The Hound of the Pashley Wheel

Old August 5th 05, 07:40 PM
rob.northcott

Default The Hound of the Pashley Wheel

Cool. It'll be good to meet somebody else from the forum. At the
moment it's looking like the later part of the week should be better for
weather.

Rob

--
rob.northcott - Need to practise uphill mounts

Old August 9th 05, 03:24 PM
sarah.miller

goldenchicken II wrote:
*Doing all this riding in the lap of mother nature ... do you ever get
ticks? Yes, I mean the bloodsucking ones. *

Ticks are an occasional hazzard riding around here in devon. I get them
more often on the heathland than on moor land, but yes we do have them.
top tip is to inspect your legs straight after the ride, any black
specks get scraped off imediatly before they have much chance to grow
and gore on your blood.
Sarah

--
sarah.miller - SWUM unicyclist

South West Unicycle Meet
www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html
sarah.miller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694

Old August 9th 05, 04:03 PM
goldenchicken II

sarah.miller wrote:
*Ticks are an occasional hazzard riding around here in devon. I get
them more often on the heathland than on moor land, but yes we do have
them. top tip is to inspect your legs straight after the ride, any
black specks get scraped off imediatly before they have much chance
to grow and gore on your blood.
Sarah *

Good advice.

I have heard that eating copious amounts of garlic will keep the buggers
away. I always eat much garlic even if I'm not going into the woods
since it has a similar effect on some people. Also wearing dark clothes
is said to discourage ticks. Fancy riding muni in a black diving suit

Other tips on how to avoid ticks (and the nasty diseases some of them
are spreading)?

--
goldenchicken II - There is more to cycling

Olaf Johansson
goldenchicken II's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10248

rim life.. questions... Ravi Techniques 308 September 6th 05 05:59 PM
105 flange failure pics cashrefundman Techniques 26 November 30th 04 06:37 PM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Wheelbuilding issues Nate Knutson Techniques 13 May 9th 04 03:29 PM
Attaching rear wheel Roger Zoul General 10 October 21st 03 11:35 AM