2 weeks of snow- then blue sky

Old December 29th 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
aspenmike

Default 2 weeks of snow- then blue sky

Colorado at it's best. Phat powder skiing for 2 weeks straight, then
today. Cold, but Colorado Blue sky above. 25 kms of snowpacked, icy road
riding on the 36er. Nice to get back on the wheel, give the legs some
different muscles to work with. BTW, the skiing/shredding is awesome.

Here are a couple of pics I took from todays ride.

|Filename: coker ride 12 28 08001.jpg |

aspenmike
Old December 29th 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
aspenmike

Mt. Daly 4082 meters

|Filename: coker ride 12 28 08 03001.jpg |

aspenmike
Old December 29th 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
aspenmike

getting started

|Filename: coker ride 12 28 08 02001.jpg |

aspenmike
Old December 29th 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UnICycleRoCKs

aspenmike;1159856 wrote:
Colorado at it's best. Phat powder skiing for 2 weeks straight, then
today. Cold, but Colorado Blue sky above. 25 kms of snowpacked, icy road
riding on the 36er. Nice to get back on the wheel, give the legs some
different muscles to work with. BTW, the skiing/shredding is awesome.

Here are a couple of pics I took from todays ride.

That makes me sad... I can't go skiing this year except maybe in
North Carolina for a day...Usually we go to Big Sky Montana but
financial reasons prevent it. But have fun skiing in that powder, it
looks nice Makes me want to live in Colorado lol

--
UnICycleRoCKs

"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"
Edgar Bergen
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't
matter and those who matter don't mind.”
Dr. Suess
Old December 29th 08, 09:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tim_desmet

nice,
here it was 2-3 weeks of rain
now it is more than 1-2 weeks sun !!!
but it is a bit cold over here.. (0°)

and looks like you live in a nice village
and beautifull mountains around you

--
tim_desmet

-- Sorry for my bad english --
Old December 29th 08, 04:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

mmmm dude those pictures are beautiful.

I love snow. We had a bit of snow (like a foot probably), but it
started to melt with the warmer weather.

Our ski hill got really icey too. (read my post in Today I... about
what happens when its icey haha)

yeah, i can see grass in some spots now... Sucks. But, atleast its not
like -30 and windy as hell anymore.

i kinda wanna go skiing in CO sometime soon too. Heard its awesome
there.

--
unibikeling

"-I'll learn the landing once i do the takeoff-" - me

'Sixsixone - Great gear for all riding!' (sixsixone.com)-'My Videos'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/lardmcfatso)

Sprite Off Winner 08~
Old December 29th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Bondo

Finally some sun!!

Breckenridge on Saturday never got above Zero Degrees. Brrr. 3 runs and
I was done.

Monarch yesterday was totally non-sucky!!
Although they closed Mirkwood, the trees were still deep and light. Not
too crowded! Sunny and 30 degrees. Perfect day for powder skiing!

How have the crowds been this week there in Aspen?
We are down maybe 20%. Kinda nice to be able to drive around town.
But it would be nice to have the touristas back in force.
$$$

Great Pics as always!

--
Bondo

Apply Directly to a Unicycle.

'w00tni|iciou$n3s$Rof1iwins'
(http://tinyurl.com/5fcdr2)
Old December 30th 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Into the blue

Mike, as always, you make everyone on the forum insanely jealous of
where you live, you b*stard.

--
Into the blue

Harper wrote:
i wuld get a 20' trialls uni prolly with a blu tiar.
get splined an a kh saet or ur a pansy.
get trials cuz thaz whut i du n u mus wannaa whut i du 2.
lol...awwsum.

Old December 30th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
aspenmike

Into the blue;1160350 wrote:
Mike, as always, you make everyone on the forum insanely jealous of
where you live, you b*stard.

sorry, sorry, sorry - but, somebody has to live here and put up with
paris hilton happy new year

bondo wrote:
How have the crowds been this week there in Aspen?
We are down maybe 20%. Kinda nice to be able to drive around town.
But it would be nice to have the touristas back in force.
$$$
Great Pics as always!

Aspen is never crowded, even with full occupancy. Summit County is
disneyland compared to us, keep it to yourself though. We are down
about the same percentage.

Peace

|Filename: coker ride 12 28 08 04001.jpg |

aspenmike
Old December 31st 08, 02:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

Into the blue;1160350 wrote:
Mike, as always, you make everyone on the forum insanely jealous of
where you live, you b*stard.

I'd be jealous, but I'd rather just walk out my front door.

--
nimblelight

'Front page unicycle article'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=72686).
Organizing an event/club in Colorado or want to check for events?
'Colorado Unicycles forum'
(http://z13.invisionfree.com/Colorado_Unicycles/)-still in development.