almost had me going there

Old March 3rd 10, 06:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

Default almost had me going there

until he also claimed to have coined the phrase "hurt locker"

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yjgponh

Old March 3rd 10, 07:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Mar 3, 10:44*am, Scott wrote:
until he also claimed to have coined the phrase "hurt locker"

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yjgponh

Next time Phil Liggett talks about some rider digging
into his suitcase of courage, I really want to hear Paul
respond with a comment about putting other riders
into the hurt locker. After that, the duffel of strength, the
pain handbag, and the blue cooler.

Ben
Old March 3rd 10, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Fred

wrote:

On Mar 3, 10:44*am, Scott wrote:
until he also claimed to have coined the phrase "hurt locker"

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yjgponh

Next time Phil Liggett talks about some rider digging
into his suitcase of courage, I really want to hear Paul
respond with a comment about putting other riders
into the hurt locker. After that, the duffel of strength, the
pain handbag, and the blue cooler.

Ben

The Bidon of Burn. The Musette of Misery.

--
Bill Fred
Old March 3rd 10, 09:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

William Fred wrote:
wrote:

On Mar 3, 10:44 am, Scott wrote:
until he also claimed to have coined the phrase "hurt locker"

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yjgponh
Next time Phil Liggett talks about some rider digging
into his suitcase of courage, I really want to hear Paul
respond with a comment about putting other riders
into the hurt locker. After that, the duffel of strength, the
pain handbag, and the blue cooler.

Ben

The Bidon of Burn. The Musette of Misery.

The Valise of Valor. The Satchel of Tenacity.

Bob Schwartz
Old March 3rd 10, 09:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
heather

Bob Schwartz wrote:
William Fred wrote:
wrote:

On Mar 3, 10:44 am, Scott wrote:
until he also claimed to have coined the phrase "hurt locker"

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yjgponh
Next time Phil Liggett talks about some rider digging
into his suitcase of courage, I really want to hear Paul
respond with a comment about putting other riders
into the hurt locker. After that, the duffel of strength, the
pain handbag, and the blue cooler.

Ben

The Bidon of Burn. The Musette of Misery.

The Valise of Valor. The Satchel of Tenacity.

Bob Schwartz

the backpack of badass

the saddlebag of saddlesores

wait, that last one, not so desirable.
Old March 3rd 10, 09:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Mar 3, 3:15*pm, heather wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:
William Fred wrote:
wrote:

On Mar 3, 10:44 am, Scott wrote:
until he also claimed to have coined the phrase "hurt locker"

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yjgponh
Next time Phil Liggett talks about some rider digging
into his suitcase of courage, I really want to hear Paul
respond with a comment about putting other riders
into the hurt locker. *After that, the duffel of strength, the
pain handbag, and the blue cooler.

Ben

The Bidon of Burn. *The Musette of Misery.

The Valise of Valor. The Satchel of Tenacity.

Bob Schwartz

the backpack of badass

the saddlebag of saddlesores

wait, that last one, not so desirable.

dumbass,

scrotum of kindness has a nice ring to it.
Old March 3rd 10, 11:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Fred

Amit Ghosh wrote:

On Mar 3, 3:15*pm, heather wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:
William Fred wrote:
wrote:

On Mar 3, 10:44 am, Scott wrote:
until he also claimed to have coined the phrase "hurt locker"

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yjgponh
Next time Phil Liggett talks about some rider digging
into his suitcase of courage, I really want to hear Paul
respond with a comment about putting other riders
into the hurt locker. *After that, the duffel of strength, the
pain handbag, and the blue cooler.

Ben

The Bidon of Burn. *The Musette of Misery.

The Valise of Valor. The Satchel of Tenacity.

Bob Schwartz

the backpack of badass

the saddlebag of saddlesores

wait, that last one, not so desirable.

dumbass,

scrotum of kindness has a nice ring to it.

Now that you mention it, scrotum sounds like it should be the unit of
something. Something small and inconsequential. As in "Move the right
side of that picture up a few scrotums, it's not hanging even." Or "She
displayed a scrotum of kindness by not mentioning his incredibly small
private parts as she walked out the door." Or "The belief meter moved
upwards by a milli-scrotum at most when, for the thousandth time, Contador
denied he had ever doped."

--
Bill Fred
Old March 3rd 10, 11:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:15:47 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Mar 3, 10:44*am, Scott wrote:
until he also claimed to have coined the phrase "hurt locker"

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yjgponh

Next time Phil Liggett talks about some rider digging
into his suitcase of courage, I really want to hear Paul
respond with a comment about putting other riders
into the hurt locker. After that, the duffel of strength, the
pain handbag, and the blue cooler.

Ben

I think hurt locker went right from 'not well known' to 'too self
consciously used' without ever making it to 'well known and used',
much less the coveted meme category.

Which reminds me of a short vignette I once heard. Seems Hermes and
Ares were standing around shooting the breeze and Hermes said, "Well,
have to go, lot of ground to cover."

Ares replied, "Well, don't stop to chase any golden apples."

To which Hermes said, "Thanks for the meme, Ares."

Curtis L. Russell
Not permitted to tell these things at home...

Old March 4th 10, 12:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Gringioni[_2_]

"heather" wrote in message
: Bob Schwartz wrote:
: William Fred wrote:
: wrote:
:
: On Mar 3, 10:44 am, Scott wrote:
[...]

Dumbass -

Saddlebag of saddlesores gets me thinking of one of RBR's favorite riders,
Tom Danielson.

When TD's about to drop out with his stomach virus/diarrhea, Ligget could
say he's reaching into his:

1) duffel of disease
2) container of contamination
3) purse of pestilence
4) rucksack of rot
5) pocket of plague
6) vial of Vaughters

thanks,

Fred. presented by Gringioni.

Old March 4th 10, 01:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Fred

Fred Gringioni wrote:

"heather" wrote in message
: Bob Schwartz wrote:
[...]