Trains

Old August 24th 09, 07:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
WTF

Default Trains

On 8/24/09 7:46 AM, in article ,
"Robert Chung" wrote:

Tom Kunich wrote:

Firstly, sorry you were injured.

Thanks. No afternoon rides on your (and Greg's) dime for a little while
thoiugh.

The real question has to do with French doctors - are they allowed to
have private patients who pay their own bills?

Of course. You've been spending too much time listening to nutjob talking
points. You know those faceless bureaucrats who stand between patients and
their doctors? Those guys work for American health insurance firms and
decide whether they'll pay for your treatment. But in any event, I have
French health insurance. They just presumed from my accent that I didn't and
treated me anyway.

And for those unaware of it - although emergency hospitals in the USA
make a big deal out of getting paid they are required by law to treat
everyone that comes in the door. And they do.

Not exactly. If an injury is not life-treatening, they don't have to.
Suppose you and Greg were riding together in the clown car and had an
accident in front of Summit Hospital in Oakland, and you were still a Kaiser
member. As long as you didn't have obvious life-threatening injuries Summit
could decline to treat you and send you the four blocks over to Kaiser.
OTOH, once Greg opened his mouth they'd realize he was incoherent and
suspect brain damage so they'd have to take him. If you weren't a Kaiser
member you'd have to go over to Highland Hospital, which is Alameda County's
public hospital.

I was at 3 emergency rooms here in SD county before at a time they were full
of illegal families (yep! They all came along..) Had a friend one time whose
heart stopped and she slumped over on my shoulder while we were waiting for
HOURS! Never saw any of the illegals there sent away to another hospital...

Yes, the friend I speak of here is why we were at the emergency room

Old August 24th 09, 08:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"WTF" wrote in message

Many doctors here pay in malpractice insurance what some make over
there....
Doctors in France make 50-100k.

My doctor has insinuated that he pays double the high end of that here in
California, home of the law suit millionaires.

Old August 24th 09, 10:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

WTF wrote:
Doctors in France make 50-100k.

Dumbass,
Old August 24th 09, 11:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 24, 11:56*am, WTF wrote:
"Robert Chung" wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

Steve,

One reason that county hospital ERs are full of poor people
(they aren't always illegals - did you check their passports?)
is that the ER is the only place poor people can get health care,
because - wait for it - they don't have health insurance!

Sorry to hear about you and your friend's ER difficulties.
Waiting in the ER sucks. Nobody does it if they have an
alternative.

Ben
Old August 25th 09, 12:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

" wrote in message

Sorry to hear about you and your friend's ER difficulties.
Waiting in the ER sucks. Nobody does it if they have an
alternative.

Tell me Ben. When you're injured in a road accident or the like, do you call
your private doctor first or do you just let the ambulance take you to the
nearest emergency facility?

Old August 25th 09, 12:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Susan Walker wrote:

WTF wrote:
Doctors in France make 50-100k.

Dumbass,

Well, sure that doesn't seem like a lot, but remember their health care is
already covered and they get to take August off.

--
Bill Asher
Old August 25th 09, 12:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Tom Kunich wrote:
Fred Fredburger wrote:
William Asher wrote:
SLAVE of THE STATE wrote in
:

Do you ever get concerned the only guy agreeing with you is Kunich?

They only agree to an extent. Tom thinks it's OK for the government to
build roads and raise a standing military. Slave doesn't, but he'd
prefer not to talk about it.

Do you believe that the government shouldn't draft EVERYONE? Everyone
should be responsible for paying some duty to the freedom of the US.
Aside from the taxes they should offer their own mind and body as well.
Let's remember that this is the same thing that happened in 1775.

The only thing I definitely believe about universal conscription is that
it's damned hard to implement.

You start by including everyone. Oh wait, better exclude women. Some men
aren't physically capable either, so let's exclude them too. Those
college students will be worth more to us after they've finished their
education, so we'll grant them a deferment. Etc.
Old August 25th 09, 12:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

WTF wrote:
On 8/23/09 4:11 PM, in article , "Fred Fredburger"
wrote:

WTF wrote:
On 8/23/09 9:08 AM, in article
, "Fred Fredburger"
wrote:

WTF wrote:
On 8/22/09 9:48 PM, in article
, "Fred
Fredburger"
wrote:

WTF wrote:
On 8/22/09 1:22 PM, in article , "Fred
Fredburger" wrote:

WTF wrote:
On 8/22/09 2:43 AM, in article
,
"Donald
Munro" wrote:

Johnny Twelve-Point wrote:
Michael Moore on one side and Anne Coulter on the other - they're
all
just as bad. You have to be really independent thinker to see
through
the lies from the left:

http://www.guernicamag.com/spotlight/1207/the_last_temptation_of_wendell
/
WTF wrote:
Do not even think about calling their president a Nazi like you do
here!
You will be in prison real quick and NO.. There is no 9th circuit
court
of
appeals..
No RBR over there.....
Kiss your iPhone goodbye! (or Blackberry...)
There is no "eBay Cuba"
There must be something wrong with my grep since grepping the article
doesn't find any references to Cuba.
It refers to MM "sicko"
Which is about healthcare in Cuba.........

