grease stains

Old October 14th 04, 02:52 AM
byron27

Default grease stains

ok, ive tried napisan and prewash stain remover, and i still cant ge
the grease stains off my knicks, jerseys, tshirts, jeans, socks, etc!

anyone have a bombproof method of getting grease out of clothes tha
doesnt require blood from the sacrificial slaying of any innocen
animals

--
byron27

Old October 14th 04, 03:08 AM
Resound

"byron27" wrote in message

ok, ive tried napisan and prewash stain remover, and i still cant get
the grease stains off my knicks, jerseys, tshirts, jeans, socks, etc!!

anyone have a bombproof method of getting grease out of clothes that
doesnt require blood from the sacrificial slaying of any innocent
animals?

--
byron27

Tricky...cleaners that do a great job on grease often don't play well with
artificial fibres. I've had enormous success in the past using petrol or
kerosene as an intermediate step in removing grease from jeans. Dunno what
the end result would be on polyester though; could well end in tears.

Old October 15th 04, 09:19 AM
Peter Signorini

"Resound" wrote in message

"byron27" wrote in message

ok, ive tried napisan and prewash stain remover, and i still cant get
the grease stains off my knicks, jerseys, tshirts, jeans, socks, etc!!

anyone have a bombproof method of getting grease out of clothes that
doesnt require blood from the sacrificial slaying of any innocent
animals?

If you know of anyone who is into the Amway thing, they have a product
called LOC which is very effective with most stains including grease. It can
be diluted significantly, is quite economical and being made of Lots Of
Coconuts, is entirely biodegradable.

Not sold in your regular stores.

Cheers
Peter

Old October 15th 04, 09:34 AM
ButtHead

That Amway stuff is very potent........

ButtHea

--
ButtHea

Old October 14th 04, 04:28 AM
Bikesoiler

byron27 Wrote:
ok, ive tried napisan and prewash stain remover, and i still cant ge
the grease stains off my knicks, jerseys, tshirts, jeans, socks, etc!!

anyone have a bombproof method of getting grease out of clothes tha
doesnt require blood from the sacrificial slaying of any innocen
animals?

You could try Citrus solvent. I'd be carefull on synthetics but I'
sure I've used it on cotton. Don't let it soak, spray, then wash.

Otherwise just dye the offending garments black. :

--
Bikesoiler

Old October 14th 04, 06:12 AM
TP

i use oil & grease remover from local auto shop to remove grease from felt
in the back of subi when marked when carrying bike in back...
works great...a bit on the carsengenic side...(spelling) " would work on
clothes but wash immediatly after,......tell me how it goes...

Old October 14th 04, 07:02 AM
ritcho

TP Wrote:
i use oil & grease remover from local auto shop to remove grease from
felt
in the back of subi when marked when carrying bike in back...
works great...a bit on the carsengenic side...(spelling) " would work
on
clothes but wash immediatly after,......tell me how it goes...

[snip]

[/color]

"Carsengenic" - A garment that draws derision from fashion police
everywhere

Ritch

--
ritcho

Old October 14th 04, 10:58 AM
aeek

TP Wrote:
i use oil & grease remover from local auto shop to remove grease fro
felt in the back of subi

which reminds me of using industrial hand cream which stripped th
grease off, 25 years ago so how safe it would be today. Maybe th
modern equivalent

--
aeek

Old October 15th 04, 01:40 AM
TP

This stuff has a warning description on the side.....not that many people
read it but i would use gloves & a mask.....reads like most herbicides for
your garden......
But it does work...

"aeek" wrote in message

TP Wrote:
i use oil & grease remover from local auto shop to remove grease from
felt in the back of subi

which reminds me of using industrial hand cream which stripped the
grease off, 25 years ago so how safe it would be today. Maybe the
modern equivalent?

--
aeek

Old October 14th 04, 11:42 AM
bkay

byron27 Wrote:
ok, ive tried napisan and prewash stain remover, and i still cant ge
the grease stains off my knicks, jerseys, tshirts, jeans, socks, etc!

anyone have a bombproof method of getting grease out of clothes tha
doesnt require blood from the sacrificial slaying of any innocen
animals?Here's another product to try called Dylon stain remover No 1 It is

small blue & white container. It has always removed the grease from m
washing. Not sure about bicycle grease though. Just make sure yo
follow the instructions

Hope this helps.:

--
bkay

BICYCLE grease [email protected] Techniques 2 February 16th 05 01:58 PM
Barium grease? B i l l S o r n s o n Techniques 104 October 20th 04 06:59 PM
new chain grease g.daniels Techniques 22 September 3rd 04 03:19 AM
Carbon parts: to grease or not to grease??? ccrider Techniques 9 May 27th 04 11:39 PM