To cycle is to live dangerously...[

Old October 30th 17, 06:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default To cycle is to live dangerously...[

On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 11:43:16 PM UTC, Frank Krygowski wrote:

I know, or have known, well over a dozen professional scientists.

You remind me of a Magnequest Mob scumbag called Frank Deutschmann who hung around with Michael LeFevre and claimed a CV as long as a gorilla's arm and "to know many, many CEOs, CFOs" and some more acronyms that I didn't know even with a business school education and clients in the Fortune 500 and equivalents elsewhere. Deutschmann turned out to be a cleaner who vacuumed the carpets and cleaned out the wastebaskets of the CEOs, CFO, etc he claimed to "know".

One has to wonder how "well over a dozen professional scientists" will describe you, Franki-boy.

Andre Jute
Why, oh, why bother with this idiot?
Old October 30th 17, 07:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 8:36:50 PM UTC, wrote:

The White Anglo Saxon majority loved her so much that the government funded Planned Parenthood which are almost entirely in or on the fringes of minority neighborhoods to kill off those that they see not fit to live.

The vast majority of the abortions today are of Black and Hispanic children.. Planned Parenthood is an outright white-supremacist organization. The feminists who lobby and march for abortion ditto.

Or you could cast it as a class war, rather than as a race war.

Asians and middle- and upper-class whites tend to marry and have stable families and not have abortions. But they are ofttimes the same people who lobby for abortion and Planned Parenthood (which they neither need nor use) which kills the children mainly of Black and Hispanic mothers, who don't have stable families, or any families at all (the absent father syndrome). That's definitely a class war.

One wonders how self-styled progressives can wander so far away from their vaunted multicultural humanitarianism, unless it was never sincere to begin with.
Old October 30th 17, 01:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 4:43:16 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/29/2017 4:36 PM, wrote:
On Friday, October 27, 2017 at 6:16:26 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:

I just don't understand why everyone doesn't believe a Usenet nut
instead of a government agency with enough PhDs and graduate engineers
to put people on the moon.

Oh, that's right, I forgot. The moon landing was a hoax.

http://tinyurl.com/y8dc4ebh

Frank, I am never surprised when you prove to not have a brain in your head.

http://thedeepstate.com/acid-rain-playbook/

Every day we are being assaulted by the media and NASA and NOAA about man-made climate change. Now science knows this is pure hogwash and always has...

Who are the overwhelming majority of people that support the idea of Man-Made Global Warming? People like Frank and Jay who know no science...

Tom, we know that you don't have much formal education. I wonder if you
personally know a single scientist.

I know, or have known, well over a dozen professional scientists. I
don't know one who thinks the way you do. In fact, I doubt any of the
ones I know would describe you as anything other than an internet nut.

Frank, I don't have a formal education and you are stupid enough to believe that somehow that makes you smart. I also have a measured IQ of 145. You know - one of those feeble-minded minorities that people like you didn't want in this country.

I have the electronics I designed and programmed on the International Space Station as part of the original three block module. I developed the automation via a 12 axis robotic mechanism to use Dr. Mullis's PCR to detect HIV in the blood banking system. Our formally educated PhD's proclaimed in a meeting that such couldn't be done save with two IBM supercomputers and I did it with an Intel 8008. I later improved it to a 16 axis mechanism that was the first method of analyzing DNA. Dr. Mullis won a Nobel Prize for that. Do you suppose that would have been possible for his formal education had he not been able to prove the worth of his chemistry by saving the blood banking system?

Poor stupid uneducated me, I developed medical instruments for the detection and treatment of cancer for the NIH. I programmed poison gas detectors for the military including correcting the calculus equations that those formally educated PhD's were unable to get correct.

Do you know those syringe pumps used in hospitals all over the world? I was the first to develop then from design to finished programmed product.

When our country decided to automate utility meter reading I was part of the team.

While you're packing around your smartphone and looking up the time and your position on its GPS - I programmed the C library functions that are used for that.

Wind tunnel design and control of gas flow rates. Liquid and gas chromatography.

Lockheed Aerospace contacted me and asked me to be part of their on-call staff for the bay area. Now why do you suppose that is since unlike you I don't have a formal education?

Why don't you discover a typo and show how intelligent you are by pointing it out?

Old October 30th 17, 01:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 8:08:30 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 29 Oct 2017 19:43:12 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 10/29/2017 4:36 PM, wrote:
[...]

I don't believe that there can be any argument that the polar icecaps
are declining - about 13% per decade from 1979 - 2017. The question is
why? Normal fluctuation in earth temperature? CO2 emissions? Spread of
fire ants?

One thing that appears to be uncontested is that using the "medieval
warm period" as a mean the current average earth temperature is
approximately 0.4 degrees hotter and seems to be increasing annually
at an accelerated rate.

As an aside, it seems that in recent years there has been a similarity
in increased bicycle sales and increased global warming :-)

There were the USS Skate and Nautilus and a British nuclear submarine that surfaced at the North Pole in the 50's into open water. At other times they have surfaced through ice less than two feet thick.

The warmest time in the last 100 years was in the dust bowl years. This was not local to North America but world wide. It was exacerbated by poor farming practices but it was the drought and concomitant heat that caused it.

