Schlitter vs. Schlitter

Old October 17th 06, 08:35 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
stratrider

Default Schlitter vs. Schlitter

As I looked and perhaps drooled over the new dual 26 LWB choices being
offered by RANS in 2007, it became instantly clear to me that Randy is
putting most of his eggs into these light weight performance oriented
dual 26 (or 650) LWB bikes and at the same time, all but abandoning the
high racers (OK one remains). So it seems to me that the high
performance battle lines are being drawn for 2007 between LWB and SWB,
between RANS and Bacchetta (and perhaps Volae), and between the
Schlitter brothers, Randy and John. From what I can see, win. loose,
or draw, the recumbent enthusiast (with lots of $$ to spend) is the
real winner as the choices look better than ever!

Jim Reilly
Reading, PA

Old October 17th 06, 09:34 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Joao

stratrider wrote:
Randy and John.

The main question remains: Which one will be played by Dustin Hoffman,
and which one will be played by Meryl Streep?
Old October 18th 06, 01:34 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman

stratrider aka Jim Reilly wrote:
As I looked and perhaps drooled over the new dual 26 LWB choices being
offered by RANS in 2007, it became instantly clear to me that Randy is
putting most of his eggs into these light weight performance oriented
dual 26 (or 650) LWB bikes and at the same time, all but abandoning the
high racers (OK one remains).

Has RANS ever offered a dual large wheel bike other than the Force 5
[1], which now comes in three versions?

So it seems to me that the high
performance battle lines are being drawn for 2007 between LWB and SWB,
between RANS and Bacchetta (and perhaps Volae), and between the
Schlitter brothers, Randy and John. From what I can see, win. loose,
or draw, the recumbent enthusiast (with lots of $$ to spend) is the
real winner as the choices look better than ever!

Don't forget the Challenge Seiran [2], Optima Cougar [3] and several
dual large wheel models from M5 [3] - Dutch treats, indeed.

[1] http://www.ransbikes.com/.
[2]
http://www.challengebikes.com/html/index.php?taal=en&selectie=seiransl.
[3] http://www.optima-cycles.nl/eng/2.htm.
[4] http://www.m5-ligfietsen.nl/site/EN/Models/Models_overview/.

--
Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

Old October 18th 06, 04:05 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"stratrider" wrote in message
ups.com...
As I looked and perhaps drooled over the new dual 26 LWB choices being
offered by RANS in 2007, it became instantly clear to me that Randy is
putting most of his eggs into these light weight performance oriented
dual 26 (or 650) LWB bikes and at the same time, all but abandoning the
high racers (OK one remains). So it seems to me that the high
performance battle lines are being drawn for 2007 between LWB and SWB,
between RANS and Bacchetta (and perhaps Volae), and between the
Schlitter brothers, Randy and John. From what I can see, win. loose,
or draw, the recumbent enthusiast (with lots of $$ to spend) is the
real winner as the choices look better than ever!

I am intrigiuged too by the Stratus XP. I would have to get the large size,
so it would be a very big bike indeed. I especially like the slightly raised
crank from the Tour Easy, yet it is still a low crank. Several years ago I
got the RANS V2 and it is a super bike, but the high crank can get to me
after awhile.

After 25 years of riding every known configuration of recumbent (except low
and high racers) I have decided I like a low crank, but it does not need to
be quite as low as the Tour Easy. Such bikes are better for the blood
circulation in my legs and besides, they just plain handle better. But I
don't know if I want to spend another $2000. for yet another recumbent bike!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old October 18th 06, 04:35 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Joao

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:

Has RANS ever offered a dual large wheel bike other than the Force 5
[1], which now comes in three versions?

RANS has been doing dual big wheels for a couple of years now. See
http://ransbikes.com/StratusXP.htm and
http://ransbikes.com/V26formula.htm and http://ransbikes.com/Seavo.htm
plus all of their crank forwards bikes.
Old October 19th 06, 01:38 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Joao wrote:
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:

Has RANS ever offered a dual large wheel [SWB] bike other than the Force 5
[1], which now comes in three versions?

RANS has been doing dual big wheels for a couple of years now. See
http://ransbikes.com/StratusXP.htm and
http://ransbikes.com/V26formula.htm and http://ransbikes.com/Seavo.htm
plus all of their crank forwards bikes.

See correction.