Today I injured...

Old November 29th 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
psbagumba

Default Today I injured...

peleschramm wrote:
stretching doesnt really help such injuries.

Hmmm . everything I know is wrong. I hate it when that happens.

Thanks for the news, peleschramm. I guess the trick is to warm up
gradually.

--
psbagumba
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 30th 07, 09:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ridingwithscissors

well... lets see... a few weeks ago I came off and bruised my tailbone.
hurt for two weeks.

ouch.

--
ridingwithscissors
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 30th 07, 10:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

psbagumba wrote:
Hmmm . everything I know is wrong. I hate it when that happens.

Thanks for the news, peleschramm. I guess the trick is to warm up
gradually.

Your not wrong, just not doing it right.

When your muscles are cold, they are tight, and its bad to stretch cold
muscles. This is what tons of people do before they exercise or do
anything physical.

Properly, what you should do is warm-up, by jogging, jumping jacks, you
know, anything that is cardiovascular and will get the blood pumping
and body/muscles heated up.

After about 10-15mins of this, 5 mins if your rushing, then you can
start your stretches.

After stretching, you're good to go.

And like Pele was saying, after exercise, then you do more stretches.

So in short it goes, Warm-up, exercise, cool-down.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 30th 07, 10:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

psbagumba wrote:
Hmmm . everything I know is wrong. I hate it when that happens.

Thanks for the news, peleschramm. I guess the trick is to warm up
gradually.

I've told the same to many P.E. teachers, non of them listened

--
thejdw

I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!
kington99 wrote:
A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage

don't follow Jesus, follow me!

http://www.usenet.com
Old January 1st 08, 06:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CoreTechs

Pedal bites suck.

|Filename: 102_0089.jpg |

CoreTechs

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

And get 'LOST' (www.lost.eu/69d9c).
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 1st 08, 11:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
PKHodgie

Dude you should wear shin pads!!! Did this a few days ago, but i pulled
the muscle in the left side of my back, couldnt bend it without getting
an excrutiating pain all the way down my back. Its gettin better now
but i still cant jump when im riding my unicycle. Happy New Year!!

--
PKHodgie

sp4rky-m4rky wrote:
You have balls what the hells going on there?

http://www.usenet.com
Old January 1st 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CoreTechs

I usually do wear shin pads, but recently I haven't. Need to get back in
the habit of doing it. I'm thinking I need ankle guards too because my
ankle and around my achilles tendon has been a bit scratched up too.

Old January 2nd 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniSano

New Year's Eve at 1600ish I'd just finished up a fairly hard 6 mile Muni
ride (after running a hilly ten miles earlier in the day) and was
pretty well tuckered out. But rather than stop and relax the rest of
the day, I changed clothes and grabbed my trials uni and went out front
to my home trials course, a couple of fun/tricky skinnies and some
other drop and gap things. Anyways the newest feature is this 8"
diameter crooked log that is about 20 feet long, it bends left, right,
up and down all along it's entire length; it is also elevated about
2ft+ end to end. Well, I should know better than to do tricky trials
when my legs are dead, but NOOO I had to attempt this big lines (for
me) and wouldn't you know it I my tire unexpectidly slipped off the
cooked log about half way through throwing me forward and down rather
faster than I could react and my face met the cooked log rather hard
about the same time my collar bone struck the cement pipe crooked log
support! It all happened so fast I didn't really piece together until
the next day what happened. Long story short I spent 7 hours in the ER
waiting room just to get 10 stickes in my lovely face between my mouth
and chin! The moral to this story: Don't do tricky i.e. potentially
dangerous, trials when you are tired and don't have your "catlike"
reflexes ready to go! Also don't go to the ER on a big Holiday! Or
ever! At least they had football on in the waiting room so rather than
sitting at home watching football I was at the ER...

--
MuniSano
http://www.usenet.com
Old January 2nd 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Today I shattered my collar bone, snapped my spine, dislocated my knee
and fractured my pelvis. -Jackass the game is fun!

Old January 2nd 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
sp4rky-m4rky

.....some little kid, he was so flipping anoying

--
sp4rky-m4rky

you may be lucky but you make your own luck
*)--540 Unispin-'O,*
my 'videos' (http://www.youtube.com/user/c011in9s)
learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my 'unispin tutorial'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM)
Want to glide? watch my 'ww tutorial'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prrX0sY7QVo)
http://www.usenet.com

Injured danger_uni Unicycling 89 September 11th 07 08:27 PM
Injured gagtape Unicycling 51 August 3rd 07 03:09 PM
who else is injured and out of unicycling right now? mcnuggets300 Unicycling 2 May 21st 07 01:56 AM
injured in war [email protected] General 24 December 12th 06 08:37 PM