The IOC should be grateful...

Old February 27th 10, 04:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KurganGringioni

Default The IOC should be grateful...

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...
: In article ,
: Bob Schwartz wrote:
:
: Before they get their undies in a twist over hockey
: players smoking and drinking (who would ever imagine!)
: they should thank their lucky stars that no one has
: gotten popped yet for dope.
:
: Yeah, but they excluded 30 Olympic athletes for doping violations. But
: they did it before the start of the games, so it's less scary that way.

Dumbass -

They're getting smarter about it.

That's the way to get in front of the issue PR-wise.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

ps. p0wn the podium!!

Old February 27th 10, 05:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Feb 26, 7:40*am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Before they get their undies in a twist over hockey
players smoking and drinking (who would ever imagine!)
they should thank their lucky stars that no one has
gotten popped yet for dope. This is especially relevant
given the role of the Olympics as the primary driver
in sports doping.

And especially, especially relevant given the role of
steroids in hockey player development.

I swear, the Olympics are run by retards.

Bob Schwartz

Dumbass,

IOC investigation = taking the problem with utmost
seriousness until all the hand-wringers and sports
columnists forget about it, then sweeping it under the
rug where it belongs. Just like doping. In terms of
preserving the product before everything else, the IOC
makes the UCI look like, well, amateurs.

Canadians drink beer, film at 11!
If this had happened in a real country like Slovakia
rather than Canada where the national sport is
wringing hands over what image Canada is projecting
to everyone else (as if everyone else was looking),
this wouldn't even be a page 4 news item.

Ben
RBR Amateurism Expert
Old February 27th 10, 06:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
,
Brad Anders wrote:

On Feb 26, 7:40Â*am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

I swear, the Olympics are run by retards.

Bob, you can't say that word any more.

Brad "PC Cop" Anders

Hard to figure why calling somebody a retard is a
hanging offense. Ever think about the word? It is a
euphemism. Those kids are not retarded. They ain't
never catching up. You are doing them a favor with
retard. They are what is left after you make a pinochle
deck. But in these sensitive times simply skip over
`retard' and go for `feeble minded', or `brain damaged'
or `simpleton.' Or not. I ignore it mostly, except
sometimes. So, is there a safe word?

--
Michael Press
Old February 27th 10, 08:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Michael Press wrote:

In article
,

wrote:

I swear, the Olympics are run by retards.

Bob, you can't say that word any more.

Brad "PC Cop" Anders

Hard to figure why calling somebody a retard is a
hanging offense. Ever think about the word? It is a
euphemism. Those kids are not retarded. They ain't
never catching up. You are doing them a favor with
retard. They are what is left after you make a pinochle
deck. But in these sensitive times simply skip over
`retard' and go for `feeble minded', or `brain damaged'
or `simpleton.' Or not. I ignore it mostly, except
sometimes. So, is there a safe word?

No, and if you follow the history, not only did "retarded" start out as
a euphemism ("imbecile," was one of several narrow classifications that
predated it), it's been one of several terms that have attempted to stay
out front of pejorative usage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_H._Goddard#Vineland

Thus retarded, challenged, special, different, and whatever other
euphemism is in current use will always become pejorative, as long as
what they're meant to describe is a person with diminished mental
capacity (another one!). The concept is inherently insulting when
applied to people of normal mental capacity.

Stupid is as stupid does,

Old February 27th 10, 08:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"KurganGringioni" wrote:

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

ps. p0wn the podium!!

What's that? I can't hear you over ALL THIS GOLD!

Old February 27th 10, 09:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_5_]

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Before they get their undies in a twist over hockey
players smoking and drinking (who would ever imagine!)

Dumbass,
The IOC representatives have stained undies.
Old February 27th 10, 09:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_5_]

Bob Schwartz wrote:
I swear, the Olympics are run by retards.

K. Fred Gauss wrote:
Also, watched by retards.

Tom Kunich wrote:
It didn't used to be that way.

I am resisting temptation; where are my brownie points ?
Old February 27th 10, 10:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

"KurganGringioni" wrote:

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

ps. p0wn the podium!!

What's that? I can't hear you over ALL THIS GOLD!

OWN THE PODIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old February 27th 10, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
],
Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In article ,
Michael Press wrote:

In article
,
Brad Anders wrote:

On Feb 26, 7:40ÂÂ*am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

[...]

I do not mind people calling people retard when the
target has the capacity but does not live up to it;
though I do not use invective in that way: to say
somebody _is_ something that they are not; but that is
more a result of reading Alfred Korzybski. Maybe there
is something actually wrong with it. I do not know. If
there is then it is not a slight of the truly current euphemism.

Sometimes I will say that someone is _acting_ stupid.

--
Michael Press
Old February 27th 10, 05:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_5_]

Michael Press wrote:
Sometimes I will say that someone is _acting_ stupid.

Ah, so we're all just acting dumbasses.