You are confused. That's not what the movie was about.
I must be...........

http://www.workers.org/2007/world/sicko-0607/

Power to the People!!!!!!!

Read your link, first sentence:
"Much publicity for Michael Moore¹s newest movie ³Sicko,² which puts a
spotlight on the negligence of the U.S. health-care system..."

Now compare to your statement:
"It refers to MM "sicko"
Which is about healthcare in Cuba"

Why do you hate America? Why must you call it "Cuba"?
Play word games all you want assbag.

The movie talked about healthcare being superior in Cuba. Even a 5th grader
knows that.....

This is not a b grade trial in court. You are not a smooth lawyer.....

The movie talked about health care being better in many places. but it
was "about" the US health care system. Even your own link says so.

Changing your story now that you've been proved wrong and ignorant.
Typical. Too chicken**** to say "I was wrong."

Assbag-

You must have reeeeally missed me!
No change, you ain't worth it, or ****..
There was a good amount about Cuban healthcare. Hell he even took a 9/11
person there, remember dip****?

Magilla needs to **** on your face.l.

It is a fact that you need someone to make sense of your nonsense for
you. You're not doing so well. Now you say "sicko" was a movie about
9/11? Since it was mentioned, that's got to be what it was "about", right?

Keep backpeddling, you've still got a ways to go.

Holy crap you are a moron................
Honestly? You are trying a lame attempt at yankin my chain..........

It's obvious you were just blowing your mouth off without thinking. Why
can't you just say you mis-spoke instead of pretending that you're being
persecuted?
Old August 25th 09, 12:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
WTF

On 8/24/09 4:36 PM, in article , "Fred
Fredburger" wrote:

WTF wrote:
On 8/23/09 4:11 PM, in article , "Fred Fredburger"
wrote:

WTF wrote:
On 8/23/09 9:08 AM, in article
, "Fred
Fredburger"
wrote:

WTF wrote:
On 8/22/09 9:48 PM, in article
, "Fred
Fredburger"
wrote:

WTF wrote:
On 8/22/09 1:22 PM, in article , "Fred
Fredburger" wrote:

WTF wrote:
On 8/22/09 2:43 AM, in article
,

WTF wrote:
[...]

Yo Dumbass,
I certainly did not! Everything I said was in the stoopid movie...

Old August 25th 09, 01:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Robert Chung" wrote:

Tom Kunich wrote:

Firstly, sorry you were injured.

Thanks. No afternoon rides on your (and Greg's) dime for a little while
thoiugh.

Erm, I just realized that after hearing Chung's story, I thought "hm,
what are the ramifications of this story for the US healthcare debate?"
But didn't, for some reason, think "****, Chung's been hurt!"

I blame rbr for turning me into an unfeeling robot monster, but I'm not
discounting the possibility we should be blaming Canada.

The real question has to do with French doctors - are they allowed to
have private patients who pay their own bills?

Of course. You've been spending too much time listening to nutjob talking
points. You know those faceless bureaucrats who stand between patients and
their doctors? Those guys work for American health insurance firms and
decide whether they'll pay for your treatment. But in any event, I have
French health insurance. They just presumed from my accent that I didn't and
treated me anyway.

If TK's question was about Canada, the answer would be far more
confusing. I do not know what the ramifications of _Chaoulli v. Quebec_
will be.

In good news, my wife got an MRI appointment! It's only a few weeks
away! That means the total wait was only about 8 months!

The lesson, of course, is not that Canada is evil or the US is good. The
lesson is that if you don't ask your doctor about hand-washing, who will?

trains ray Australia 4 January 25th 08 08:06 AM
Bikes on trains and DRL Alex Potter UK 9 December 15th 06 11:27 PM
Recumbents on trains? Pedaldog UK 20 January 17th 06 09:01 AM
Bikes on Trains Tony Raven UK 4 October 16th 05 10:15 AM
Cycles on trains al Mossah UK 11 October 2nd 05 09:42 PM