What's better than a silver medal in the non-special Olympics?

Old February 24th 10, 04:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KurganGringioni

Default What's better than a silver medal in the non-special Olympics?

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...
: In article ,
: "KurganGringioni" wrote:
:
: "Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
: ]...
: : In article ,
: : "KurganGringioni" wrote:
: :
: : "Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
: : ]...
: : : In article ,
: : : "KurganGringioni" wrote:
: : :
: : : "Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
: : :
]...
: : : :A bronze:
: : : :
: : : : http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news-centre/newsid=45218.html
: : : :
: : : : I guess because bronze is last winner, while silver is first
: loser.
: : : :
: : :
: : :
: : :
: : : Dumbass -
: : :
: : : What's even better is making Canada our Bitch in men's hockey.
: : :
: : : On Jim Rome today, some Canadian ****** called up and said, "If
you
: : didn't
: : : have Miller you would have lost!"
: : :
: : : Dummer junge: if we didn't have Brodeur you would have lost.
: :
: :
: :
: : Dumbass -
: :
: : You Canadians are weak. That is a brutal excuse. Goaltending is half
the
: : game. It's not our fault your goaltending sucks or that you would
trust
: your
: : national honor to a descendent of France. Didn't WW2 teach you
anything?
: :
: : You lost by 2 goals. Take your beating like a man. Or a bitch. Take
your
: : pick.
: :
: : It is what it is. There's a new goalie in town. Revenge is a dish best
: : served in the Gold Medal game.
:
:
:
:
: Dumbass -
:
: That is a much better thing to say than:
:
: "If you didn't have Miller you would have lost" or
:
: Heh. But I didn't say that.
:
: "If we didn't have Brodeur you would have lost"
:
: Okay, I said this.
:
: Make sure the team has the tubulars glued on properly to their skates.
:
: We blew a goal through the net today. The team appears to have found
: some form.

Dumbass -

Playing well is only half of it in a single elimation hockey tournament. The
other half is luck.

Definitely makes Olympic hockey interesting. There's not a lot of
predictability to it.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Old February 24th 10, 04:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K. Fred Gauss

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
"K. Fred Gauss" wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

The Canadians have played some really dominant hockey EXCEPT for
goaltending, so I'm quietly confident about their shot, despite the ugly
backdoor route they now have to the gold medal game.

"Quietly confident", yet loud enough about it that you'll be entitled to
dance and sing neener-neener-neener when it happens.

I like it.

http://www.behindthenethockey.com/20...s-of-canada-wi
nning-the

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/02/23/i...-your-comfort/

Damn.

Yeah, but looking at first link convinces me that the odds of the US,
Russia or Sweden winning are not great either. Beating top notch
competition is hard for everyone, but someone's got to do it. The page
does illustrate why having to play that additional game is a big deal,
though.
Old February 24th 10, 06:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Michael Press" wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 07:01:12 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

A bronze:

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news-centre/newsid=45218.html

I guess because bronze is last winner, while silver is first loser.

Interesting, but not surprising. However, the last line made me
regurgitate. She has to be, what, 29, 30?

All that time you had to mature? You know, throwing up,
looking at water buffalo from the wrong end?
She was wasting her life doing what she wanted,
and now she has it. Best of everything to her.
She is genuinely happy having achieved her goal.
Many aren't.

--
Captain Serious

Hey, at least she wasn't like the ice skater who said, now that they won, it
was time to make babies.

There must be some guy-equivalent to all this female gushing. Maybe instead
of going to Disneyland, you can be in an Old Spice commercial? That would be
hot.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old February 24th 10, 07:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Henry[_4_]

On Feb 24, 8:15*am, Donald Munro wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
ALL OF IT! Seriously, the Canadians outshot the US handily, and scored 3
goals.

Its been a bad week for Canada:
http://www.cricketworld.com/internationalcricketnews/article/?aid=23294

Next thing the Taliban are going to take out your curling team and the
ice hockey team will make the switch to figure skating.

a truly hearth warming story, the rise and rise of the Afghani cricket
team; gone up 4 divisions in world cricket. Canada do have some
cricket pedigree but Allah smiles on His Chose One's )
Old February 24th 10, 07:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Henry[_4_]

On Feb 23, 8:01*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
A bronze:

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news-centre/newsid=45218.html

I guess because bronze is last winner, while silver is first loser.

--
Ryan Cousineau /

Good point, well made
but, sometimes I have seen people very happy with 2nd; depends about
expectations. I don't think Lance was satisfied with 3rd last year.
Old February 24th 10, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Henry[_4_]

On Feb 23, 8:01*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
A bronze:

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news-centre/newsid=45218.html

I guess because bronze is last winner, while silver is first loser.

--
Ryan Cousineau /

this one (sorry about munged URL)
http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic...m490b01kP.html
team USA got the silver; I thought they were muppets are Nordic
combined. Result!
Old February 24th 10, 08:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic...hedule-and-res...

team USA got the silver; I thought they were muppets are Nordic
combined. Result!

ENGLISH PLEASE.

Thanks,
Ronde Champ

Old February 24th 10, 11:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
ALL OF IT! Seriously, the Canadians outshot the US handily, and scored 3
goals.

Its been a bad week for Canada:
http://www.cricketworld.com/internationalcricketnews/article/?aid=23294

Next thing the Taliban are going to take out your curling team and the
ice hockey team will make the switch to figure skating.

a truly hearth warming story, the rise and rise of the Afghani cricket
team; gone up 4 divisions in world cricket. Canada do have some
cricket pedigree but Allah smiles on His Chose One's )

Canada has ex-pat Asian communities who have taken up the torch from
falling hands, effectively reviving the sport from the ex-pat Englishmen
who formerly were the backbone of whatever cricket in Canada was.

Old February 25th 10, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAzzCeSXeuY
Old February 25th 10, 09:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
DirtRoadie wrote:

On Feb 23, 12:01*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
A bronze:

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news-centre/newsid=45218.html

I guess because bronze is last winner, while silver is first loser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAzzCeSXeuY

Mr. Seinfeld could submit that 90 seconds as a doctoral thesis on sports
psychology.

olympic special...see the amazing photos of olympics sedo UK 3 August 22nd 08 01:05 PM
No wonder America didn't medal in cycling in the 1976 Olympics! [email protected] Racing 11 August 9th 08 01:27 AM
Here's Jonathan Page's Warmup for His Silver Medal Ride!!!!! Randy Beaver Racing 0 January 28th 07 07:52 PM
Give him a medal Ivor Jones UK 6 August 20th 06 08:36 PM
Special Olympics Cycling Bill C Racing 5 July 20th 05 03:51 AM