male, if
not, you're female. Even a vet could tell you this.


When I was a kid I had a male guinea pig and bought what was represented
as a female. I sat back waiting for the little guinea pigs to roll out.
Never happened although there was a lot of humping.


Always best to confirm sexes. I bought a male African Grey parrot from someone who had four males. He thought he had two females and two males and told me the bloody things wouldn't breed. I told him immediately (by just looking at their faces) that they were all male. He was most irritated. A lot of folk think you need to DNA sex them, but you don't, the male's head looks slightly different, it's hard to describe, they look slightly more butch, same as humans.
  #483  
Old September 22nd 18, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 581
Default Cyclists waste petrol

On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 19:16:23 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/22/2018 07:26 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Exactly, too weak, we need Trump. But our voters are too anti-racist.


If the BNP, EDL, BF, and Pegida UK stopped ****ing in each others
Wheaties you might get someplace. Of course we have the same problem in
the US. The Far Right and Far Left have always been their own worst enemies.


The problem is too many of the British voters are weak. They think that foreigners have human rights for some strange reason.
  #484  
Old September 22nd 18, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 148
Default Cyclists waste petrol

On 09/22/2018 12:32 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 19:23:00 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/22/2018 07:28 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I once bought an SUV for Ł150. A real one - a Range Rover. Had it not
had the conversion to LPG which kept ****ing up the engine, it would
have been great.


I guess the GMC Yukon Denalis are okay if you like that sort of thing
and have a spare 75K. They're basically the Chevy Suburbans preferred by
the CIA and other bad guys in the movies when they're abducting people.
Heated leather seats and all that bling...


For that price I'd want a house, not a vehicle.


You certainly could get a very nice, gently used motorhome for that
money if you really wanted something on wheels.

Another aspect is that while I don't abuse my vehicles I do feel they
should take me wherever I want to go within reason and a few dents and
scratches are part of the program. I hit a deer a couple of years ago
and added some additional styling to the hood. It still opens and closes
fine. A friend noticed it last week and asked me why I didn't fix it.
"Why? There are more deer out there."

An uncle liked big barges with all the crap and when he bought a new one
would come to our house and cajole my father into driving it. I don't
know if it was planned or if my father was just operating in his normal
fashion, but he turned on a rough gravel road we used frequently. You
could here rocks hitting the under-carriage. When we got back to
pavement Ernie insisted on getting out and inspecting the car for
damage. That was the last time he tried to rope my father into driving a
new car.


  #485  
Old September 22nd 18, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,408
Default Cyclists waste petrol



"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 02:17:18 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:



"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 02:15:43 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:



"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 00:01:52 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:



"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 23:02:29 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:



"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 20:31:54 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:



"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 05:25:28 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:



"rbowman" wrote in message
...
On 09/18/2018 12:15 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 16:04:40 +0100, devnull

wrote:

On 09/18/2018 10:32 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 03:45:53 +0100, rbowman

wrote:

On 09/17/2018 10:20 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
In civilised countries like the UK, we get our mail in
our
houses,
not
left outside in a box.

someone would nick it were it left outside. We only have
that
problem in
the slums when the dindus have the day social security
checks
come
out
marked on their calendars. Direct deposit has almost made
them
turn
to
honest work. almost.

Not sure what your point is there. An outside box invites
theft.
An
inside box invites flammable stuff being poured inside.
Neither
would
happen in the UK. Neither helps if you live in a ********.
But
the
indoor slot means you don't have to remember or bother to
check
the
box.

.

You keep making the dumbest posts. You think we can't
google?

http://www.mandatory.com/the-world/1...p-friends-home


What percentage of people do you believe that's happened to?

If you have the same personality IRL, I'd be surprised if you
made
it
through life without having your front room filled with
liquified
dog
****.

Yeah, specially if he actually does what he claims to do when
alarms
go
off.

Very few people are stupid enough to have alarms.

Another pathetic excuse for a troll.

Everybody knows they just sound for no reason.

Another pathetic excuse for a troll.

No, it's true. Alarm faults are commonplace.

Not when the alarm system is done properly.

The trouble is that's not up to you or me how well the neighbours'
alarms
are done.

Irrelevant. You don't get to tell them that they can't have an alarm.

It's my ears that hear the ****ing thing.


Stiff ****.


You mean "tough ****".

It's called noise pollution and it's illegal, especially at 3am!


No its not with alarms.


There is a specific law which I quoted - 15 minutes.

