Knee and Elbow pad recomendations

Old August 9th 05, 08:23 PM
Skippii

Default Knee and Elbow pad recomendations

I use the $15 "x-games" set from walmart that includes knee and elbow
pads. It's worked fine for me so far. It's hard-shell.

--
Skippii - Kingpin, One for the Road

One for the Road: Harrisonburg's Unicycle gang.
Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822

Old August 10th 05, 03:05 AM
ThisGuyIKnow

Luckily both of my falls were forward. Teh first one I simply slipped
off forward and landed on ym knees and then my hands there wasn't much
momentum as I was going uphill. The second one however I did manage to
roll somewhat, that is how the elbow got involved. I landed on ym knees
first, then rolled toward my right side and ended up on my back. I also
managed to scratch up my pump that was in the pump port on my camelbak.
I am just glad I didnt'damage my ipod which was in teh outer pocket of
my camelbak.

--
ThisGuyIKnow - Film Guy
ThisGuyIKnow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10203

Old August 10th 05, 04:53 PM
dogbowl

leadpan wrote:
*I feel bad for dogbowl. I can't imagine thrashing my elbow like that.
However, regarding this thread. From what I understand dogbowl broke
it NOT while riding fast on his uni but while freemounting.
*

One thing that is true--the unicycle is more stable when going forward
than standing still, and falling off a moving unicycle gives you a few
extra seconds to recover. I must have fallen off all my unicycles
hundreds, maybe even thousands of times without a scratch, and most of
the time I fell on my feet. In my opinion, a unicycle may be similar to
an airplane--an awkward machine that is problematic when resting on the
ground and not moving, (these are the words of a flight mechanic I know)
but once it gets going, it is totally stable--depending on the skill of
the rider. So ironically, it could be argued that it is a lot better to
crash when the unicycle has momentum, than to crash while freemounting.
Even beginners manage to jump off and land on their feet after going a
few feet.
leadpan wrote:*
I am guessing dogbowl is of younger age then I in my 30s, so I hope he
can ride sooner then what doctors say. Get well soon dogbowl, prove
the doctors they are wrong about your recovery time! *

Thanks leadpan! But actually, I am older than you are--I'm 45! Too
old for freemounting injuries!
I can't wait to get back on the damned one-wheel--maybe with full BMX
armor next time...

--
dogbowl - Member, Sun28 Appreciation Society

Temporarily off the unicycle due to horribly smashed elbow. Wear elbow
pads.

All I want out of life is to be able to ride the unicycle while smoking
a cigar at the same time. Is that too much to ask for?
www.dogbowl.com / www.eyeballplanet.com

dogbowl's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6629