seat guts

Old December 19th 09, 08:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Gary[_6_]

Default seat guts

My RockShox seatpost sheared off at the top, where it attaches to the
clamp that attaches to the seat. I want to keep using the seatpost.
All I need to do is attach it to the saddle. They make something
called seat guts - http://www.studiocycles.com/images/Seat_Guts_013.jpg
The problem is, they all seem to be made to fit over a 7/8" seatpost
extension. Mine is 3/4". Does anyone know where to get seat guts that
will fit a 3/4" seatpost? Thanks - Gary
Old December 20th 09, 02:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Gary[_6_]

On Dec 19, 7:57*pm, Phil W Lee phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk
wrote:
Gary considered Sat, 19 Dec 2009 12:25:42 -0800
(PST) the perfect time to write:

My RockShox seatpost sheared off at the top, where it attaches to the
clamp that attaches to the seat. I want to keep using the seatpost.
All I need to do is attach it to the saddle. They make something
called seat guts -http://www.studiocycles.com/images/Seat_Guts_013.jpg
The problem is, they all seem to be made to fit over a 7/8" seatpost
extension. Mine is 3/4". Does anyone know where to get seat guts that
will fit a 3/4" seatpost? Thanks - Gary

Get a small sheet of 1/16th aluminium sheet and wrap it around the
post you have.
Then fit the standard saddle clamp over the top.

Same idea as seatpost shims, I guess. I don't know if it'll work but
it's worth a shot. Thanks!

Old December 20th 09, 10:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On 20 Dec, 05:47, TT wrote:
On Dec 19, 1:25*pm, Gary wrote:

My RockShox seatpost sheared off at the top, where it attaches to the
clamp that attaches to the seat. I want to keep using the seatpost.
All I need to do is attach it to the saddle. They make something
called seat guts -http://www.studiocycles.com/images/Seat_Guts_013.jpg
The problem is, they all seem to be made to fit over a 7/8" seatpost
extension. Mine is 3/4". Does anyone know where to get seat guts that
will fit a 3/4" seatpost? Thanks - Gary

Weld it.

That spoils all the fun for the future.

Farrar showing some guts Andre Racing 1 October 4th 08 04:52 PM
Maintenance Question - Worm Guts Jorg Lueke General 5 April 3rd 07 04:57 PM
Guts G.T. Mountain Biking 4 October 7th 06 11:34 AM
An athlete with guts Bill C Racing 6 September 20th 05 11:47 PM
RBR people with guts. Bill C Racing 38 January 31st 05 06:12 PM