Bike rack for 1996 Honda Accord

Old July 25th 05, 07:37 AM
Paul Jackson

Default Bike rack for 1996 Honda Accord

Hi,

am in the market for a rear trunk mounted bike rack for a 1996 Honda
Accord. Am looking to haul up to two bikes.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Old July 25th 05, 07:50 AM
Hank Wirtz

Paul Jackson wrote in
:

Hi,

am in the market for a rear trunk mounted bike rack for a 1996 Honda
Accord. Am looking to haul up to two bikes.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

I really like Supergo's 2-bike trunk rack on my 2000 Altima. Its lower half
sets the bikes out far away from the bumper, so I never had to worry about
the car's paint getting scratched. At least, I didn't until I got rear-
ended (yes, while my bike was on it - Amazingly, the bike only needed a new
crank...paid for by the other driver's insurance). It also has nice anti-
sway blocks that go around the seat tube.

The 2-bike model's on sale for $50 right now, but it's on backorder. The 3-
bike one is only $5 more, though, and it's in stock.

http://supergo.com/profile.cfm?LPROD...lcat_id =7608
Old July 25th 05, 02:36 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

I submit that on or about Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:37:10 -0700, the person
known to the court as Paul Jackson
made a statement in Your
Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

am in the market for a rear trunk mounted bike rack for a 1996 Honda
Accord. Am looking to haul up to two bikes.

I am not a fan of trunk-mounted racks. My father-in-law has an Accord
Tourer, he's just fitted a towbar specially to take the bike rack, I
have a towbar on my Volvo for the same reason. Trunk-mounted racks
run the risk of damaging paint and bodywork, and are not as secure as
either roof-mount or towball-mount. But the bikes get less blasted
than on a roof mount! We use a roof mount for convenience, for
tandems and for my recumbent, but hitch mount is our preferred option
for sure.

That said, the Thule hang-on rack seems to be well regarded by those
who use it.

http://www.thuleracks.com/thule/fg_vehicle.asp

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old July 25th 05, 04:06 PM
Art

I have a 1996 Accord 2 door sedan and the Saris Bones (three bike
model) works for me. Works great for carrying more than one bike.
For occasions where only one bike needs to be transported, I've been
folding the rear seat backrest down, removing the front tire and
sticking the bike in the trunk. It's quick and the bike is inside the
car where nothing can happen to it.

Art

Old July 25th 05, 04:33 PM
Jeff Starr

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:37:10 -0700, Paul Jackson
wrote:

Hi,

am in the market for a rear trunk mounted bike rack for a 1996 Honda
Accord. Am looking to haul up to two bikes.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

I have had good luck with a bike rack from Rhodes.

And they stand behind their products. Mine came with a lifetime
warranty. When they couldn't replace a part, one that didn't prevent
me from using the rack, they sent me out a whole new current model
rack.

Life is Good!
Jeff
Old July 25th 05, 11:21 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

Back in the day I made had a job making Allen racks. Pretty simple
and cheap and supposed to fit any car.

http://www.allenracks.com/products/trunk/103a.html

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com

Rack questions har Techniques 14 June 25th 04 09:18 PM
Street Bike Devlin UK 44 March 17th 04 10:28 AM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 08:44 PM
Who is going to Interbike? Bruce Gilbert Techniques 2 October 10th 03 09:26 PM