he fired a handgun at a bicyclist

Old July 28th 09, 01:53 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
N8N

Default he fired a handgun at a bicyclist

On Jul 27, 7:17*pm, Still Just Me -
wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:31:18 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

When there is an accident involving a cyclist it's
usually almost always the cyclist fault. If my department ever gets
funding for overtime cyclist enforcement, I'm signing up and writing
my 2 citation books worth.'

Typical cop attitude toward cyclists, IMHE.

I'm a *cyclist* and that's my attitude.

*most* cyclists (not pointing fingers at anyone here, mind you) are more
reckless, careless, and just plain scofflaws than any other road users,
and that's saying a lot, as **** poor as the average driver is.

I'm guessing the drivers are much better where you are than where I
am. Here it's open season on cyclists.

But, more to the point, cops are supposed to be unbiased observers
enforcing the laws without prejudice, not haters with a mission to
harass and abuse.

Well... IME *some* traffic cops are decent people and *some* are just
out to write violations. It's never safe to assume that you have a
non-adversarial relationship with a traffic cop. Hopefully that's
just my area, but I doubt it. But that's also a rant more appropriate
for a different newsgroup.

nate
Old July 28th 09, 03:59 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

On Jul 28, 8:53*am, N8N wrote:
On Jul 27, 7:17*pm, Still Just Me *-

wrote:

[...]

nate- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, some are decent, but somehow they are put out there to make
quick money, and the way to do it is get together a bunch of them with
speed guns and write speeding tickets galore.
Old July 28th 09, 04:02 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

On Jul 28, 8:53*am, N8N wrote:
On Jul 27, 7:17*pm, Still Just Me *-

wrote:

[...]

Originally Posted by xenologer
"Because they're above everyone else, after all they're The Law."

I see some of them around here sitting in their cars all day long. You
may argue they are WASTING TAX PAYER'S MONEY, but basically they don't
bother anyone. At most they go at the end of the day to the roads and
issue some speeding tickets.

It could be worse...