Largest cog for SRAM AUTOMATIX?

Old June 24th 16, 01:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Doe[_3_]

Default Largest cog for SRAM AUTOMATIX?

https://www.sram.com/sram/urban/products/automatix

I need to know what sort of cogs work with the SRAM AUTOMATIX.

I need to use a large cog, larger than the stock 19 tooth cog. At least 24
tooth.

Is a cog from an SRAM cassette usable?

Apparently there are different types of connections, as per this
description...

Wolf Tooth Giant Cog For SRAM only works with PG 1030, 1050, and 1070 11-36
and 12-36 cassettes or X0 11-36t (XG-1080) cassettes.

So I need to know the type. They should specify it on their page, but oh
well. I realize this is a brand specific question, I will keep looking.

Thanks.
Old June 24th 16, 01:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 6/24/2016 7:28 AM, John Doe wrote:
https://www.sram.com/sram/urban/products/automatix

I need to know what sort of cogs work with the SRAM AUTOMATIX.

I need to use a large cog, larger than the stock 19 tooth cog. At least 24
tooth.

Is a cog from an SRAM cassette usable?

Apparently there are different types of connections, as per this
description...

Wolf Tooth Giant Cog For SRAM only works with PG 1030, 1050, and 1070 11-36
and 12-36 cassettes or X0 11-36t (XG-1080) cassettes.

So I need to know the type. They should specify it on their page, but oh
well. I realize this is a brand specific question, I will keep looking.

Thanks.

Simple, see any LBS. Range is from 13t to 24t. SRAM brand is
very available but also fits Sturmey Archer, classic
Shimano, Bendix, F&S etc.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old June 24th 16, 08:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Doe[_3_]

AMuzi wrote:

John Doe wrote:

https://www.sram.com/sram/urban/products/automatix
I need to know what sort of cogs work with the SRAM AUTOMATIX.
I need to use a large cog, larger than the stock 19 tooth cog.
At least 24 tooth.
Is a cog from an SRAM cassette usable?
Apparently there are different types of connections, as per this
description...
Wolf Tooth Giant Cog For SRAM only works with PG 1030, 1050, and
1070 11-36 and 12-36 cassettes or X0 11-36t (XG-1080) cassettes.

Apparently they have three tabs.

So I need to know the type. They should specify it on their page, but oh
well. I realize this is a brand specific question, I will keep looking.

Simple, see any LBS. Range is from 13t to 24t. SRAM brand is
very available but also fits Sturmey Archer, classic
Shimano, Bendix, F&S etc.

If necessary, I can turn a 20 tooth cog into a 42 tooth sprocket...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04

Sram doubletap - downshifting when already in largest cog Dave Techniques 3 September 9th 13 01:51 AM
Largest Set Ever. CKCrowe Unicycling 52 August 29th 07 05:16 AM
largest 24X3.0? JosephCampbell Unicycling 19 August 16th 07 10:46 PM
largest gap Mike_Foote Unicycling 9 March 7th 06 09:39 PM
Largest tire on a 1.75 rim? Catboy Unicycling 9 November 1st 05 09:13 AM