TEXAS BIKE LANES

Old January 25th 11, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

Default TEXAS BIKE LANES

discovered winter 'tour-training' the profile is for above Fort Davis
to Terlingua at Rio Grande NP

weather is golden cool. camping cheap. photos are Davis to Langtry

http://picasaweb.google.com/datakoll...h/TEXASBLANES#
Old January 27th 11, 11:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

On Jan 25, 5:51*pm, kolldata wrote:
discovered winter 'tour-training' *the profile is for above Fort Davis
to Terlingua at Rio Grande NP

weather is golden cool. camping cheap. photos are Davis to Langtry

http://picasaweb.google.com/datakoll...h/TEXASBLANES#

after looking at White's and Vecchios, I add the wind was at my stren
all the way to Corpus
Old January 28th 11, 12:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

stillborn ?

http://www.diddit.com/scenic-drive-f...way-170-texas/

local noise suggests 170 from Terlinguia to presidio is closed due
to ....?
Old January 28th 11, 01:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

kolldata wrote:
stillborn ?

http://www.diddit.com/scenic-drive-f...way-170-texas/

local noise suggests 170 from Terlinguia to presidio is closed due
to ....?

Watch out for the flying dope bricks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxe_nZsQEIw

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old January 28th 11, 01:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

BOY THERE'S A LOTTA DOPE AROUND HERE !

sheeeet I could be in Latvia or Belarus.
you know Crawford.
But the Border Patrol will protect me..
if I go to Maryland or New Hampshire
Old February 4th 11, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

Rockport to New Braunfels past Fannin's demise, Zargoza's BP thru gas
fields.

and thru....

http://picasaweb.google.com/datakoll...h/TEXASBLANES#

the lanes, like Florida's lanes are not true bike lanes off course but
laid in for another purpose, in TX for oil truck safety when
brokendown bermside.

but the grand dimensions shows what, right ?
Old February 5th 11, 07:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_]

On 2/4/2011 5:07 PM, kolldata aka AVAGADRO IV/V wrote:
Rockport to New Braunfels past Fannin's demise, Zargoza's BP thru gas
fields.

and thru....

http://picasaweb.google.com/datakoll...h/TEXASBLANES#

the lanes, like Florida's lanes are not true bike lanes off course but
laid in for another purpose, in TX for oil truck safety when
brokendown bermside.

but the grand dimensions shows what, right ?

The drier western portion of Texas is certainly the more attractive part
of the state.

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old February 6th 11, 03:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

casw there's no Texans there
Old February 6th 11, 07:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Tēm ShermĒn wrote:

The drier western portion of Texas is certainly the more attractive part
of the state.

Lots of West Texas is both awful and ugly (though dry).

This is scenic Wink, TX:
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tx..._SITE_WINK.JPG

You could buy a generous chunk of lovely Kermit, TX for yourself:
http://www.landwatch.com/default.aspx?ct=d&pid=50002700

Mentone is the fetching metropolis of Loving County, Texas. Almost a
quarter of Loving County's 70 people live in Mentone:
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tx...g/DSC00067.JPG

Here's the breathtaking view on the road connecting evocatively named
Brownfield, TX and Levelland, TX:
http://bikeacrossamerica.org/trip-re...est-texas1.jpg

Conversely, take a gander at damp, unsightly Uncertain, TX on Caddo
Lake adjoining Louisiana:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wirwuen...10/3588889463/

Here's well-hydrated but loathsome Marshall, TX deep in the eastern
part of the state:
http://www.notontheinterstate.com/im...Texas_0061.jpg

Dismal Shelbyville, TX, on the wretched Toledo Bend Reservoir in East
Texas:
http://www.toledo-bend.com/national-...MG_082274w.jpg

Oh, and the Hill Country of Central Texas is just unspeakable:
http://www.google.com/images?client=...s+hill+country

Just to remind you, Texas is bigger than France. It contains a lot of
things to look at. The mountain country of West Texas-- what we call
the Trans-Pecos region-- is quite scenic, but it's a relatively small
part of West Texas (even if it's still about the same size as
Austria). The remainder of West Texas is mostly charmless.

Chalo
Old February 6th 11, 02:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

This is scenic Wink, TX:http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tx..._CAMP_SITE_WIN...

You could buy a generous chunk of lovely Kermit, TX for yourself:http://www.landwatch.com/default.aspx?ct=d&pid=50002700

Mentone is the fetching metropolis of Loving County, Texas. *Almost a
quarter of Loving County's 70 people live in Mentone:http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tx...g/DSC00067.JPG

Here's the breathtaking view on the road connecting evocatively named
Brownfield, TX and Levelland, TX:http://bikeacrossamerica.org/trip-re...est-texas1.jpg

Conversely, take a gander at damp, unsightly Uncertain, TX on Caddo
Lake adjoining Louisiana:http://www.flickr.com/photos/wirwuen...tionalereisege...

Here's well-hydrated but loathsome Marshall, TX deep in the eastern
part of the state:http://www.notontheinterstate.com/im..._Road_Marshall...

Dismal Shelbyville, TX, on the wretched Toledo Bend Reservoir in East
Texas:http://www.toledo-bend.com/national-...MG_082274w.jpg

Oh, and the Hill Country of Central Texas is just unspeakable:http://www.google.com/images?client=...s+hill+country

Just to remind you, Texas is bigger than France. *It contains a lot of
things to look at. *The mountain country of West Texas-- what we call
the Trans-Pecos region-- is quite scenic, but it's a relatively small
part of West Texas (even if it's still about the same size as
Austria). *The remainder of West Texas is mostly charmless.

Chalo

Texas after crossing from the Sea of Louisina is a bummer. Dry dirt,
blowing grit, attractive farm girls tearing at my clothing....

TX 1046 is A Gas

the Border Patrol smashed my truck at the western portal. I notice
Texas BP are either drunken football players or VoTech dropouts
whereas Cal and NM BP are charming, intelligent, witty and polite.

Texan's geocentricity is so overwhelming, it's undescribabble. Like an
south Georgian pig farmer was crosssed with a stock broker from the
Hamptons.

Getting the Interstate into the Trans Pecos, I stopped at Garcia's for
sustinance and behold ! was surrounded at the counter by long lost
relatives. Charming.

Noticed that Texas waste treatment facilities don't smell. Will report
back on this...

With all the bike lanes, training first rate competitive cyclists
beast Arizona's potential fersure.