Olympic medal counts

Old March 1st 10, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks
Big Bobby Clobber

Default Olympic medal counts

On Mar 1, 12:35*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

-my wholly-concocted "weighted athlete awards" favors Canada with 242
(USA 2nd at 186).

You should have also created a "weighted coach" award, in which case
Hitchcock gives Canada the title on his own...

Joe
Old March 1st 10, 05:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks
Scotty[_3_]

Big Bobby Clobber wrote:
On Mar 1, 12:35 am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
-my wholly-concocted "weighted athlete awards" favors Canada with 242
(USA 2nd at 186).

You should have also created a "weighted coach" award, in which case
Hitchcock gives Canada the title on his own...

Joe

Melody Davidson Would win that one for the women, too.

Scott
Old March 1st 10, 07:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks

On Mar 1, 8:29*am, Fred wrote:
On Mar 1, 4:45*am, "A. Dumas" wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
I wrote up a bunch of stuff. My brief bloggy comments he

http://wiredcola.com/content/olympic...stats-fiddling

The compiled data he

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...3LVNQWF9GQ01tb...
S1pd1JNM0E&hl=en

Who has the most medals per life expectancy?

You know, when you factor out deaths due to things completely
unrelated to health care (e.g. deaths due to car accidents or
shootings, where those involved are dead before ever receiving any
medical care) the US goes from having a pitifully low life expectancy
to having the highest life expectancy in the world.

Nice try, though, at turning the conversation to a Probama slant.

So, if what you were saying was true, then the US has
such a higher rate of death by accident and violence
than other developed countries that it drags our overall
average life expectancy down significantly.

I actually don't find your statistic plausible (the US murder rate is
0.043 per 1000 and the accident rate is 0.41 per 1000, which
don't seem large enough to drag life expectancy down alot),
but if it were true, you would have to wonder what Americans
are doing to run such a high risk of death by accident.
Clearly crime isn't the issue since the accident rate
is 10x higher than the murder rate..

Forget terrorism. ACCIDENTS are the enemy.

Ben
Old March 1st 10, 08:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks
semi-ambivalent[_2_]

for its Portugal-class life expectancy

But they said we needed Nimitz-class-carriers instead. Didn't those
help?

sa

Old March 1st 10, 08:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks
Marsh

On Mar 1, 11:46*am, "
wrote:

Forget terrorism. *Bad beer is the enemy.

Ben-

:-)
Old March 1st 10, 11:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks
Uncle Dave

On Mar 1, 1:19*pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
RickyBobby wrote:
The only black mark on the whole thing was the rookie
bobsleigher from Russia who was overmatched by a world class course and
lost control of his little sleigh.

Is this what passes for trolling in Canada these days?

I didn't know Canada were any good at skiing, just those minority
sports like ice hockey and curling. Well done them if they're coming
good in the real winter sports as well! Ice hockey. What a crock of
**** that is. One bunch of overpaid (and overpadded) thugs clubbing
another bunch of overpaid thugs with sticks. It's like something
Monty Python would invent at the Ministry of Silly Sports...

UD
Old March 2nd 10, 02:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Uncle Dave wrote:

On Mar 1, 1:19*pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
RickyBobby wrote:
The only black mark on the whole thing was the rookie
bobsleigher from Russia who was overmatched by a world class course and
lost control of his little sleigh.

Is this what passes for trolling in Canada these days?

I didn't know Canada were any good at skiing, just those minority
sports like ice hockey and curling. Well done them if they're coming
good in the real winter sports as well! Ice hockey. What a crock of
**** that is. One bunch of overpaid (and overpadded) thugs clubbing
another bunch of overpaid thugs with sticks. It's like something
Monty Python would invent at the Ministry of Silly Sports...

Look at what field hockey players wear for protection (on the field, you bunch of
perverts) and compare that to what ice hockey players have on.

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old March 2nd 10, 06:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
semi-ambivalent wrote:

for its Portugal-class life expectancy

But they said we needed Nimitz-class-carriers instead. Didn't those
help?

sa

Depends on how you feel about Portugal, really. Also, lifestyle issues
tend to dominate life expectancies.

Also, Nimitz-class carriers are AWESOME.

Old March 2nd 10, 06:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Howard Kveck wrote:

In article
,
Uncle Dave wrote:

On Mar 1, 1:19*pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
RickyBobby wrote:
The only black mark on the whole thing was the rookie
bobsleigher from Russia who was overmatched by a world class course and
lost control of his little sleigh.

Is this what passes for trolling in Canada these days?

I didn't know Canada were any good at skiing, just those minority
sports like ice hockey and curling. Well done them if they're coming
good in the real winter sports as well! Ice hockey. What a crock of
**** that is. One bunch of overpaid (and overpadded) thugs clubbing
another bunch of overpaid thugs with sticks. It's like something
Monty Python would invent at the Ministry of Silly Sports...

Look at what field hockey players wear for protection (on the field, you
bunch of
perverts) and compare that to what ice hockey players have on.

In one case, a Canadian player got a penalty because the IIHF has really
weird rules about losing your helmet: if you lose it during your shift,
you have to go directly to the bench. He tried to retrieve it first.

Innuendos left in to service you better.

Old March 2nd 10, 07:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,alt.sports.hockey.nhl.vanc-canucks
Scotty[_3_]

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,
semi-ambivalent wrote:

for its Portugal-class life expectancy

But they said we needed Nimitz-class-carriers instead. Didn't those
help?

sa

Depends on how you feel about Portugal, really. Also, lifestyle issues
tend to dominate life expectancies.

Also, Nimitz-class carriers are AWESOME.

Portugal has pretty good wine, don't they?

Scott