Scofflaws

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 15th 19, 05:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Scofflaws

This morning I was riding to meet a friend. I was going to be a little
late, which isn't unusual for me. I made a left turn from a highway on
to another rural road that is also 100 km/h speed limit and quite busy
too. Maybe 100m from the turn is a rail crossing. I noticed a car
behind me as I approached the crossing. The driver wasn't going much
faster than me at that stage. About 30m from the crossing the lights
started flashing and bells were ringing. A train was approaching and
there are no boom gates at this crossing.

I applied the brakes and gently rolled to a stop. The driver in the car
following me accelerated, past me, and drove illegally through the crossing.

I wasn't bothered, but I did wonder why the rush considering the ease of
stopping.

--
JS

Mountain Biker Scofflaws EdwardDolan Social Issues 2 June 10th 16 11:10 AM
Scofflaws punished Tarcap UK 7 October 28th 15 09:35 AM
Police get tough with scofflaws Partac[_10_] UK 55 June 8th 13 01:38 PM