Evolution of Balance Award

Old November 12th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

Default Evolution of Balance Award

Hi,

In 2008 KHU will offer the Evolution of Balance Award.

This grant will be provided annually to a team proposing a difficult,
creative, and remote mountain unicycling adventure somewhere in the
world.

The award is application-based and will be awarded on April 1 next
year. The deadline for application submission is February 29. For
more info and to download a grant application form, visit
www.krisholm.com/grants.

My hope is that this award will help inspire more riders to undertake
muni adventures in cool places. Grant proposals for both regular muni
and 36’er muni trips are welcome.

The prize is:
US $1500.00
One free KH unicycle (singlespeed)
One set of KH gloves and pads
Up to three additional KH unicycles at wholesale cost.

Logistics and product shipping is sponsored by the nearest UDC
franchise or Bedford Unicycles to the winner. I also want to thank
Nathan Hoover for his enthusiastic support and financial contribution
towards the 2008 award, and UNI magazine for making space in their next
issue for an award announcement.

Please forward this link to anyone you think might be interested!

Kris Holm
www.krisholm.com/grants

--
danger_uni
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 12th 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

Wow, that's such a cool idea!

Hmm.....so many possibilities.

--
GizmoDuck

The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net

The Monguni 2009....Unicycle Tour of Mongolia

Email me for details.
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 12th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skianduniaddict

umm ill do tuckermans ravine winter or summer ur choice lol

--
skianduniaddict

unifreak7 wrote:
IT makes me mad how skianduniaddict is so much better than me at
street.
-Shaun JOhanneson

unifreak7 wrote:
skianduniaddict kicks my ass at street
-Shaun JOhanneson

Det-riot wrote:
PWNN'D by garvity, the unicyclists greatest enemy *shakes fist at
ground*

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 13th 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
evil-nick

Me too!

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 13th 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
flyer

This is very cool. Money of course gets everything done, so it's great
to see equipment and cash being set up to advance the sport. I approve!

--
flyer
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 13th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

So in the begining of the application, it says applicants must be at
least 18 years old. Then down at the bottom where you have to sign and
stuff, there is space for guardian name/signature if you are under 18
years old. Which one is right?

--
maximus unius
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 13th 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniDudeDX

so what do you make a movie?

--
UniDudeDX

Jerrick wrote:
I think we should get off the topic off kinky/horny girls and unicycles,
and back to creepy horny men.

thejdw wrote:
Cocain has very good commpression propities, great for side hops and
large drops.

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 13th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

Wow this is amazing. I'm definatly planning on applying for this. I hope
that this is pretty inspirational to other people too to get planning.
It can certainly open up alot of doors for people.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 13th 07, 04:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

I'd like to get in on this with someone. If anyone else out there is
interested or already has an idea and wouldn't mind me joining in on
the fun shoot me a PM please!

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.otherworldsociety.org/projectuni) - *The First
Serious Unicycle Computer Game* - -Simple multiplayer muni concept demo
soon.-*
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 13th 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

It's none of my business, and I think it is a great gesture by the KH
Co. to promote the sport. I am just thinking that if someone like Terry
Muniaddict won, or Sean, any of the good film makers, that would be the
most fun.

I don't think I have a chance. I'm a lame rider and I have never made a
film.

I guess my point is that sending an excellent rider to a super cool
spot might not be that much fun for the rest of us. I like the
adventure idea though. Still, sending some great rider to Nepal might
not yield footage that would rival Terry going to Wall Mart.

I guess there is a middle ground somehow. Actually Kris, if it were my
prize I would award it to you ! You have made the coolest uni adventure
films so far IMHO.

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com

TdF bad glasses award ProfTournesol[_27_] Australia 4 July 12th 07 10:31 AM
Salesman of the Year Award Davey Crockett Racing 14 December 6th 06 07:59 AM
Another Darwin Award Tony W UK 3 September 11th 06 01:41 PM
Why even hold the TdF? Just award Mayo the win now. Ronde Champ Racing 4 June 12th 04 02:20 AM
Almost a Darwin Award Tony Raven UK 12 November 13th 03 11:12 AM