Suntour 7 spd indexed

Old April 11th 05, 01:44 PM
Another group member

Default Suntour 7 spd indexed

Hello, I am trying to locate a 7 speed Cassette to suit Suntour shifting
system (Indexed). Can anyone help?
Best regards,
John.

--

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/1170117

Old April 11th 05, 08:52 PM
Nigel Cliffe

Another group member wrote:
Hello, I am trying to locate a 7 speed Cassette to suit Suntour
shifting system (Indexed). Can anyone help?

If you mean the old 7 speed system from the days of screw on gear
clusters...

Then I find that current 7-speed screw on cassettes to match Shimano pattern
work fine. I bought a Sachs 13-28 (probably old stock) recently for my
bike. My bike has the X-1 shifters which sit alongside the brake hoods on a
drop-bar (looking like giant paddles, or a bit like a bike with Kelly
Take-Off adaptors fitted).

I may have a worn genuine Suntour in the shed somewhere, if you really want
such a thing, I can look to see if its not been dumped in the last trip to
the metal recycling bin.

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

Old April 11th 05, 11:28 PM
JBB

"Another group member" . wrote in message
news
Hello, I am trying to locate a 7 speed Cassette to suit Suntour shifting
system (Indexed). Can anyone help?
Best regards,
John.

--

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/1170117

possibly! What were you looking for?

Julia

Old April 12th 05, 08:34 AM
Another group member

Hello,
I actually know the difference between Freewheels and Cassettes. I am
looking for a Cassette.
John.

Old April 12th 05, 08:36 AM
Another group member

Hello, Anything cassette wise and Suntour 7 speed. Prefer lower rather than
high gears. Also could do with a suitable Suntour indexing rear gear mech.
Regards,
John..........

Old April 12th 05, 09:20 AM
Jeremy Collins

Another group member wrote:
Hello, Anything cassette wise and Suntour 7 speed. Prefer lower rather than
high gears. Also could do with a suitable Suntour indexing rear gear mech.
Regards,

I have a 7-speed Suntour derailler in the bits box, but it's not
exactly mint condition. (I also have a 7-speed Suntour cassette,
maybe a freewheel, but it's still attached to an old wheel, and
I don't really want to buy a Suntour-specific tool to remove it).

It's yours for the cost of postage if you want it. I've uploaded
a photo he

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jd.coll...ntour_mech.jpg

It's from an old MTB, and is marked "Suntour Accushift XCT". I
won't be offended if you say "no thanks"...!

--
jc

Remove the -not from email
Old April 12th 05, 09:48 AM
Another group member

Rear mech welcome as it could be repainted to look OK. But only if rear cogs
are cassette and not Freewheel.
John.

Old April 12th 05, 09:55 AM
Jeremy Collins

Another group member wrote:
Rear mech welcome as it could be repainted to look OK. But only if rear cogs
are cassette and not Freewheel.

Are you saying you only want the mech if my old wheel has a cassette on
it?

--
jc

Remove the -not from email
Old April 12th 05, 09:57 AM
Another group member

Hello, Yes if the cassette matches the gear. If it is a screw on freewheel
it is a different job and will not fit to the cassette rear wheel I have.
Sorry.
John.

Old April 12th 05, 10:06 AM
Clive George

"Another group member" . wrote in message
news
Hello, I am trying to locate a 7 speed Cassette to suit Suntour shifting
system (Indexed). Can anyone help?

Sounds like a shimano 7sp cassette would do you. Or is it that you've got a
suntour hub?

cheers,
clive