What's better than a silver medal in the non-special Olympics?

Old February 23rd 10, 07:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default What's better than a silver medal in the non-special Olympics?

A bronze:

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news-centre/newsid=45218.html

I guess because bronze is last winner, while silver is first loser.

Old February 23rd 10, 07:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
KurganGringioni

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...
:A bronze:
:
: http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news-centre/newsid=45218.html
:
: I guess because bronze is last winner, while silver is first loser.
:

Dumbass -

What's even better is making Canada our Bitch in men's hockey.

On Jim Rome today, some Canadian ****** called up and said, "If you didn't
have Miller you would have lost!"

Is that dude one of your buddies? If not, maybe he hangs out with Jonathan
Page.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Old February 23rd 10, 01:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
A bronze:

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news-centre/newsid=45218.html

I guess because bronze is last winner, while silver is first loser.

The bronze that Petra Majdic( took will be the one that
people remember from these games.

Bob Schwartz
Old February 23rd 10, 01:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 07:01:12 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

A bronze:

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news-centre/newsid=45218.html

I guess because bronze is last winner, while silver is first loser.

Interesting, but not surprising. However, the last line made me
regurgitate. She has to be, what, 29, 30?

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old February 23rd 10, 03:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides[_2_]

KurganGringioni wrote:
"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...
A bronze:

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news-centre/newsid=45218.html

I guess because bronze is last winner, while silver is first loser.

Dumbass -

What's even better is making Canada our Bitch in men's hockey.

You have to wonder how much of Canada's loss has to do with Martin
Brodeur's performance or lack thereof. It's already been announced he's
not starting the next game, and he's gotten pulled from several NHL
games this season as well. I am no big hockey fan and really can't
comment on his performance, just sayin' that he has been getting pulled
and it's not inconceivable that the two teams are closer in skill level,
save their goalies, than the score of the recent game showed.

-S-

Old February 23rd 10, 05:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Steve Freides" wrote:

KurganGringioni wrote:
"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...
A bronze:

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news-centre/newsid=45218.html

I guess because bronze is last winner, while silver is first loser.

Dumbass -

What's even better is making Canada our Bitch in men's hockey.

You have to wonder how much of Canada's loss has to do with Martin
Brodeur's performance or lack thereof. It's already been announced he's
not starting the next game, and he's gotten pulled from several NHL
games this season as well. I am no big hockey fan and really can't
comment on his performance, just sayin' that he has been getting pulled
and it's not inconceivable that the two teams are closer in skill level,
save their goalies, than the score of the recent game showed.

ALL OF IT! Seriously, the Canadians outshot the US handily, and scored 3
goals.

That said, every goalie gets pulled sometimes. Luongo has turned in a
few stinkers, too, but Brodeur's last few games have been below average
by NHL standards, not just Brodeur standards. It makes you wonder if
he's playing hurt, or sick, or old, or maybe really unlucky.

The Canadians have played some really dominant hockey EXCEPT for
goaltending, so I'm quietly confident about their shot, despite the ugly
backdoor route they now have to the gold medal game.

Old February 23rd 10, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"KurganGringioni" wrote:

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
]...
:A bronze:
:
: http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news-centre/newsid=45218.html
:
: I guess because bronze is last winner, while silver is first loser.
:

Dumbass -

What's even better is making Canada our Bitch in men's hockey.

On Jim Rome today, some Canadian ****** called up and said, "If you didn't
have Miller you would have lost!"

Dummer junge: if we didn't have Brodeur you would have lost.

Is this you in the T-Mobile jersey?

http://velonews.competitor.com/2004/...tes-but-freire
-wins_27135

Old February 23rd 10, 06:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steve Freides[_2_]

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
"Steve Freides" wrote:

KurganGringioni wrote:
[...]

I think just old, but sometimes old just means he needs to do a little
less. He might be just fine if he was in a situation where he shared
the job with someone else, or at least had a backup who played more
often than most.

-S-

Old February 23rd 10, 06:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On Feb 23, 5:16*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:

snip

That said, every goalie gets pulled sometimes. Luongo has turned in a
few stinkers, too,

Jeannie Longo plays ice hockey?! Does this mean the end (at last) of
her cycling career?

UD
Old February 23rd 10, 07:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Victor Kan

On Feb 23, 2:01*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
A bronze:

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news-centre/newsid=45218.html

I guess because bronze is last winner, while silver is first loser.

I thought it would be Plushenko's Platinum Medal.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0...n_472590..html

olympic special...see the amazing photos of olympics sedo UK 3 August 22nd 08 01:05 PM
No wonder America didn't medal in cycling in the 1976 Olympics! [email protected] Racing 11 August 9th 08 01:27 AM
Here's Jonathan Page's Warmup for His Silver Medal Ride!!!!! Randy Beaver Racing 0 January 28th 07 07:52 PM
Give him a medal Ivor Jones UK 6 August 20th 06 08:36 PM
Special Olympics Cycling Bill C Racing 5 July 20th 05 03:51 AM