Three-speed bike seatpost Q

Old July 13th 05, 09:59 PM
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

Default Three-speed bike seatpost Q

Point me to a FAQ!

This gentlemanly 1966 Sears three-speed bicycle has a chrome seat post
that I'd like to raise a bit. Problem is, the thing is pretty happy with
being where it is. I don't want to grab it with a pipe wrench for fear
of scratching the chrome. I can't think of any other way to loosen it
and tug it upwards. Ideas are, as always, welcome.

--

Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
Old July 13th 05, 11:11 PM

Grab the seat and twist and upward after seat is really
tight and post bolt is lose.

Do I need a new bike? Brian Kerr General 63 August 30th 05 05:21 PM
Bike rack [email protected] General 9 April 22nd 05 02:50 AM
Some questions etc.. Douglas Harrington General 10 August 17th 04 02:42 AM
How old were you when you got your first really nice bike? Brink General 43 November 13th 03 10:49 AM