Extreme weather conditions and racing

Old June 2nd 13, 10:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Randall Shimizu

Default Extreme weather conditions and racing

This spring we saw both snow and extreme heat at the tour of CA. My
own belief is that if the roads are passable then the races should
continue. With the exception of hurricanes or tornadoes. Eddy Merckx
once said that a champion should be victorious under any and all
conditions. There is ways of dealing with both extreme heat and cold.
In my mind the teams were ill prepared. For extreme heat there thermal
cooling vests that can be worn. For cold weather there is thermal
suits that one can wear. These are long sleeve skin suits that have
thermal warming material. There is also Gortex jackets that are made
of Taslan they can wear. These are windproof. So it's time for the
teams to prepare and work with the clothing companies to develop new
garments.
Old June 4th 13, 02:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Sunday, June 2, 2013 2:37:19 AM UTC-7, Randall Shimizu wrote:
This spring we saw both snow and extreme heat at the tour of CA. My

own belief is that if the roads are passable then the races should

continue. With the exception of hurricanes or tornadoes. Eddy Merckx

once said that a champion should be victorious under any and all

conditions. There is ways of dealing with both extreme heat and cold.

In my mind the teams were ill prepared. For extreme heat there thermal

cooling vests that can be worn. For cold weather there is thermal

suits that one can wear. These are long sleeve skin suits that have

thermal warming material. There is also Gortex jackets that are made

of Taslan they can wear. These are windproof. So it's time for the

teams to prepare and work with the clothing companies to develop new

garments.

..
..
I returned from a training ride this winter and it took 30 minutes for my nuts to descend from my abdomen, and that was after 10 minutes in a hot shower. I agree with you. Clothing companies need to develop a new garment that'll stop my nuts from ascending up into my abdomen.
..
..

cycling in icy conditions Adam Lea[_2_] UK 42 January 23rd 09 11:58 PM
Local conditions MattB Mountain Biking 7 December 22nd 07 02:23 AM
Biking in uncomfortable weather conditions. Jose Capco General 5 August 15th 06 12:30 AM
Appropriate speed for conditions Tim Woodall UK 32 December 1st 05 09:20 AM
Uncivilized conditions Fabrizio Mazzoleni General 17 November 19th 04 05:50 AM