he fired a handgun at a bicyclist

Old July 28th 09, 04:13 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

Default he fired a handgun at a bicyclist

On Jul 27, 7:16*pm, mike wrote:
In article 70e8ab6f-0719-4f10-aeea-d3d1d5624d49
@i6g2000yqj.googlegroups.com, says... Diez stopped his car and confronted Simons near 1360 Tunnel Road. When
Simons began to walk away, Diez shot at him, Splain said.

The bullet blew a hole through the outer lining of Simons' helmet and
went straight through both sides of it, but he was not hit.

This is scary stuff - I have enough problems with threats from wing-
mirrors, opening doors, large wheels, dogs, pot-holes, errant
pedestrians etc, without drivers being armed (Once again I am thankful
that hand-guns are illegal here). But I am intrigued by...

?A matter of an inch or less in either direction would have meant that
bullet could have easily killed Mr. Simons,? Splain said.

..."_either_ direction".... I just can't quite picture that, unless
Simon's head is a very peculiar shape.

--Mike

It went through his ears?
Old July 28th 09, 04:26 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Bod[_2_]

ComandanteBanana wrote:
On Jul 27, 7:16 pm, mike wrote:
[...]

Halfway down the cone? :-)

Bod
Old July 28th 09, 04:31 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Mike A Schwab

On Jul 28, 10:13*am, ComandanteBanana
wrote:
On Jul 27, 7:16*pm, mike wrote:

[...]

It went through his ears? - Hide quoted text -

That would have got both sides of the brain. Maybe it went between
the lobes of the brain (forehead to back of skull), like this woman?
(By the way, a few epileptics have brain surgery to disconnect the two
sides of the brain to limit seizures.)

http://www.sanfranciscosentinel.com/?p=23601
Old July 28th 09, 04:41 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

On Jul 28, 11:26*am, Bod wrote:
ComandanteBanana wrote:
On Jul 27, 7:16 pm, mike wrote:
[...]