Old October 30th 17, 01:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 12:00:37 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

The problem with blacks is pretty clear - they have been taught by their black leaders to look for approval from the white man. They haven't any racial pride. They have a wino's outlook on life.

No matter how many great black achievers there are the media always points out the blacks kneeling in a football stadium. It wouldn't do for blacks to get the idea that blacks can do anything that whites can.

"Oh please great white man, be nice to me because what you think is the beginning and ending of my world."

Do you know that after WW II the black race ALMOST made it back to humanity? That in the war blacks learned that no one cared what color you were. That the only thing that counted was that you were an American and would cover your back?

But black leaders could see money signs in their eyes by playing the race card and achieved the re-development of racism beyond their wildest imagination.

Blacks are the only racial group that have had their own achievements hidden by their own leaders. Dr. King, who actually had self appreciation, in his speech before the million man march noted that a third of the marchers were whites who wanted to express their disgust with the white establishment. This as if the only thing that counted was the approval of whites and not the blacks making their own mark.

I am old enough to remember when blacks had to sit in the back of the bus. In Oakland of all places. Why was that? BECAUSE that was the way it always was. Almost none of the whites questioned it but none of them could care less where a black sat. I was on the Key System bus when a old black lady got on the bus with a load of groceries. She looked towards the back of the bus and just couldn't face walking back there. It was a common working white man, himself weary from a day of work, that jumped up and offered that lady his seat. The black driver wouldn't move the bus because it was against regulations and he didn't want to get himself in trouble. It was the other white passengers that cried for him to go on. Almost instantly that was the end of segregation on a bus system.

Perhaps that was bad. Perhaps the blacks should have cleared that matter up themselves. Later I read that it was really a movement of old black ladies but I was there and I saw what happened. It was one lady and it was the common working man who had had it up to the necks with a white establishment who were set in their ways.

There was a recent movie (Calculators or some such) about three black women who were mathematicians with NASA in Florida. There was a complaint by a white manager that the blacks were late to meetings to which one of them (finally) pointed out that the bathrooms were segregated and she had to go clear across the campus to use the facilities. As should have been the case the manager picked up a shovel took everyone out and knocked down that "whites only" sign. No one complained. But of course the movie insinuated that there was grumbling among the whites. Unlikely. The only reason that there were segregated bathrooms was because of the post civil warm anger that 440,000 soldiers of the Confederacy were killed and the Union blamed it upon slavery instead of the true cause of taxation of farm produce that didn't apply equally to the industrialized north.

If the blacks are EVER going to end their own racism it is going to be by taking pride in their own racial achievements. Only as a passing comment they explained in the movie that those three black ladies made great achievements an moved up the ranks of NASA not because they were black but because they were competent. Why wasn't that the centerpiece of the movie instead of making it look like whites stood in their way their entire careers?

Andre - what would be your reaction to someone being promoted in front of you? Would you immediately think that it was some sort of discrimination or some natural process? I was promoted from technician to jr. engineer, to full engineer and then to project manager and then section manager.

They wouldn't promote me beyond that because those above were like Frank and valued "formal education" over ability. So I began taking college classes.. Sitting in classrooms after working an 8 hour day to hear someone telling me what I already knew. Finally I said screw this and let them eat cake.
Old October 30th 17, 02:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 9:59:00 AM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

How is that job application going?

- Frank Krygowski
Old October 30th 17, 03:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 7:09:00 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
[...]

Which one? I could get a dozen jobs were I to move from California. Since my wife won't go for that I have to watch Silicon Valley dissolving in the belief that you need a formal education to perform tasks that a technician could do.

Abbot Laboratories hasn't called yet. They are offering half the wage that their position would require. Do you suppose that is a serious job or an "it would be nice" position?

The electric car company to offer competition to Tesla seems to be falling apart now. They have advertised for engineering staff but never seem to hire anyone. They too have your really intelligent mindset that you need a formal education in order to screw everything you touch up.

Several other medical instrument companies cannot even read my resume because the headhunters will not submit a resume of someone that hasn't worked in three years. Again you cannot perform simple duties without a formal education.

Where did that get you again?
Old October 30th 17, 04:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 8:51:55 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Where did education get Frank? Is that the question? (Hand shooting up at back of class). Me, me! I can answer that one!

Uh, it got Frank a nice retirement free from concern over the cost of beef and a house in a village -- which sounds nice so long as its not The Village. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Ffr1U7KMY From what I can tell, it means no roving hordes of illegals and thugs. It sounds like he's got a pretty good life, except for riding lane center all the time without a helmet.. Plus, Ohio is too cold for me.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old October 30th 17, 07:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 9:32:05 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Do you mean by not using his formal major but instead becoming a teacher with much greater retirement benefits? Had I stayed a BART technician my retirement would presently be three or four times what I am presently making.

So that is no argument at all.
Old October 30th 17, 08:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 12:47:01 PM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Yes, but the position requiring a college education may have produced a retirement benefit ten times what you are making. If your existing 401K is only paying $500 a month, ten times that would be $60K/year, which is well within range for a PERS retirement benefit for a management employee/teacher and probably below the benefit paid to a professor.

If you went into private employment, you might make more or less, and in some employments you would have been exposed to some pension fund risk, but generally speaking, a college education will net you more income during and after your work life. http://www.frbsf.org/economic-resear...tuition-wages/

-- Jay Beattie.