More than 15 minutes of alarm is not allowed BY LAW. I've reported
three
neighbours and funnily enough their alarms don't sound anymore.


Give us their addresses and we can tell them what to do thru your
letterbox.


They already know where I live,


But obviously not what they should be doing to your letterbox.

but British folk don't put things through letterboxes


Is that right ?
https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/30/man-7...erbox-7592037/

  #486  
Old September 22nd 18, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,408
Default Cyclists waste petrol



"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 02:13:32 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:



"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 02:19:20 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:



"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 22:59:50 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:



"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 22:07:32 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:



"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 21:36:29 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:



"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 20:33:36 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:



"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 07:28:46 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:



"Bod" wrote in message
...

The only problem I have ever had in much more than
half
a century now is one example of where the delivery
person
didn’t bother to knock on the door to see if there
was
anyone
home and just put the card in the letterbox saying
that
they
couldn’t deliver. I heard the lid on the letterbox
being
closed,
found the card, rang the post office and complained
and
had
the manager personally deliver the parcel to me using
his
car.

I don't have to check a box. The mail is visible on
my
hall
carpet.

I don’t have a hall at the front door and no carpet
anywhere.

And not only is the mail visible on yours, so is
anything else anyone else tosses in too. No thanks.

We've never had anything other than mail and the odd
local
newspaper
posted through our letter box.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you
actually are too stupid to use amazon, ebay, aliexpress
etc.

Why would anyone post anything else?

Some want to **** others over, stupid.

Easy,

Nope.

don't create enemies.

Easier said than done with the worst of the loonys.

That loony that burnt my mate's house to the ground,
quite literally, wasn’t even an enemy of theirs, in fact
they didn’t know her at all. She somehow got the idea
that their house was infested with demons and torched
it for that reason. Maybe all that took was for them to
be away in Adelaide.

Ok, but extreme loonys who do thing like that are still very
rare.

But the number of arseholes that choose to drop some turds or
something they light before they put it thru the letterbox
arent.

But in the UK, we simply don't have that problem.

Obvious lie.

In 43 years nothing but post has come through my letterbox.

That will change when I tell your neighbour where you live.

I would think my neighbour, by definition, knows where I live.

Then post his address so I can suggest what he puts thru your
letterbox.

As I already told you he, and the other several neighbours, already
know
me, what I'm like, and where I live.

And I already told you I need their addresses so I can
suggest what they should be pumping into your letterbox.

Given that they are obviously stupid slum denizens,
they need all the help they can get.

They're stupid, yes, but it's not a slum. Most of them own about 4
cars,
less than 3 years old.

That’s what slum dwellers do.

Slum dwellers can't afford that.


Bull**** they can't.


Where does the money come from?


They get a car loan, stupid.

  #487  
Old September 22nd 18, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,408
Default Cyclists waste petrol



"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 02:04:57 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:



"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 03:33:20 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/20/2018 04:42 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 04:38:04 +0100, rbowman
wrote:

On 09/19/2018 12:41 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 07:28:46 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:



"Bod" wrote in message
...

The only problem I have ever had in much more than half
a century now is one example of where the delivery person
didn’t bother to knock on the door to see if there was
anyone
home and just put the card in the letterbox saying that
they
couldn’t deliver. I heard the lid on the letterbox being
closed,
found the card, rang the post office and complained and had
the manager personally deliver the parcel to me using his
car.

I don't have to check a box. The mail is visible on my hall
carpet.

I don’t have a hall at the front door and no carpet anywhere.

And not only is the mail visible on yours, so is
anything else anyone else tosses in too. No thanks.

We've never had anything other than mail and the odd local
newspaper
posted through our letter box.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you
actually are too stupid to use amazon, ebay, aliexpress etc.

Why would anyone post anything else?

Some want to **** others over, stupid.

Easy,

Nope.

don't create enemies.

Easier said than done with the worst of the loonys.

That loony that burnt my mate's house to the ground,
quite literally, wasn’t even an enemy of theirs, in fact
they didn’t know her at all. She somehow got the idea
that their house was infested with demons and torched
it for that reason. Maybe all that took was for them to
be away in Adelaide.

Ok, but extreme loonys who do thing like that are still very rare.

But the number of arseholes that choose to drop some turds or
something they light before they put it thru the letterbox arent.

Maybe in a country where everyone's descended from convicts. But in
the
UK, we simply don't have that problem.

Yeah, you're descended from the people Ivar the Boneless didn't think
worthwhile to round up and take to the Dublin slave market.

