Roadside Tour Funny Guys

Old July 4th 04, 10:50 PM
Michael

Default Roadside Tour Funny Guys

I'm watching the "Roadside Tour" and there are a couple of
guys who apparently work with the show who have dressed
up like lions and chased around Mario. And then when talking
with BigMig who was speaking in Spanish, one of the guys
translated him joking to say that BigMig thought he had a good
chance to win. BigMig smiled gracefully, apparently not at all
in on the joke.

Is it me, or is this just painfully not funny?

Mike

Old July 4th 04, 11:04 PM
Richard Adams

Michael wrote:

I'm watching the "Roadside Tour" and there are a couple of
guys who apparently work with the show who have dressed
up like lions and chased around Mario. And then when talking
with BigMig who was speaking in Spanish, one of the guys
translated him joking to say that BigMig thought he had a good
chance to win. BigMig smiled gracefully, apparently not at all
in on the joke.

Is it me, or is this just painfully not funny?

Mike

Wait'll Didi Senft gets into the picture.

http://www.rg-uni-hamburg.de/html/body_didi_senft.html

Old July 4th 04, 11:53 PM
psycholist

"Michael" wrote in message
news
I'm watching the "Roadside Tour" and there are a couple of
guys who apparently work with the show who have dressed
up like lions and chased around Mario. And then when talking
with BigMig who was speaking in Spanish, one of the guys
translated him joking to say that BigMig thought he had a good
chance to win. BigMig smiled gracefully, apparently not at all
in on the joke.

Is it me, or is this just painfully not funny?

Mike

Lets hope someone from OLN monitors this newsgroup. First, THANKS OLN FOR
ALL THE TOUR COVERAGE! WE GREATLY APPRECIATE IT! ... BUT ... The race can
stand on its own. Phil, Paul and Bob are great. Give them free reign.
Send Al and Kirsten and the Cutters on a long vacation or back to auto
racing and field hockey. We don't need that kind of nonsense.

You don't need to educate your audience about the sport. If they aren't
already educated, they'll come to rbr where they'll learn fast or be eaten
.... well done. And you don't need to entertain beyond the excellent and
colorful (though at times, inaccurate) commentary team of Phil, Paul and
Bob. The racing itself will entertain.

But PUHLEASE ... the cutters are REALLY lame.

Bob C.

Old July 5th 04, 01:37 AM
chiefhiawatha

In article , "psycholist"
wrote:

But PUHLEASE ... the cutters are REALLY lame.

I wrote this one year ago, and nobody but andrew f. martin
wanted to hear it.

Now you know.
Old July 5th 04, 02:47 AM
jstraw

Michael wrote:
I'm watching the "Roadside Tour" and there are a couple of guys who
apparently work with the show who have dressed up like lions and chased
around Mario. And then when talking with BigMig who was speaking in
Spanish, one of the guys translated him joking to say that BigMig
thought he had a good chance to win. BigMig smiled gracefully,
apparently not at all in on the joke.
Is it me, or is this just painfully not funny?
Mike

The Cutters suck. One of them just explained how the Green Jersey is
awarded each day to the best sprinter...and this was meant to be an
explanation for why Armstrong is wearing it today. Sheesh.

Old July 5th 04, 05:36 AM
Sierraman

"Michael" wrote in message
news
I'm watching the "Roadside Tour" and there are a couple of
guys who apparently work with the show who have dressed
up like lions and chased around Mario. And then when talking
with BigMig who was speaking in Spanish, one of the guys
translated him joking to say that BigMig thought he had a good
chance to win. BigMig smiled gracefully, apparently not at all
in on the joke.

Is it me, or is this just painfully not funny?

Mike

I liked the devil, the priest and the nuns, but the devil is the only one I
know of that is consistent.

Old July 5th 04, 01:32 PM
HB

"Michael" skrev i en meddelelse
news
I'm watching the "Roadside Tour" and there are a couple of
guys who apparently work with the show who have dressed
up like lions and chased around Mario. And then when talking
with BigMig who was speaking in Spanish, one of the guys
translated him joking to say that BigMig thought he had a good
chance to win. BigMig smiled gracefully, apparently not at all
in on the joke.

Is it me, or is this just painfully not funny?

Mike

Check out these jokers:

http://www.dr.dk/skum/angora/grafik/wall/cykel1024.jpg

They were hoping for a wildcard, but strangely enough, it went to some
French team instead.

Their DS is a firm beleiver that they only need two riders, a sprinter and a
climber, as most stages in the Tour either finishes with a sprint or on a
mountain top.

Their team jersey btw is sold out at the moment. They've sold about 6000
pcs, where Team CSC only have sold about 1000...

HB

Old July 6th 04, 07:48 PM
lancefan

Michael wrote:
I'm watching the "Roadside Tour" and there are a couple of guys who
apparently work with the show who have dressed up like lions and chased
around Mario. And then when talking with BigMig who was speaking in
Spanish, one of the guys translated him joking to say that BigMig
thought he had a good chance to win. BigMig smiled gracefully,
apparently not at all in on the joke.
Is it me, or is this just painfully not funny?
Mike

I THINK THEY ARE ACTUALLY FUNNY & ENTERTAINING...I'M NEW TO THE SPORT
OF CYCLING..AND TO ME ITS GREAT! ITS LIKE SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE MEETS
CYCLING... IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, TURN IT OFF..LEAVE IT ON FOR THE
REST OF US..

Old July 6th 04, 08:02 PM
Michael

"lancefan" wrote in message
.. .
Michael wrote:
I'm watching the "Roadside Tour" and there are a couple of guys who
apparently work with the show who have dressed up like lions and chased
around Mario. And then when talking with BigMig who was speaking in
Spanish, one of the guys translated him joking to say that BigMig
thought he had a good chance to win. BigMig smiled gracefully,
apparently not at all in on the joke.
Is it me, or is this just painfully not funny?
Mike

I THINK THEY ARE ACTUALLY FUNNY & ENTERTAINING...I'M NEW TO THE SPORT
OF CYCLING..AND TO ME ITS GREAT! ITS LIKE SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE MEETS
CYCLING... IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, TURN IT OFF..LEAVE IT ON FOR THE
REST OF US..

I can see that you are new to the sport. To me, it seems quite
disrespectful to Mario and the BigMig and, worse, not even
very funny.

M.

Old July 6th 04, 08:38 PM
Jim A

I think the analoy of SNL meets cycling is great..because SNL hasn't been funny
for years