Most Starts for a Tour de France?

Old June 11th 04, 04:43 PM
Bob

Default Most Starts for a Tour de France?

Who has the record for the most Tour starts? In recent history, say
after WWII? Is Viatcheslav Ekimov close to record? I think this
year will be 14 or 15?

Thanks

Old June 11th 04, 05:00 PM
Martin Honnen

Bob wrote:

Who has the record for the most Tour starts? In recent history, say
after WWII? Is Viatcheslav Ekimov close to record? I think this
year will be 14 or 15?

I don't know what the record is but Joop Zoetemelk had 16
participatations from 1970 to 1986.

--

Martin Honnen

Old June 11th 04, 05:01 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:43:58 -0700, Bob wrote:
Who has the record for the most Tour starts? In recent history, say
after WWII? Is Viatcheslav Ekimov close to record? I think this
year will be 14 or 15?

Who else but Thomas Dekker's great-uncle, Joop Zoetemelk: 16 starts, 16
finishes.
Old June 11th 04, 05:15 PM
Bob Schwartz

Bob wrote:

Who has the record for the most Tour starts? In recent history, say
after WWII? Is Viatcheslav Ekimov close to record? I think this
year will be 14 or 15?

Thanks

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/cvccb...y/riderrec.htm

Joop Zoetemelk has 16. If Eki starts this year it will be number
14 for him.

Bob Schwartz

Old June 11th 04, 09:57 PM
Stewart Fleming

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:43:58 -0700, Bob wrote:

Who has the record for the most Tour starts? In recent history, say
after WWII? Is Viatcheslav Ekimov close to record? I think this
year will be 14 or 15?

Who else but Thomas Dekker's great-uncle, Joop Zoetemelk: 16 starts, 16
finishes.

Who has the record for most overall wins?
Is Thomas Dekker related to Erik Dekker?
How do you pronouce Zoetemelk's name?

Old June 12th 04, 03:37 AM
Sonarrat

"Stewart Fleming" wrote in message

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:43:58 -0700, Bob wrote:

Who has the record for the most Tour starts? In recent history, say
after WWII? Is Viatcheslav Ekimov close to record? I think this
year will be 14 or 15?

Who else but Thomas Dekker's great-uncle, Joop Zoetemelk: 16 starts, 16
finishes.

Who has the record for most overall wins?

5-way tie between LANCE, Miguel Indurain, Bernard Hinault, Eddy Merckx and
Jacques Anquetil, going backward in time. Each won 5 times. Armstrong and
Indurain each won 5 in a row.

Is Thomas Dekker related to Erik Dekker?

Another RBR poster today said no... I'm not sure.

How do you pronouce Zoetemelk's name?

According to Mike Jacoubowsky, "Yowp Zootemelk."

-Sonarrat.

Old June 12th 04, 05:03 AM
Stewart Fleming

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:43:58 -0700, Bob wrote:

Who has the record for the most Tour starts? In recent history, say
after WWII? Is Viatcheslav Ekimov close to record? I think this
year will be 14 or 15?

Who else but Thomas Dekker's great-uncle, Joop Zoetemelk: 16 starts, 16
finishes.

Who has the record for most overall wins?

5-way tie between LANCE, Miguel Indurain, Bernard Hinault, Eddy Merckx and
Jacques Anquetil, going backward in time. Each won 5 times. Armstrong and
Indurain each won 5 in a row.

Is Thomas Dekker related to Erik Dekker?

Another RBR poster today said no... I'm not sure.

How do you pronouce Zoetemelk's name?

According to Mike Jacoubowsky, "Yowp Zootemelk."

These should be in the FAQ...that hasn't been added to since April 2003.

Old June 12th 04, 05:09 AM
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Stewart Fleming wrote:

How do you pronouce Zoetemelk's name?

In all honesty, I probably pronounce it badly.

--
tanx,
Howard

"Copper will never be gold"