Pro Sandbagging 101

Old August 19th 09, 10:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default Pro Sandbagging 101

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...

That's actually not embarrassing. I think the US should happily embrace
its native race format, and I'm not at all being sarcastic when I say so.

Crits get a lot of stick for not being "real" races, but they're
awesome, and the winners do seem to be working for it.

What's more - going fast on a bike is going fast on a bike. After doing
crits for several years I would ride up hills as if they were flat roads.
Though usually in road races I did lousy, it was more because of the speed
than the power requirements.

Old August 20th 09, 05:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
billyroll

On Aug 19, 2:48*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

What's more - going fast on a bike is going fast on a bike. After doing
crits for several years I would ride up hills as if they were flat roads.

asinine.
Old August 20th 09, 05:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"billyroll" wrote in message
On Aug 19, 2:48 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

What's more - going fast on a bike is going fast on a bike. After doing
crits for several years I would ride up hills as if they were flat
roads.

asinine.

If you don't know what I mean I assume you aren't a racer.

Old August 20th 09, 09:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

Tom Kunich wrote:
Though usually in road races I did lousy, it was more because of the speed
than the power requirements.

Dumbass,