We use the Irish as slaves, not the other way round. The Irish aren't
bright enough to think for themselves.

They thought themselves out of your ****ty empire.

No, they couldn't handle it and ran away.


Even more pig ignorant than you usually
manage and that’s saying something.


Funny how you always say that when you don't have an answer.


That is the answer, ****wit.

You couldn't even keep a little island a ferryboat ride away under
control.


We didn't want them here.


Odd that they have always been
free to come and go as they please.


And they left when we treated the scum badly.


Even more pig ignorant than you usually
manage and that’s saying something.

No wonder why you lost India, Africa, and the Mid-East. The IRA taught
them well.


We gave them back due to being too "humane".


Even more pig ignorant than you usually
manage and that’s saying something.


It's true.


Amritsar was very humane, eh ?

Ditto with Kenya, Malaya, Aden etc etc etc.

Modern society (United Nations et al) requires us to be nice to the enemy.


Must explain Amritsar, Malaya, Kenya, Aden, Suez etc etc etc.

Prisoners of war and all that ****.


None of that with Amritsar, Malaya, Kenya, Aden, Suez etc etc etc.

Of course, there are those thick transplanted Scots in Ulster. Won't
they
be screwed when the Republic is in the EU and they aren't?
Mayapparently
isn't smart enough to come up with a working plan for a soft border.


There is no need for any plan.

The Irish were the thick ****s that loved the EU,


Hardly surprising given all the EU handouts they got.


That's the trouble with the EU, ****ing left wingers stealing from the
rich and giving to the poor.


Didn’t realise that Barnier and Junkers were the poor.

they even took their currency.


They had no choice on that when they joined.


We joined without the currency, you can join parts and not other parts.


Not anymore. If you want to join the EU, you have
to be part of the eurozone and schengen and nato.

Their problem.


Nope, yours now.


Why? We'll just ignore them.


That’s clearly working so well for May currently.

  #488  
Old September 23rd 18, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 581
Default Cyclists waste petrol

On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 20:10:14 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/22/2018 12:32 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 19:23:00 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/22/2018 07:28 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I once bought an SUV for Ł150. A real one - a Range Rover. Had it not
had the conversion to LPG which kept ****ing up the engine, it would
have been great.

I guess the GMC Yukon Denalis are okay if you like that sort of thing
and have a spare 75K. They're basically the Chevy Suburbans preferred by
the CIA and other bad guys in the movies when they're abducting people.
Heated leather seats and all that bling...


For that price I'd want a house, not a vehicle.


You certainly could get a very nice, gently used motorhome for that
money if you really wanted something on wheels.


For 75K you could buy an actual house here. My house (2 bedrooms, semi detached bungalow) is worth about 90K.

Another aspect is that while I don't abuse my vehicles I do feel they
should take me wherever I want to go within reason and a few dents and
scratches are part of the program. I hit a deer a couple of years ago
and added some additional styling to the hood. It still opens and closes
fine. A friend noticed it last week and asked me why I didn't fix it.
"Why? There are more deer out there."


Indeed, I fix what's required to make the thing go, or reluctantly what's required by law to stop the ****ing pigs moaning about it.

An uncle liked big barges with all the crap and when he bought a new one
would come to our house and cajole my father into driving it. I don't
know if it was planned or if my father was just operating in his normal
fashion, but he turned on a rough gravel road we used frequently. You
could here rocks hitting the under-carriage. When we got back to
pavement Ernie insisted on getting out and inspecting the car for
damage. That was the last time he tried to rope my father into driving a
new car.


Barges? As in boats?
  #489  
Old September 23rd 18, 04:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 148
Default Cyclists waste petrol

On 09/22/2018 05:06 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 20:10:14 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/22/2018 12:32 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 19:23:00 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/22/2018 07:28 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I once bought an SUV for Ł150. A real one - a Range Rover. Had it
not
had the conversion to LPG which kept ****ing up the engine, it would
have been great.

I guess the GMC Yukon Denalis are okay if you like that sort of thing
and have a spare 75K. They're basically the Chevy Suburbans
preferred by
the CIA and other bad guys in the movies when they're abducting people.
Heated leather seats and all that bling...

For that price I'd want a house, not a vehicle.


You certainly could get a very nice, gently used motorhome for that
money if you really wanted something on wheels.


For 75K you could buy an actual house here. My house (2 bedrooms, semi
detached bungalow) is worth about 90K.

