Bystolic (Nebivolol)

Old August 20th 09, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides[_2_]

Default Bystolic (Nebivolol)

"Bob Schwartz" wrote in message
Steve Freides wrote:
"Bob Schwartz" wrote in message
Remember, the same people that make ouzo also make a wine
that smells like Pine Sol.

Bob Schwartz

Retsina. I actually like the stuff.

Me too! It works really well for tough cleaning jobs.

Wouldn't catch me drinking the stuff though.

Bob Schwartz

Even though I have an occasional beer or glass of wine, I'm not much of
a drinker. My wife says you can tell I really don't like to drink
because I like Retsina.

-S-

Old August 20th 09, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article ,
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...

Just healthy, nourishing wine for me,

Hell, at least we Americans know that the REAL(tm) health food is BEER.
Although the label says 280 calories half of that is alcohol which a person
doesn't absorb. It gets ****ed away making beer less fattening than most
other drinks.

Oh! Look! Here is a first. You are incorrect.

http://www.elmhurst.edu/~chm/vchembook/642alcoholmet.html

In addition, alcohol directly contributes to malnutrition
since a pint of 86 proof alcohol (not an unusual daily
intake for an alcoholic) represents about half of the
daily energy requirement.

The first step in the metabolism of alcohol is the oxidation
of ethanol to acetaldehyde catalyzed by alcohol/dehydrogenase
containing the coenzyme NAD+. The acetaldehyde is further
oxidized to acetic acid and finally CO2 and water through
the citric acid cycle. A number of metabolic effects from
alcohol are directly linked to the production of an excess
of both NADH and acetaldehyde.

--
Michael Press
Old August 20th 09, 07:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
],

"Paul B. Anders" wrote in message
On Aug 19, 7:11 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Hell, at least we Americans know that the REAL(tm) health food is BEER.
Although the label says 280 calories half of that is alcohol which a
person
doesn't absorb. It gets ****ed away making beer less fattening than most
other drinks.

So, you're saying that alcohol is effectively non-caloric?

Yes. It has calories since they can measure them but it isn't processed by
the body and exits in the same condition it entered the body. Pretty weird
huh? Of course, people who are drinking, tend to drink to excess and gain
calories from the food components of the beer or wine.

Seriously? Because if this is true, it's AWESOME!

Not true.

My fetish for 9% ABV beer has never looked better,

--
Michael Press
Old August 21st 09, 12:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...

Damn it! I'm going back to hard liquor.

Dang, after looking it all up again I get a completely different answer this
time. Before when I looked it up it said that the alcohol went in and came
out the same and that's how they detected it in the urine.

Old August 21st 09, 12:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"William Mattil" wrote in message

Anyone living there obviously never gets laid. Except maybe Bathhouse fun.

You seem to know a lot about that.

Old August 21st 09, 12:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"William Mattil" wrote in message

You just can't stop yourself can you ? It's better to be silent and be
thought a fool that to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

I hear that you never met your father. Neither did your mother.

Old August 21st 09, 12:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Michael Press" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Michael, as I said before, the last article I'd read claimed
something entirely different. Saying that alcohol went in and came out the
same stuff and that's how it was detectable in your blood stream and in your
urine.

Old August 21st 09, 01:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Michael Press wrote:

In article ,
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...

Just healthy, nourishing wine for me,

Hell, at least we Americans know that the REAL(tm) health food is BEER.
Although the label says 280 calories half of that is alcohol which a person
doesn't absorb. It gets ****ed away making beer less fattening than most
other drinks.

Oh! Look! Here is a first. You are incorrect.

Do I deterct a wee bit of sarcasm?

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old August 21st 09, 01:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Bob Schwartz wrote:

Paul B. Anders wrote:
On Aug 20, 6:26 am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Brad,

Have you tried shots of ouzo?

Bob Schwartz- Hide quoted text -

You, too? You know, I don't think I've ever had ouzo, I'm going to try
it the next time I'm in a bar and get back to you on it.

Brad Anders

Remember, the same people that make ouzo also make a wine
that smells like Pine Sol.

That would be a wonderful pairing with andouillette.

Old August 21st 09, 03:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

Steve Freides wrote:
"Bob Schwartz" wrote in message
Remember, the same people that make ouzo also make a wine
that smells like Pine Sol.

Bob Schwartz

Retsina. I actually like the stuff.

Me too! It works really well for tough cleaning jobs.

Wouldn't catch me drinking the stuff though.

Bob Schwartz

Even though I have an occasional beer or glass of wine, I'm not much of
a drinker. My wife says you can tell I really don't like to drink
because I like Retsina.

Good thing about retsina is that is stores well in the refrigerator.
I had a couple glasses out of a bottle once, then chucked
it into the refrigerator. One hot afternoon a few weeks later
I sat around sipping from it; and it was perfect.

--
Michael Press