Another aspect is that while I don't abuse my vehicles I do feel they
should take me wherever I want to go within reason and a few dents and
scratches are part of the program. I hit a deer a couple of years ago
and added some additional styling to the hood. It still opens and closes
fine. A friend noticed it last week and asked me why I didn't fix it.
"Why? There are more deer out there."


Indeed, I fix what's required to make the thing go, or reluctantly
what's required by law to stop the ****ing pigs moaning about it.

An uncle liked big barges with all the crap and when he bought a new one
would come to our house and cajole my father into driving it. I don't
know if it was planned or if my father was just operating in his normal
fashion, but he turned on a rough gravel road we used frequently. You
could here rocks hitting the under-carriage. When we got back to
pavement Ernie insisted on getting out and inspecting the car for
damage. That was the last time he tried to rope my father into driving a
new car.


Barges? As in boats?


no, as in Pontiac Bonnevilles:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Bonneville

" The Bonneville (known as the Parisienne in Canada until 1981), and its
platform partner, the Grand Ville, are some of the largest Pontiacs ever
built; in station wagon body styles they reached just over 230 inches
(5.8 m) long, and at 5,000 pounds (2,300 kg) and more were also some of
the heaviest cars produced at the time. "


His kid inherited a taste for Bonnevilles which he couldn't start to
afford. He was always one paycheck away from destitution. I went back
for a family funeral and his mother was loudly proclaiming "Oh he's
finally come to his senses and bought a cheap little compact car." A
Camaro as it turns out. At the time I was driving a Camaro but I could
afford mine.
  #490  
Old September 23rd 18, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 581
Default Cyclists waste petrol

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 04:08:23 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/22/2018 05:06 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 20:10:14 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/22/2018 12:32 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 19:23:00 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/22/2018 07:28 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

I once bought an SUV for Ł150. A real one - a Range Rover. Had it
not
had the conversion to LPG which kept ****ing up the engine, it would
have been great.

I guess the GMC Yukon Denalis are okay if you like that sort of thing
and have a spare 75K. They're basically the Chevy Suburbans
preferred by
the CIA and other bad guys in the movies when they're abducting people.
Heated leather seats and all that bling...

For that price I'd want a house, not a vehicle.

You certainly could get a very nice, gently used motorhome for that
money if you really wanted something on wheels.


For 75K you could buy an actual house here. My house (2 bedrooms, semi
detached bungalow) is worth about 90K.

Another aspect is that while I don't abuse my vehicles I do feel they
should take me wherever I want to go within reason and a few dents and
scratches are part of the program. I hit a deer a couple of years ago
and added some additional styling to the hood. It still opens and closes
fine. A friend noticed it last week and asked me why I didn't fix it..
"Why? There are more deer out there."


Indeed, I fix what's required to make the thing go, or reluctantly
what's required by law to stop the ****ing pigs moaning about it.

An uncle liked big barges with all the crap and when he bought a new one
would come to our house and cajole my father into driving it. I don't
know if it was planned or if my father was just operating in his normal
fashion, but he turned on a rough gravel road we used frequently. You
could here rocks hitting the under-carriage. When we got back to
pavement Ernie insisted on getting out and inspecting the car for
damage. That was the last time he tried to rope my father into driving a
new car.


Barges? As in boats?


no, as in Pontiac Bonnevilles:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Bonneville

" The Bonneville (known as the Parisienne in Canada until 1981), and its
platform partner, the Grand Ville, are some of the largest Pontiacs ever
built; in station wagon body styles they reached just over 230 inches
(5.8 m) long, and at 5,000 pounds (2,300 kg) and more were also some of
the heaviest cars produced at the time. "


Only marginally heavier than my Range Rover at 2000kg.

His kid inherited a taste for Bonnevilles which he couldn't start to
afford. He was always one paycheck away from destitution.


Isn't everyone?

I went back
for a family funeral and his mother was loudly proclaiming "Oh he's
finally come to his senses and bought a cheap little compact car." A
Camaro as it turns out. At the time I was driving a Camaro but I could
afford mine.


I prefer to buy old decent cars than new **** cars.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This is what cyclists waste tax payers' money on James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] UK 123 February 12th 17 10:08 PM
Another waste of effort Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 2 September 21st 11 09:56 AM
So here is some total waste Anton Berlin Racing 6 August 4th 09 05:05 AM
Wot a waste [email protected] UK 11 February 28th 08 08:24 AM
Probably a waste of my time but its my time to waste Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 78 January 17th 07 11:30 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2018 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.